It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: 'Global warming' simply no longer happening

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Let's just say that global warming is false and all. Climate change due to carbon emissions etc. is false too and they just want to make more money. Well, that's all bad, but getting past that as well, you all do realize that there is still a ton of pollution caused by all these emissions right? It's visible to the naked eye! You can see it in major cities (I know in Los Angeles it is visible many times). It's quite obvious that we still need to switch to alternative fuel sources because they can be much more efficient and less harmful. We could be living in a world where we don't even have to pay for electricity or anything like that. The technology exists and it can still be improved, but it is being suppressed.

Basically my argument is, ignoring all of those factors of "global warming" and the Rothschilds being involved etc., the emissions from current large scale energy sources and fuel burning vehicles cause pollution and are harmful to our environment.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix521
Let's just say that global warming is false and all. Climate change due to carbon emissions etc. is false too and they just want to make more money. Well, that's all bad, but getting past that as well, you all do realize that there is still a ton of pollution caused by all these emissions right? It's visible to the naked eye! You can see it in major cities (I know in Los Angeles it is visible many times). It's quite obvious that we still need to switch to alternative fuel sources because they can be much more efficient and less harmful. We could be living in a world where we don't even have to pay for electricity or anything like that. The technology exists and it can still be improved, but it is being suppressed.

Basically my argument is, ignoring all of those factors of "global warming" and the Rothschilds being involved etc., the emissions from current large scale energy sources and fuel burning vehicles cause pollution and are harmful to our environment.

Simple logic? Be careful - you might scare someone.

And as I've said - Awareness comes first.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

It may be to late to stop the global warming train. As posted on ATS, the Rockerfellar's are heavily invested in global warming. So is Al Gore.

Money is the conductor of this train, not the environment as touted by Al Gore.

If you are a global warming enthusiast consider reading some books that dispel the fear and use real science to achieve the same. Open your mind and you will save your money while keeping options open to your children.

[edit on 2009/25/3 by Marmota monax]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Yeah...

1) Bad source of info.

2) Global Warming isn't really about the world getting warmer. Places will get colder as well....

But its cool, if you think that all the pollution we're throwing at the earth isn't a bad thing, that somehow it just disappears, go ahead, count me out.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Anyone heard about this yet ?.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So was the "one major hurricane to hit north america since 2005" Katrina or Ike? Since Ike was the third most destructive hurricane to ever make landfall in the United States, and Katrina was more destructive than Ike, I'd like to know what it takes to qualify as a "major" hurricane.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've always said Al Gore is a snake in the grass. Global warming was just an excuses to pass this stubid carbon tax. Its all B.S.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
If one would put religion ahead of science then I can understand the confusion and paranoia about global warming science. On the flip side maybe one can understand that if I were to argue the bible and end times prophecy I would be a fish out of water just as those who do not fully understand science are not quite grasping the science despite the sincere effort to clarify. People can write and talk about global warming being BS till the cows come home but those who understand the science will always see through these tactics. I am always ready to reconsider my position if I see the evidence for such reconsideration. Science is not to be feared. Science can liberate us from archaic belief systems and allow us to make advances that benefit mankind and the Earth and beyond someday.

I agree that science will someday completely explain religion and hopefully more. Perhaps the rift will be closed between science and religion someday. I refuse to put religion before anything as I believe organized religion is a disease that infects the minds of the weak. IMHO. But lets pretend I never said religion was a disease. It could upset some people.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unnoan

Which means it can work both ways. You can't just believe the scientists that confirm only to your beliefs.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by burndogg
I've always said Al Gore is a snake in the grass. Global warming was just an excuses to pass this stubid carbon tax. Its all B.S.

OK - then here's a question.

Are you sure Gore is the real snake - - or was he used?

Of course he is an attending member of the Bilderbergers.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
2) Global Warming isn't really about the world getting warmer. Places will get colder as well....

But its cool, if you think that all the pollution we're throwing at the earth isn't a bad thing, that somehow it just disappears, go ahead, count me out.

If there are places that experience a lot of cooling then it is called Climate Change, it is not Global WARMING.....

Here, these might help you understand a bit more the complexity of Climate Change.

Oliver K. Manuel1 , Barry W. Ninham2, 3 and Stig E. Friberg4

(1) University of Missouri, Rolla, MO, USA.
(2) Universities of Florence and Cagliari, Italy
(3) Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
(4) Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY, USA

Abstract Efforts to understand unusual weather or abrupt changes in climate have been plagued by deficiencies of the standard solar model (SSM) [1]. Although it assumes that our primary source of energy began as a homogeneous ball of hydrogen (H) with a steady, well-behaved H-fusion reactor at its core, observations instead reveal a very heterogeneous, dynamic Sun.

As examples, the upward acceleration and departure of H+ ions from the surface of the quiet Sun and abrupt climatic changes, including geomagnetic reversals and periodic magnetic storms that eject material from the solar surface are not explained by the SSM. The present magnetic fields are probably deep-seated remnants of very ancient origin. These could have been generated from two mechanisms. These are (1) Bose-Einstein condensation [2] of iron-rich, zero-spin material into a rotating, superfluid, superconductor surrounding the solar core and/or (2) superfluidity and quantized vortices in nucleon-paired Fermions at the core [3].
Climate - solar magnetic fields - solar cycle - Bose-Einstein condensates

www.springerlink.com...

More and more scientists are starting to see that there are more natural factors that affect the climate on Earth. Earth is not a closed system.

NASA’s THEMIS mission–a fleet of five spacecraft launched in Feb. 2007 to study the substorm phenomenon [...] may have found the substorm power supply–and a springtime connection:

“The satellites have detected magnetic ‘ropes’ connecting Earth’s upper atmosphere directly to the Sun,” says Dave Sibeck, project scientist for the mission at the Goddard Space Flight Center. “We believe that solar wind particles flow in along these ropes, providing energy for geomagnetic storms and auroras.”

It turns out that rope-like magnetic connections between Sun and Earth are favored in springtime. It’s a matter of geometry: As Earth goes around in its orbit, Earth’s tilted magnetic poles make different angles with respect to the Sun, tipping back and forth with a one-year cadence. Around the time of the equinox, Earth’s magnetic field is best oriented for “connecting-up” with the Sun. [...]

omniclimate.wordpress.com...

Spring 1987 LBL Research Review

Berkeley Lab

Does A Companion Star To Sun Cause Earth's Periodic Mass Extinctions?
Lynn Yarris, Lcyarris@lbl.gov

THE THEORIZED COMPANION STAR, THROUGH ITS GRAVITATIONAL PULL, UNLEASHES A FURIOUS STORM OF COMETS IN THE INNER SOLAR SYSTEM LASTING FROM 100,000 TO TWO MILLION YEARS. SEVERAL OF THESE COMETS STRIKE THE EARTH.

"Heavy snows are driven and fall from the world's four corners; the murder frost prevails. The Sun is darkened at noon; it sheds no gladness; devouring tempests bellow and never end. In vain do men await the coming of summer. Thrice winter follows winter over a world which is snow-smitten, frost-fettered, and chained in ice."

"Fimbul Winter" from Norse saga, Twilight of the Gods

Our species, Homo sapiens, arose approximately 250,000 years ago. In the beginning, we used tools of stone and sought shelter in caves. Today, our shelters scrape clouds and our tools allow us to see galaxies far beyond our own, or peer deep into the heart of matter itself. So much progress in such a short time, for in geological terms, the reign of our species has been but the proverbial blink of an eye. Imagine, however, what our record of achievement would be had our history been disrupted no less than five times by titanic nuclear wars, each delivering a destructive blast 10,000 times more powerful than the combined yield of all existing nuclear weapons in our world today.

Such upheaval is what many other species, including the dinosaurs, may have faced during the history of our planet, according to a theory set forth by a Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory (LBL) scientist and his colleagues. The theory postulates that every 26 to 30 million years, life on Earth is severely jeopardized by the arrival of a small companion star to the sun. Dubbed "Nemesis" (after the Greek goddess of retribution), the companion star through its gravitational pull unleashes a furious storm of comets into the inner solar system that lasts anywhere from 100,000 years to two million years. Of the billions of comets sent swarming toward the sun, several strike the Earth, triggering a nightmarish sequence of ecological catastrophes.

www.lbl.gov...

There are more recent scientific papers than this one, but if I, or anyone else were to post all the "peer-reviewed research" that points to the fact that Cliamte Change is being caused by natural factors, it would take several pages.

Most people, and more so the Global Warming followers apparently keep thinking that the ongoing Climate Change is somehow unique, when there have been much faster, and more destructive Climate Changes and disasters in the history of Earth.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Worked pretty well for sulfer dioxide. Haven't heard much about acid rain have we? With out much economic effect for the little guy.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Earthquakes and El Nino ruined early civilization
What had for centuries been a productive, if arid, region became all but uninhabitable in the span of just a handful of generations

First came the earthquakes, then the torrential rains. But the relentless march of sand across once fertile fields and bays, a process set in motion by the quakes and flooding, is probably what did in America's earliest civilization.

So concludes a group of anthropologists in a new assessment of the demise of the coastal Peruvian people who built the earliest, largest structures in North or South America before disappearing in the space of a few generations more than 3,600 years ago.

"This maritime farming community had been successful for over 2,000 years, they had no incentive to change, and then all of a sudden, 'boom,'" said Mike Moseley, a distinguished professor of anthropology at the University of Florida. "They just got the props knocked out from under them."

Moseley is one of five authors of a paper set to appear next week in the online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

www.speroforum.com...

CLIMATE SCIENCE
The earth's magnetic field impacts climate: Danish study

by Staff Writers
Copenhagen (AFP) Jan 12, 2009
The earth's climate has been significantly affected by the planet's magnetic field, according to a Danish study published Monday that could challenge the notion that human emissions are responsible for global warming.
"Our results show a strong correlation between the strength of the earth's magnetic field and the amount of precipitation in the tropics," one of the two Danish geophysicists behind the study, Mads Faurschou Knudsen of the geology department at Aarhus University in western Denmark, told the Videnskab journal.

He and his colleague Peter Riisager, of the Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS), compared a reconstruction of the prehistoric magnetic field 5,000 years ago based on data drawn from stalagmites and stalactites found in China and Oman.

The results of the study, which has also been published in US scientific journal Geology, lend support to a controversial theory published a decade ago by Danish astrophysicist Henrik Svensmark, who claimed the climate was highly influenced by galactic cosmic ray (GCR) particles penetrating the earth's atmosphere.

www.terradaily.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Is there a link between Earth's magnetic field and low-latitude precipitation?
Mads Faurschou Knudsen1,2,3 and Peter Riisager4
1 Department of Earth Sciences, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PR, UK
2 Department of Geography and Geology, University of Copenhagen, Øster Voldgade 10, 1350 Copenhagen, Denmark
3 Department of Earth Sciences, University of Aarhus, Hoegh-Guldbergs Gade 2, 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
4 Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, Øster Voldgade 10, 1350 Copenhagen, Denmark

Some studies indicate that the solar modulation of galactic cosmic ray (GCR) particles has profound consequences for Earth's climate system. A corollary of the GCR-climate theory involves a link between Earth's magnetic field and climate, since the geomagnetic field also modulates the GCR flux reaching Earth's atmosphere. In this study, we explore this potential geomagnetic-climate link by comparing a new reconstruction of the Holocene geomagnetic dipole moment with high-resolution speleothem data from China and Oman. The speleothem 18O data represent proxy records for past precipitation in low-latitude regions, which is a climate parameter that is likely to have been sensitive to variations in the GCR flux modulated by the dipole moment. Intriguingly, we observe a relatively good correlation between the high-resolution speleothem 18O records and the dipole moment, suggesting that Earth's magnetic field to some degree influenced low-latitude precipitation in the past. In addition to supporting the notion that variations in the geomagnetic field may have influenced Earth's climate in the past, our study also provides some degree of support for the controversial link between GCR particles, cloud formation, and climate.

geology.geoscienceworld.org...

Science News

Earth's Magnetic Field Reversals Illuminated By Lava Flows Study
ScienceDaily (Sep. 26, 2008) — Earth's north magnetic pole is shifting and weakening. Ancient lava flows are guiding a better understanding of what generates and controls the Earth's magnetic field – and what may drive it to occasionally reverse direction.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here is a good presentation about Climate Change and the truth about Global Warming.

www.ac.wwu.edu...

If it was true, and there was factual evidence that mankind is causing Climate Change, I would change my mind, but there is no such evidence except for claims and flawed computer models.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Worked pretty well for sulfer dioxide. Haven't heard much about acid rain have we? With out much economic effect for the little guy.

Er, no, it hasn't:

Eight out of every 10 rainfalls in Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong province, last year was classified as acid rain.

The city suffered from the worst acid rain of any in the province, the Guangdong provincial environmental protection bureau said. Altogether, two-thirds of Guangdong's 21 cities were affected.
Source: www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Human-generated carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is slowly acidifying the ocean, threatening a catastrophic impact on marine life. And just as scientists are starting to grasp the magnitude of the problem, researchers have delivered more bad news: Acid rain is making things worse.

Scientists estimate that one-third of the world’s acid rain falls near the coasts, carrying some 100 million tons of nitrogen oxide, ammonia, and sulfur dioxide into the ocean each year. Using direct measurements and computer models, oceanographer Scott Doney of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and his colleagues calculated that acid rain causes as much as 50 percent of the acidification of coastal waters, where the pH can be as low as 7.6. (The open ocean’s pH is 8.1.)
Source: discovermagazine.com...

May 30, 2008 -- Acid rain may seem, like, so 1980s, but the problem has not gone away.

Researchers reported this week that soils throughout the Northeast are continuing to acidify, despite a 50 percent decrease in acid rain since the peak in 1973.
Source: dsc.discovery.com...

Acid rain is still a problem, but you don't hear about it because someone discovered where it was coming from. The primary cause of sulfuric acid in rainwater is sulfur dioxide, produced by catalytic converters. So of course you don't hear about it; the government is requiring you to produce it.

Just as when catalytic converters were mandated in order to help clean the air, they did the opposite. That 'rotten egg' smell you detect coming form older catalytic converters is sulfur dioxide, which is worse than the carbon monoxide that the converters were supposed to get rid of (and I still wouldn't suggest locking yourself in an airtight garage with the motor running). As it will be with Cap & Trade. As long as possible, the media will portray it as being the savior of the planet, until it is discovered it is doing little to nothing (or having unintended consequences) and then it will be spoken of no more.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just a thought.

We cant use solar panels because the sun might reflect off and cause globull warming...oh no!!!

Or maybe not

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Computer models fairly accurately predict the weather everyday. I wouldn't be so quick to disregard the information that they give.

Earth's atmosphere is a delicate blessing that we have. It's made up of many chemicals and each one holds it's own value. Certain chemicals such as clouds reflect energy from the sun as well as the earth. We have found that certain chemicals such as CO2 also reflect this energy. We also know that CO2 levels have been increasing due to the actions of man.

I think an important fact that some are missing is that CO2 is not the only factor that can change the climate. There are mean factors that can change the climate and we know is that CO2 is one of them. It is vary likely that previous climate changes have been caused by other means.

The lowering of temperatures does not necessarily mean that "global warming" is not taking place, it could simply mean that another factor is at work.

I wouldn't put too much faith in using who has earned money promoting some "agenda" into disregarding "global warming" either. Think about this, if you were in the know and had the money wouldn't you invest money into global warming? It's not a bad idea either, who wouldn't pass up being able to save the world and being able to make some cash.

Basically, if we have found something that will throw our climate out whack and we can do something about it then why shouldn't we? At least we have been able to identify a problem that we can solve this time. And can somebody blame anybody for throwing money into it? If I had the cash I would do it myself.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by czacza1

I never said so. and I do not think so. I am sure that EU where I live do produce less carbon than you in US. we are aware not to poluute our envirament for already long time without anybody to threaten us that we will be charged for it. as an architect I also always try to implement in my projects the ecological solutions. so please do not put in my mouth someting I never stated!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marmota monax
reply to post by czacza1

If you are a global warming enthusiast consider reading some books that dispel the fear and use real science to achieve the same. Open your mind and you will save your money while keeping options open to your children.

sorry, but do you direct this words to me????
have you read the any previous post?

I think you missed the target. or it is a missunderstanding.

take care

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join