It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth explosion rocks Mount Redoubt volcano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

By GEORGE BRYSON
[email protected]

Published: March 22nd, 2009 11:33 PM
Last Modified: March 23rd, 2009 07:57 AM

An erupting Mount Redoubt exploded again this morning at 4:31 a.m. -- its fifth and strongest discharge yet -- sending an ash cloud to new heights, the Alaska Volcano Observatory reported.

Ash has now been detected at an elevation of 60,000 feet above sea level, the National Weather Service reported.

Winds are still carrying the ash plume north over the Susitna Valley, and minor ash fall has been reported in Skwentna, Trapper Creek and Talkeetna.

Ash is not expected in Anchorage or Wasilla at this time, the Weather Service said.

Northwest of the city, the ashfall is being described as fine gray dust.

"It's coming down," Rita Jackson, 56, said early Monday morning at a 24-hour grocery store in Willow. She slid her fingers across the hood of her car, through a dusting of ash. She said she was taking a sip of coffee when she tasted something funny on her lips — ash. She said she hurried home to get a motorcycle, snowmachine and vehicles under protective blue tarps.

www.adn.com...

the volcano is still exploding, I didn't even know there was a first explosion until I saw this article.

I hope everyone close is prepared to leave if this things explodes violently.

Good luck to those living close to this volcano.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Mount Redoubt is at it again...After being quiet for over a week it has started up again, Plumes of volcanic rock where thought to have reached up to about 50,000 feet making this the highest since it became active again,

Kenai Peninsula reported that ash had been falling over there towns,

One to watch thats for sure,

Link

join