It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break it up! Move along now! Nothing to see here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The DOW rallied almost 500 point with the announcement of the toxic asset bailout plan and has been moving upward for near 2 weeks now. So things now look like they are on the rebound and many economists are changing their previous negative stance on the Obama administrations economic plans saying that this could very well work.

We can forget the prosecution of all those people who are corrupt and caused this mess in the first place because when everyone is placated they will slowly but surely forget about them.

So to all the doomsayers:

Martial law will not be declared because of major civil unrest at the collapse of our monetary system.

FEMA camps will not be needed to roundup all the unruly citizens that the economic collapse was to create.

The dollar will not collapse giving rise to another NWO planned currency.

Aliens will not need to intervene in the global chaos that the economic collapse was going to create.

So break it up, nothing more to see here. Just sit back take a deep breathe and let all that built up anger and anguish out and get back to talking about UFO, Bigfoot, ghosts or something constructive.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by nonnez]

[edit on 23-3-2009 by nonnez]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Can you please post sources from today for the Economists saying the bailout will work?

Thank you.

Edit to add; you seem to be mocking most here with your ending comments and tone.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The "PLAN" proposed by Timmy will take 4 to 5 months to be implemented. Who knows what will happen in that time. In addition, we don't even have an idea of the value of those toxic assets. Please report back in 4 to 5 months.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Its a long way from being over, and us negative people can do what we want and say what we want. Just because obama does one thing does not fix the situation, period.

The dow, has nothing to do with anything real, it is heavily controled by the government.

[edit on 3/23/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I agree and I don't. Dead cats still bounce when they free-fall. This week should interesting, as will be the G20 Summit next week.

And, for you...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Till proven otherwise, I prefer to remain skeptical. Bear Market rallies like this can be pretty violent and go longer than you think they could. One of the reasons Bear Markets are rough on those with Bullish or Bearish sentiment. Still anyone foolish enough to have remained fully invested or brave enough to have bought around S&P 700 should take the chance to either recoup some losses or bank some gains.

I heard Bill Gross of PIMCO (one of the worlds largest bond funds) on NPR on the drive home today. He seems to like the new plan so I know it's bad for me based off that alone. Looks like Giethner was Turbo Timmy today and not SouthPark Timmy like last time he spoke about a bank plan.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't buy this rally that happend today. Sure, one day, two days, you might have gains, but in the long run, it isn't going to be pretty.

You gotta remember, Giethner, was the head of the New York Fed...his interests are in helping Wall Street, not Main Street. If you asked economists about this problem, they'd tell you it won't work. It's not a temporary liquidity problem, the system is broke and throwing more cash into it won't fix it.

I was reading at work this morning from this link: [finance.yahoo.com...'s-Plan-%22Extremely-Dangerous%22-Economist-Galbraith-Says?tickers=%5Egspc,%5Edji ,c,bac,jpm,WFC] and it's another reason I don't believe the current market gains will last.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
One thing your not taking into consideration - the inflation around the corner. Yes, it will come - the Fed has increased the nation's money supply significantly and the result will be and has to be inflation.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So the market rallies on Geitner saying they'll pay some of the toxic asset cost to lure private investers? Why would anyone buy anything that has toxic in it somewhere? This sounds to me like a bunch of hungry mice that have been destroying a house in search of more food. The owner of the house puts out traps with cheese. The mice think their hunger problems are over now and go to get the cheese and the SNAP!. Maye I don't understand enough about the plan and if I'm off base then I apologize ahead of time.

I'm just not buying into the whole "The worst is over now". In the wake of Obama's mistakes recently he needed some good news to take the heat of him and the stock market having a 500 point gain is an easy way to make people think that it's all getting better. How soon is it going to be befoe another "stimulus" package is needed to avert disaster? Obama and his team have to be careful with the disaster talk. I wonder if he's ever heard the story about the boy who cried wolf.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Kords21]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I would surely love to agree with you. but I can not.

it looks like every step taken by Obama's administration should end with hyper inflation.

and yes, the stock should go up. it can be the last chance to spend your dollars and buy something valuable. in near future dollar will be worthless.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It matches the title to the thread..

Couldn't resist!

This reminds me of what is happening right now.

Leslie Neilson....he was warning us!

[edit on 23-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
it's another case of buy on the rumor...

when the motivated investors get time to actually 'digest' the
'Private & Public Investment Corporation' actually means...

and(after some thought) many decide that even the 95% government money will not make their own 5% venture capital a guaranteed winner...

then the scheme will fall-flat-on-its-face...

there's a pretty good explaination of the bogus CDOs & CDSs
being packages with other 'assets' which are other CDOs in an
article by Rollingstone magazine'
ALERT: some of the words are explicit & downright uncalled for,
but the article is all over the Web. called 'The_big_takeover/'

give the $1-1.5Trillion new Geithner entity, called the PIC about 10 days,
at least till after the G-20 summit... until the market retraces the lows.

because the nuances of the 'bonuses @ AIG' still have not been really
disected yet... here's a clue:

...At least 73 employees of AIG's Financial Products unit -- the London-based division of the insurance giant that sold the high-risk derivatives blamed for the company's near-collapse -- got bonuses of at least $1million out of the $165 million pot of bonuses that was recently revealed, New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo said moments ago.

Cuomo subpoenaed AIG yesterday for details of the bonuses. AIG has received $173 billion in government bailout money to stay in business.

According to Cuomo, 11 of the AIG employees who received bonuses are no longer with the company, obviating the concept of the "retention bonus."

Also, $42 million of the $165 million in bonuses was given to 10 AIG employees, Cuomo said.

"Again, these payments were all made to individuals in the subsidiary whose performance led to crushing losses and the near failure of AIG," Cuomo writes. "Thus, last week, AIG made more than 73 millionaires in the unit which lost so much money that it brought the firm to its knees, forcing a taxpayer bailout. Something is deeply wrong with this outcome."

courtesy of www.The International Forecaster. com/
(the current article is top-of-page index until this Wed., so no further address is needed)

dig out those nuggets, that will make it clear to everyone... that today's
'Irrational Exhuberance' leading to a 500 point rally, is the high point

see youse at DOW 6,000 around May-Day

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21
[more

Folks will buy the stuff because the government via the tax payers is going to insure the losses at a leverage point of 6-1. The upside for the bankers is huge and the downside is marginalized, big-time.

The banks that are up to their keister in these toxic assets love this. I agree with you and don't see where the private buyers come from.

This plan gives these dudes a bit of time to make a ton of money and get out.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

excellent reply.
made my day.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What to make of headlines like this then? Oh...maybe the U.S. is not an advanced economy...or maybe Wall Street forgot to inform the IMF that all is well now after the bailouts???

3-23-2009: Advanced Economies to Contract Sharply in 09, Upturn Next Year--IMF

World economy to contract for first time in 60 years
More sustained, concerted policy actions needed to revive growth
G-20 summit scheduled for April 2 in London

www.imf.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

3-23-2009 IMF chief warns of social unrest due to crisis...

Governments must brace for a prolonged period of “social unrest” due to the current financial crisis that has rendered millions of people unemployed, International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn told representatives of the International Labour Organization (ILO) on Monday.

www.business-standard.com...

[edit on 23-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Its just been at 6400 ffs.
This is what always happens when it plunges to new lows.
All those sellers need to take a profit somewhere.
This is not over by any means.
This is short term hype, not long term reality.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just a little correction...no big deal...

The DJIA always has little corrections like this over six month periods.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8412e1f2f0df.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So in one day we are saved and the economy has recovered. I am so happy. I guess we can forget about all that other stuff (like the nearly 9% unemployment rate, 30% decline in housing value, stagnant international trade, Eastern Europe implosion, auto industry collapse, AIG's additional billions they will need, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae's additional billions, nearly bankrupt states, massive foreclosures, Mexican unrest, the fact that FDIC is nearly broke (hey, aren't they supposed to help with the toxic assets? But how...if their broke?), and, oh yeah, the fact that people are still not spending at the levels needed to sustain the false economy Obama is trying to rebuild).

You are correct, sir, nothing to see here. Just move on. Nothing to see...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Alright, in all fairness, I do believe that we are still in the midst of a possible major economic and definite continuation of the destruction of constitutional liberties. I have noticed though that one sometimes has to solicit the opinions of certain trusted individuals by using sensationalized or emotion invoking headlines. Now as far as some of the other possible scenarios...IE.. FEMA camps, martial law and the like I am on the fence.

Thanks for the replies.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Good video and point taken...hehe

A possible accurate representation for sure.

End of line.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join