It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video game with 2012 story line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is a game that was just released, Since I'm into video games I looked into it. Reading the back story I was intrigued to see its based on how things (mainly war) are in 2012

Here is part of the back story of the game "Tom Clancy's HAWX"

A DARK FUTURE

During the 2012-2018 timeline, the global military power will gradually shift toward the PMCs (Private Military Companies) as they grow more and more independent from their high power self-governed companies. From all the theatres of operations worldwide. The South American episode was the main leverage of the PMC uprising. Near the end of 2016, before the arms threat would become obvious, the mere presence of these private companies already had a negative impact on the economy of all the sovereign states, sapping their initiative and response capabilities.

Read the full the story here : hawxgame.us.ubi.com...

As you all might know Tom Clancy has a lot of knowledge about the military.

Just thought I would share it with you all, And would like to hear your opinions and thoughts about this matter. It just seems strange that things ARE going in that direction.

Thank You

Sorry if this was already posted, I did a search and found nothing.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by J_DiRT]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes, I would say he knows the agenda and promotes it very well.

en.wikipedia.org...

Political views
Clancy has generally been regarded as a political conservative, and has donated over US$256,000 to Republican Party political candidates.[5]
A week after the 9/11 attack, on The O'Reilly Factor, Clancy stated that left-wing politicians in the United States were partly responsible for September 11 due to their "gutting" of the CIA.[3] Clancy has also associated himself with General Anthony Zinni, a critic of the George W. Bush administration, and has been critical of former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.[6] He was categorized as a northern paleoconservative.[7]
Some of his books bear dedications to Republican political figures, most notably Ronald Reagan. In his novels countries portrayed as hostile to the U.S. include the former Soviet Union, China, India, Iran, and Japan while Russia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the United Kingdom are shown as close allies of the USA.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
sounds a lot like the new metal gear solid game

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
completely off topic.....

This game is well quality !!!!

but as so far as the plot goes, this has been a theme in gaming for years now....

top topics

join