It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow jumps almost 500 points

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Times have changed thanks to what were all using right now the Internet. Is this mess over probably not, but it may be because of the the speed information moves. Common people can buy stock and precious metals without a real broker. People are looking to make money any way they can. Buy sell within the hour a few dollars here a few there .I think the next month will tell if we can get to 7800 on the Dow and hold it. Home sales are up less than 10% are out of work , interest rates are LOW. Time will tell

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Let's take a second and think about what caused a rally on Wall Street. A plan that removes risk from any fat cat who wants to buy the riskiest garbage and puts the risk on the tax payer. Does that really inspire you to think that Capitilism has been miraculously resurrected?

Furthermore, just because this garbage 'might' be removed from the Banks, is the american Consumer in any better shape to take on more Debt? Remember Consumption was 70% of GDP!

Also, have the Derivatives that caused all this been dealt with? Nope, JP Morgan supposedly one of the untouched banks holds $90 Trillion alone!

Fundamentally nothing has changed, just more smoke and mirrors for the uneducated.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
As the dow rises, the dollar falls.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The market is like a game of Monopoly.
And the money involved is about as real.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Speaking of monopoly money the DOW is down almost 90 points at the moment.

The European markets are down as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yesterday was nothing more than a "Buy on the rumor" session. Some people here are saying that this is all over or perhaps the worst is behind us. Funny thing though, i'm sure everyone remember the 700 point or so gain we got the day that the first bailout was approved. And i remember a few here thinking this were going to be fine.

Yesterdays gain I believe was nothing more than a bunch of people buying on the hope. Unfortunatley I dont think this will last. The dollar seems to be dropping by the day, I feel inflation is starting to rear it's ugly head. If thats true then unfortunatley my country is going to be in alot of trouble as well. As the old addage goes when the US sneezes Canada gets the cold. I wonder what will happen when the States contracts a deadly disease

Not that I blame my neighbour to the south, my country went willingly into this mess of being dependant on the states and now we will have to feel America's pain as if it were ours.

A bit off topic, but a message to any Canadian's around, have you guys noticed the commercials on tv latley from our governemnt urging people to be ready and supplied for up to three days in case of emergency?

food for though i guess

Be prepared

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
they are talking about injecting ANOTHER TRILLION into the economy and the dow rises? haha how many trillion is that now, 10 trillion??
you cant just do that without consequences, period.

heres the dow from 1920-1940 please notice all the upticks on the way down.
do you think people felt good that the market went from 198 to 294? do you think they got suckered ??

beware the suckers rally.

stockcharts.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

That is untrue about wall street being like monopoly money. When you see spikes up and down in the market,, that is millions of real dollars changing hands.

Since 2007 the Dow (individual investers) have lost about 48% of their wealth. Some have lost all of their wealth and most peoples retirement funds have been close to being drained.

Wall street affects main street. Big businesses employ lots of people. You now see those people losing their jobs.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Maybe today we can say the DOW falls as Bernanke speaks.

Paulson had a reputation to cause the DOW to fall each time he spoke. I’m sure he had his blackberry in front of him to watch the fall.

I haven’t seen Paulson around lately. He’s probably in hiding. Perhaps he’s on a Caribbean Cruise, since he got so rich in Bush’s first term.

Here is the Dow at the momment. It may still bounce up a bit. It's down 82.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The DOW does not have any connection with the US dollar, though some commodity investments might.

The DOW is only 30 of the largest US stocks and there are thousands of other stocks out there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join