It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A return of Star Trek to TV?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The theme song of Enterprise was very annoying. I also did not like the time travel and conspiracy part of the series. It seemed to really go down hill from there. Conspiracy theories never translate well on TV, and get more convoluted as the plot thickens.

I also had quit watching the X-Files because the conspiracy part of the show swallowed up the individual episodes.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
But I loved the theme song from enterprise. it was awesome. X-files killed it for me though. I had to switch to Outer Limits. -shudders- it had warped my 7 year old mind at the time.

[edit-grammer]

[edit on 13/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

The problem I had with the theme is it should always be instrumental, not some lame rock ballad. The theme song of Enterprise dates it badly, while the instrumentals of the others are dateless, if you get what I am saying.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
yeah I understand what you're saying. Though come on, for it being their first voyage everything all happy and bubbly exploring and being free to roam space, it did kinda work. Though if they had played the Ballad of Serenity. It would have been perfect.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think Enterprise was prematurely taken off the air. It wasn't great, but worse shows have had more longevity. I think Enterprise is better than Voyager.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
IMHOITW, I would have to say that even though it was seriously the most cancelled show in the history of Fox Television. I would Say Firefly was better than all of the Star Treks, but I'm still a trekkie at heart.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Amelie

Teh more I watch it the more I like it. In fact I am quite looking forward to i tnow. Especially Ta Pal. The almost human vulcan. I like the sit. with her and TRipp.

And Bakula didn't turn out to be a terrible captain.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Amelie

"Enterprise" was given a four year run, which is the average length of a successful series. Not too long and enough episodes to strip for syndication. I liked the characters in "Enterprise", but the writing and plots were not the best. It was limited on what it could do because of the timeline it was set to. They managed to mess up continuity to try and infuse the series with energy.

The first half of the first season was actually quite good. The rest of the series was varied in quality. The franchise was running out of gas, and needed new blood at the reins.

With a second "Star Trek" movie given a green light, it does look like the franchise will live on in some form of a TV series. Paramount was wise to wait a while and give it a rest. Waiting too long would of made the series not seem relevant.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I didn't like Enterprise because it reminded to much of what was happening into EUA that time. So much "terrorism paranoia" to my personal taste.

And the intro music, complete destroyed my ST feeling to me.

And bakula... omg what forgettable character and actor he was/is
everytime I saw it I thought G.W.Bush in the space :shk:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There is now a sequel in the works:

www.imdb.com...

I wonder what that means about the possible TV series? Maybe Paramount will have both TV and theatrical releases.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The problem I had with the theme is it should always be instrumental, not some lame rock ballad. The theme song of Enterprise dates it badly, while the instrumentals of the others are dateless, if you get what I am saying.

Completely agree...(and I can't stand Scott Bakula...)

POSSIBLE FILM SPOILERS - Don't say I didn't warn you.....

The new movie was great....plot holes galore, but was a great film, and really reaches out to new fans while appealing to old fans as well...

A series with the same setting would be nice, but would be expensive to line up the same cast (and effects) for a weekly show.

Can't wait to see more Trek films with this new revamp though...should be fun, and more Scotty please! (and lose the Jar-Jar-like thing that came with him...wtf is that thing anyhow?...while you're at it, nix the Spock/Uhura romance thing...that's just weird...)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Do we know the character roster yet?

Brand new actors? Veterans?

All I really want is the original theme, not some mixed up theme tailored to the rock musician...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As a casual Trek fan, I hope that something does indeed come of this. Heres to hoping.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront
Do we know the character roster yet?

Brand new actors? Veterans?

All I really want is the original theme, not some mixed up theme tailored to the rock musician...

So far, we do not know who will be in any TV revival. Bryan Fuller has stated he would be interested in doing a TV reboot, and he is a well known TV writer. Paramount may wait and see the total global box office before undertaking a series. It would most likely be syndicated to make more money and get a chance to survive.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join