It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: 'Global warming' simply no longer happening

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
* See previous post..you folks gobble down Propaganda piece after Propaganda piece...psuedo science sponsored by big oil...

Be good to yourselves and actually research who is behind these stories...

See above...that took me ten minutes...Don't be a pawn.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well none of us can deny all the strange changes in the weather patterns.

Snow in Vegas and California this year. I mailed my uncle some ear muffs.

Increased Hurricanes, Tornado’s, Flooding, Temp fluctuations in the ocean, breaking records for both hot temps and cold temps, etc, etc.

I’d like to hear others conclusions on this subject. It's very interesting.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If you have a pre-intent agenda to prove one side or the other - - you will always find someone who agrees with you.

Science should always have an open end.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

That is called Climate Change, which is natural, and not Global Warming.

The claim surrounding Global Warming is that atmospheric CO2 has been protrayed as being more important than the Sun, and all other natural factors, yet we know for a fact this is not true.

I agree. The manmade global warming scare is designed to capitalize on the coming climate change shift. I think some HEAVY global changes will be forthcoming in the next couple years (hidden knowledge to manipulate us?)

If we can be convinced that these extreme, volatile, planetary changes are caused by our doing then we'll beg for a solution to be saved from them. Don't worry. The solution has been worked out. Then the REAL rules and regulations will begin.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

You are wrong.... People who do not beleive in global warming or your version of climate change are not necessarily anti green. I for one am very consiencious about what I toss/recycle/compost.

To be green and wanting to take care of the earth does not mean that I proscribe to your distorted / uneducated / gullible views. The circles I run in are ALL people who meticulously adhear to the belief that we should not be polluting our planet. Only a very few of these (1) have actually fallen for the computer modelling horror show of Al Gore's (I mean man-bear-pig's) man-made climat change theory.

PS: How much CO2 has redout emitted since last week compared to what man has emitted last year? Hmmm!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
If you have a pre-intent agenda to prove one side or the other - - you will always find someone who agrees with you.

That's great advice - and you should take it.

Science should always have an open end.

True for theories. False for conclusions based on empirical evidence.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Rubbish thread, sorry.

My justification..??

Here...

Here....

...and HERE

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

I do not and I do not believe he is the cause of anyone paying attention.

I am anyone.

A "dog" just got run over by a car. Let's discuss whether it makes a difference if its a Cadillac or a Toyota.

If it was an ugly dog, then obviously it got ranned over by a pretty car!

Opposites attract ... and then attack!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
Your quote:
"I feel that it does not matter if we are causing "climate change" or not. It ONLY makes good since to take care of the planet that takes care of us."

So let me get this straight...and on the record for all to see...especially since there are multiple comments just like this throughout this thread.

It doesn't matter if we were being lied to the whole time, by Gore and his kind...so long as your liberal, "we hate ourselves" agenda is satisfied???

Did I get that right???

No, that is not what I am saying. I am saying, I don't know if climate change is man made/interfered with/a part of. But either way it is ONLY good to take care of the planet we live on.

Is that too hard to understand?

Of course I get frustrated(nice word) with government/scientific/corporate propaganda when I find out that we are being purposefully led around by the nose so to speak. Like with the Iraq war, we were lied to and "led around by our noses" to think they had WMD when they did not.

Let's use another example shall we? Your car starts making a lot of noise, so you take it in to have some work done on it. The mechanic tells you that you need to replace your whole engine and it will cost you $$$$$$. The mechanic really believes what he is saying, his boss is rubbing his hands together, but you take it to someone else for a "second opinion" who tells you that you just need to replace your timing belt and it will cost $$. Do you, in anger at the first mechanic NOT take care of the timing belt? Or do you keep driving it until it completely breaks down? I fix the timing belt. Realizing that the first mechanic was wrong purposefully or not. I don't then "hate" ALL mechanics, but I do make sure to "shop around" and I STILL take care of my vehicle even if I had been lied to about what was wrong with it in the first place.

dtice, the point is, that I have ALWAYS felt that we should be taking care of our planet, way before scientist started saying anything about "global warming". Why is it so hard for people to understand that taking care of our planet can only be a GOOD thing? Why do some people feel that just because scientist etc may be/are wrong that this then leaves humans free to keep on polluting like its 1999? (party song)

Why do I feel that we should stop much of our polluting? Because IT MAKES PEOPLE SICK. Even if the planet can handle anything we can throw at it, HUMANS/ANIMALS/PLANTS cannot. When my neighbors use poison, almost weekly on their green front yard, my son gets sick EVERY TIME. My neighbors are polluting by using mad made chemicals/fertilizer/weed killer/pest poisons and it makes my child sick. THIS is one thing that tells me that we have to stop polluting. My front yard is just as green and healthier than my neighbors, and I DO NOT use any of these chemicals that they use. So, I KNOW we have much healthier options.

palg1, I don't remember EVER saying that if someone does not believe in global warming/climate change they are anti green. I have said MYSELF that I don't know. But taking care of our planet is only a good thing either way. Could be that the PLANET can handle anything we do to it, but that does not mean that humans/animals/plants can. Meaning that those on BOTH sides have a responsibility to this planet and therefore TO OURSELVES.

Why is it, that when someone advocates taking care of the planet, people then assume that person is on the boat with global warming/climate change without trying to understand all sides?

HERE is my personal experience with people I know in my life. Let's take my neighbors for example, they don't believe in global warming/climate change being man made. They also don't believe that anything we do can have an impact one way or the other. So, they live their lives using all kinds of poisons, they do not recycle, they refuse to even think of living in any manner a "green" lifestyle. I've seen them drain oil out of their vehicle and pour it in the street instead of taking it to be disposed of properly. They live with their heads buried in the sand, and toss garbage into their backyard, which leaches over into MY backyard. It is easier for them, to live as they do. Even knowing that my child get's sick when they spray poisons, they refuse to admit the harm it can cause. To become open to the possibility that they are in someway harming others, much less the environment, is just toooooo much for them to think/care about.

Another example, I have a family member, who has almost ALL of her clothes dry cleaned. Which I have no problem with in and of itself, but she refuses to contemplate using a cleaner who uses environmentally friendly products, she then throws out all of the plastic that is put onto her clothing for protection as well as throws out all of the hangers instead of recycling them. It would be a simple thing to recycle the hangers. It would be just a small thing that would not take much longer to put them into a box and take them back to the cleaner when she takes her clothing in, but instead she tosses them into the garbage. When I asked why she just shrugged and said it would be too much of a hassle. She believes in climate change, it's just too much of a hassle for her to care about it, as she would then have to adjust how she does things in her life.

Now, on the other hand I have a neighbor on the block over (I know a lot of my neighbors as we are involved with our home owners association and working at a neighborhood garden), who does not believe in global warming/climate change much less that humanity might be pushing it along. They live a "green" lifestyle anyway, believing in taking care of "their own backyard" and not leaving a mess for future generations to deal with.

So, three examples, one who believes in climate change/global warming but feels it's too much of a hassle to adjust her lifestyle, one who does not believe in global warming/climate change but lives a green lifestyle anyway, and one who does not believe in global warming/climate change and uses resources and pollutes on a daily basis without caring.

Now me? I DON'T KNOW, I am on the fence about global warming/climate change, but I believe ITS POSSIBLE. I also believe in living a green lifestyle EITHER way.

PEACE

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I agree that the source article is bunk. I have yet to see authenticated evidence that all the planets in our solar system are warming up. It should be all of them shouldn't it? Except Neptune I think that orbit goes outside of Pluto's for awhile.

It is obvious TO ME that humans are contributing to climate changes.
I don't worship Gore, Michael Moore or Obama.

I don't think favoring a carbon tax is a prerequisite of scientific understanding of our societies contribution to atmospheric CO2.

I don't favor a carbon tax, I favor changing our energy sources and now.

-
PS: Obama is a natural born citizen of the USA.

You've never seen Dan Quayle's documentary, A Lie of Convenience, where he educates the audience about the climate change on Plutoe !!!

There should be a tax for using your BBQ! And for calcium carbonate! Tall people should pay more carbon tax than short people! In addition, we should tax everyone who uses the Carbon system on Mac OS !

People who still make carbon copies? This is the 21st century, folks, get with the program!!!!

Even carbon copies on email will be taxed! Those extra pulses of electricity could go towards healing Mother Earth, the greatest mother to ever have lived!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The polar bears are still in trouble.
*shrug* Whatever is causing it, I think its global warming, I don't know what's causing that... but the ice is melting and species are in trouble.

For me, with my interests and goals, that's a problem. No matter what.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
We are in a drought and have been for years as well as it's far warmer than it was 20 or even 30 years ago. Our trees are dying because it has been too warm. We are not getting the snow like we should be, almost none at all. Usually we have snow on our mountains all year long. Not so for the past many years.

It is called Climate Change. The climate on Earth is never static, or "balanced" which is a word environmentalists like to through around without knowing one bit about nature, and it's climate.

Meanwhile there are human activities that do affect environments, CO2 is not a problem.

We live in a Carbon based world, everything that is alive, is alive in great part because of Carbon, and CO2.

Without CO2 the world would be a dead planet, with no life whatsoever. At least life as we know it.

It is a fact of nature, and life, that with more CO2 forest grow bigger, and vegetation in general increases. Ask anyone who has a greenhouse.

In Greenhouses people increase the amount of atmospheric CO2 from around 300 -1,500 ppm. The more CO2, the more plants grow and produce yields. Many people have to limit the amount of CO2 they put in their Greenhouses, because if they put too much the yields increase substancially, and it means a lot of work for the owner of the Greenhouse.

Atmospheric CO2 is not a problem, and it does not warm the planet like the Global Warming followers claim it does. There is not one iota of proof to link atmospheric CO2 increase with temperature increases.

The planet has been warming since at least the 1600s, and even sooner in other parts of the world, and atmospheric CO2 did not begin to increase until about the 1860s, or later.

There are other biggest environmental problems we should be dealing with, such as the plastic islands in the ocean. There are dozens of toxic chemicals being released in the oceans which are not being regulated in countries like China, Russian, India, etc. Yet since Gore and his rich friends found a new way to blame people for something they have no control over, yet it makes Gore and his friends richer, he is using this topic just as a business, and to get more political power.

That is the truth. Take it or leave it.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bingmat

Environmental scientists were claiming that last year, and this year ice would completely dissapear from the sea, it never did, and in fact the Canadian arctic got an increase in ice not seen since 1993 at least.

Ice between Canada and SW Greenland: highest level in 15 years.

As yet another indicator of the impact January 2008 has had on the Northern Hemisphere, we find this story from Greenland’s Sermitsiaq News:

Minus 30 degrees Celsius. That’s how cold it’s been in large parts of western Greenland where the population has been bundling up in hats and scarves. At the same time, Denmark’s Meteorological Institute states that the ice between Canada and southwest Greenland right now has reached its greatest extent in 15 years.

‘Satellite pictures show that the ice expansion has extended farther south this year. In fact, it’s a bit past the Nuuk area. We have to go back 15 years to find ice expansion so far south. On the eastern coast it hasn’t been colder than normal, but there has been a good amount of snow.’

And on the front page, a story about that other “indicator of climate”, the polar bear:

More polar bears seen at Sisimiut

Apparently, they don’t have the same affinity for them as some others do.

Finally we have this latest Arctic sea ice graph from Cryosphere Today:

wattsupwiththat.com...

We have had several environmentalists trying to bring attention to Global Warming getting stucked in the ocean because the ice grew too much, and they had to be rescued. This has happened quite a few times in recent years.

We know for a fact, that in the past there has been less ice in the poles, than there is now. It is part of the cycle that the planet, and the whole Solar System goes through.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
BTW, is any of you awared that according to NASA satellites the forests, and even the oceans in the northern hemisphere have been getting bigger and greener, even bigger, and greener than during the 1800s?

The problem in developing nations is illegal deforestation, which in great part is happening because certain governments want to develop, and it is also happening because there are greedy people who use illegal deforestation to get rich.

In fact the United States, in 2008 passed the US Lacey Act, which is the first country to ban illegal woods imports.

www.eia-global.org...

However the United States does not impose this act in other countries, it does so just in the U.S.

Here is what Europe, alongside China are doing.

Wood Products Prices in The UK & Holland

1-15th February 2009

Report from Europe, the UK and Russia

EC establishes bilateral mechanism on FLEG
On Friday 30 January 2009 the Chinese government and
European Commission established an EU-China bilateral
coordination mechanism on Forest Law Enforcement and
Governance (FLEG). The agreement was signed by Mr.
Zhu Lieke, Vice-Minister of the Chinese State Forest
Administration and Commissioner Dimas of the EC in the
presence of EC President Manuel Barroso and Chinese
Prime Minister Wen Jiabao.

The mechanism will provide a framework for policy
dialogue and joint activities on issues such as timber
legality verification, supply chain transparency and public
and private procurement policies for timber and timber
products. It also foresees the possibility of trilateral
cooperation with third countries. It is expected that the
mechanism will encourage the development of shared
approaches to timber legality verification, in which it is
likely that the systems established by countries negotiating
FLEGT Voluntary Partnership Agreements with the EU
will feature prominently.

www.globalwood.org...

all they are doing is opening up dialogs, and joined activities, but neither one is passing a law as far, as I know, such as the U.S. Lacey Act.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

There is a system of pollution credits. Unfortunately, pollution credits can be traded, which doesn't do much to help pollution. A company can simply pollute above the limit, and then purchase credits with the excess profits. Having the most credits would probably be more important than meeting some milestone.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Let me propose a theory for you. Have you ever considered the possibility that the "Warming" you have experienced, is actually a RESULT of the Drought, and not the cause for it? Moisture (specifically Condensation/Rainfall/Snowfall) is the Earth's major Regulatory system in regards to Temperatures and Climate.

Water vapor transfers heat from the atmosphere to whatever it touches.

Drought causes forest fires, but I'm not sure whether it causes global warming. If anything, humidity traps heat that would otherwise escape away from the atmosphere. BTW temperature readings negate the effects of humidity.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

All governments will react in the way that everybody with at least one brain cell in their head would expect - they'll suggest the findings are faulty, academia (particularly those that have developed faculties with huge research grants such as the University of East Anglia in the UK) will try to shoot the evidence down, and they'll plough ahead on the basis that we still need to reduce carbon dioxide. Which will mean that they'll still be able to use this scam to create treasury revenues through taxation and create a global carbon market.

And we'll be powerless to do anything about it!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike
reply to post by amazed

I have always thought GW was a crock, but there is NO doubt we are screwing up are planet daily. I remember reading about how during the hot part of the Iraq war, they shut down Baghdad for an afternoon for some religious thing, and everyone commented on how clean the air was. If you could stop traffic in a city for a day and have noticably cleaner air, think about if cars ran on thomething that didn't polute. Hydrogen.

Hydrogen is (in)flammable

I'm sure you heard of Hindenberg

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

How is processed hemp any different from processed petroleum?

Hemp is not really barred from discussion, I would assume. However, piggybacking marijuana onto it definitely is.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

What is AWG ? The Association for Women Geoscientists?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join