It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen dies after police use Taser to break up fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Teen dies after police use Taser to break up fight

www.mlive.com

Sunday March 22, 2009, 6:11 PM
BAY CITY -- State police have launched an investigation into the death of a teen whom police Tased.

The 15-year-old died about 3:40 a.m. Sunday after Bay City police used a stun gun to subdue him at an apartment on South Catherine near East John.

Neighbors summoned authorities to quell a large fight, police said.

When officers arrived, neighbors directed them to an apartment where they found two people arguing.

Officers' attempts to diffuse the situation failed, police said.

Police say they used the stun gun after the teen tried to fight with them and others in the apartment.

Authorities have not released the name of the teen or the officer who deployed the stun gun.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
More and more of these stories keep popping up. Police seem to be almost mandated to use excessive force to break up any conflict these days. As if some agency above them has told them to use violence to set an example that dissidents will not be tolerated.

Are we as a people tired of this abuse yet?

Let's use some common sense here. It's a 15 year old kid. You had to use a taser? Really?

If you as a police officer can't subdue an unarmed 15 year old kid without the use of deadly force, then you don't deserve the badge and gun you wear.

www.mlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-3-2009 by djzombie]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

I'd agree with the 'can't subdue an unarmed 15 year old' comment, but I doubt they're being told to use excessive force. I honestly think that nonlethal, or 'less lethal' weapons are the true problem here. A cop is going to be a lot quicker on the draw with a taser and mace before he would be a handgun, becuase the perception is " I can't kill anyone with this." Unfortunately, that's not entirely true.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join