It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the aliens that visit Earth just got lucky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What if the aliens that commonly visit our planet are just a single species? Maybe they're not all that smart, in fact maybe they're even kind of dumb, they're just really lucky. What if some other species of aliens had crash landed on their planet(The aliens that visit us now) and simply this race of aliens(The ones that visit us now) were more open minded about the chance of aliens existing, unlike human beings, so they just simply reverse-engineered their technology and mass produced and made it available to the public, allowing them to travel faster than light speed and go from planet to planet themselves.

I mean I know human beings would never do such a thing, but what if that's what happened? Maybe that's why we wonder why they just don't always hide themselves, maybe they don't know any better? maybe some are amateurs, maybe not all are professional astronauts on some mission to observe/interact with civilizations across the universe?

Maybe they're not millions or even thousands of years ahead of us, just they got a huge leap in technology due to some other intelligent beings crashing on their planet, much like what happeend with ours and Area 51?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
the first distinction that has to be made when considering advanced alien life is one of the following.

1. advanced alien life is abundant in the galaxy/universe and for some unknown reason aliens are not visible to us on a daily basis.

2. advanced alien life is fairly common. however, they cannot maintain interstellar travel or have no wish to make their presence known.

3. advanced alien life is very uncommon.

---

your statement fits into category one. there is no way in the universe for 3 alien species to be in such close proximity of each other given the size of the known universe and the billions of years of existence that it's been here. if, however, there were 3 races in close proximity the chances are that the races are many many rungs apart from one another on the evolutionary ladder. there would be no way to share technology on purpose or by accident. meaning you can't teach a bug how to wield a lightsaber.

if aliens are in our proximity range and are capable of interstellar travel there would be a 99.9999% chance that they are hyper advanced and regard life with sanctity. any civilization based on corruption and greed would collapse within a matter of millenia and probably would not achieve sustainable intersteller travel. such civilizations may have existed but would've come and gone in the billions of years this place has been around.

i don't believe it's possible for a race to stumble across or otherwise steal technology that would give them such a jump to their technological capabilities. surely whichever race lost that technology would recover it immediately at any cost.

if by some 1/1000000000000000000000 chance this scenario were true i'm sure it would be blatantly obvious. the aliens that lucked up and got the new technology would be constantly making crazy errors and whizzing around the skies for no apparent reason etc.

point being. there are no advanced alien races on earth.
and even if there are, you can't tell that they're here so it doesn't even matter.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I agree with Mozzy.

If they happened to obtain that technology by accident,
Roswell incidents would most likely be more frequent.
I also agree extra-terrestrials are not visiting this planet,
but do exist in the universe somewhere.
But then again, who knows?

I think the UFO phenomenon is either

A) Secret military activity.

or

B) (this one is pretty out there but, seems more plausible than aliens)
Future humans visiting the past, maybe to save the future, or something of that kind.

But again...

Who knows?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
time travel adds another dimension to this topic but it's not out of reach for comprehension.

what has to be focused on is how many civilizations can have time travel technology and how big of a power source is required.

if time travel requires a small amount of energy to use and sustain then it's likely that it doesn't have any lasting consequences. if it's easy to use and it's present on earth then there are probably dozens, if not hundreds, of time travellers out there. that would mean that either

a. time travel doesn't allow you to change anything or that changes only last until you leave.

b. crazy timetravelling nonsense is happening all the time and it's just a part of life.

i think it's more likely that time travel would require vast amounts of energy. in this case any other civilization that also has that capability could very likely dectect the use of such enormous amounts of energy and a war would ensue. the 2 races would leapfrog through time to get the upperhand and eventually one would be left as the winner.

i can't imagine more than 2 time machines being active in any galaxy at one time. and those 2 races would be at constant war with each other until it was reduced to one time machine. if that's the case then ti's possible that humanity is involved with time travel (scenario a) but much mroe likelly that it doesn't exist at all. and even if it did exist it's very likely that it's out of our proximity.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's very possibly that they might be highly intelligent with all things travel. But their human social skills could be lacking a lot haha, especially when you remember they are ALIEN, not human.

I find it funny when people ask questions, as if Aliens think like humans. We need to remember that they are not human, and we really do have no idea HOW they think.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
No although, i think there may be thick aliens species, i am sure there are more that are more intelligent than us stupid freaks that live here.

You trying to tell me that you think some alien species is dumb, just look at our species. Our dunces we occupy earth with, must be ridiculed, by other groups, as 99.99999% of us are just pure pathetic stupid morons.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ever wondered if maybe we are a vacation spot? This planet is pretty no?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakezoola
or
B) (this one is pretty out there but, seems more plausible than aliens)
Future humans visiting the past, maybe to save the future, or something of that kind.

I obviously wouldn't discard time traveling as a possible explanation, or at least part of the explanation, of the UFO phenomena but I have to ask: why do you think that time traveling seems more plausible than aliens?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

I'm sure there are planets far more beautiful, besides beauty is relative as are all perceptions.

First off, we have to get away from the notion that we are the central focal point for the entire Universe. We are but a mere atom in an ocean of creation.

With that being said, if you want to get a good idea of how often we are being visited, you just have to imagine this planet as a fish or other organism in the ocean. Some fish flock together, others only meet for a brief moment, some consume one another, others mate. The interactions grow as does the organism
Generally though, the rate of occurrence for these interactions depends entirely on the age of the ocean and the surrounding organism species.

Secondly, what the OP stated about a lesser evolved race 'getting lucky' is indeed very appropriate in many ways
...and you also have to take into consideration that life can originate in many different ways, ours isn't the only way as it is shown now with microorganisms surviving in extreme environments and prospering. With that being said, other organisms may have a much more dynamic biochemistry that allows them to travel into space with ease and process information at a rate much faster than our own. What if even the information they process is of an entirely different nature and goes beyond human perception?

I could go on and on with the possibilities, but one thing I do want to make clear is that ET interaction is apart of the ET's learning process. As is with humans interacting with one another and all of life in general. Some ET life may eradicate us, others may want to share technology, and others may want to enslave us for energy, some may just want to study our chemistry, and the rest are just passing by.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
as 99.99999% of us are just pure pathetic stupid morons.

That kind of thinking may be part of the problem, no offence man, but think about it.

Try to be more positive, alright?

[edit on 23-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

What one day was large, another day will be small.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271

First off, we have to get away from the notion that we are the central focal point for the entire Universe. We are but a mere atom in an ocean of creation.

I agree. But size does not make any difference at all to me. e.g a man could be either be 1 millimeter tall or 1 million miles tall, but he still would be the same person, right?

Compared to the universe we are not even a dot on the map, but that doesnt make us any less special, or any more special, right?

I sure hope we learn a lot more about this universe in our lifetime, because we all have a lot of questions that need answering on this journey of ours.

Peace

[edit on 23-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

ISome ET life may eradicate us, others may want to share technology, and others may want to enslave us for energy, some may just want to study our chemistry, and the rest are just passing by.

aliens would not come here to eradicate us. it's not possible. no society that accepted eradication would survive long enough to achieve interstellar travel much less long enough to wait for other species to evolve enough to eradicate them. they would eradicate themselves or learn better.

no aliens will ever enslave us for energy. this simply will not happen. even if by some chance it did happen, it wouldn't happen for very long because they'd get what they need and move on or find better technologies to replace the human spaceship battery. furthermore, aside from powering spaceships with humans it's much more realistic to assume they would use minerals to power their ships. why wouldn't they mine asteroids instead of even coming to earth? the time it would take to harvest humans would be grossly ineffecient for any situation that did not begin from earth. as with the matrix movie, the machines saw human harvesting as a good idea because humans were nearby and plentiful. any interstellar travelling alien race would already have a massive and sustainable source of energy.

there are no evil aliens travelling space. even if there are they will be outnumbered by the aliens that have sustained their existence through compassion and respect for all life and wouldn't dare risk their civilization on a war.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Mozzy]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

What makes you so certain that there is no evil aliens?

What if a race of ETs made contact with another common race in order to establish open relations, but when they visiting race came back in greater numbers to explore the planet's culture they were surrounded and taken prisoner so the home race could steal their technology, weapons, vehicles, and torture for knowledge about the visiting race all because the two ET groups had vastly opposing perspectives about the Universe. Remember that here on Earth we face the same issues you find out in space. Not everyone is going to agree, some will become more easily enraged. Others will be more passive and let other races trample over them.

Spirituality is no different than science. The observation of the Universe, of oneself. Through observation one can develop their culture to vast numbers, but throughout the growth, the path is not always static, there comes again the issue of perspective. We face it greatly on our own planet. Perspective is cultured by knowledge, of past experiences, and since no one person perceives in exactly the same way due to evolutionary differences, DNA, there is difference in belief.

Ta-da.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
well i didn't say it wasn't possible. but you have to realize how big and old the universe is. any race that had that lifestyle would've come and gone long ago.

besides, there is a huge difference imo between an advanced civilization and a civilization capable of sustainable interstellar travel. think about the probability of a scenario such as yours where evil aliens steal technology from the naive "good guys".

first of all you are looking at 2 advanced cultures within proximity range of each other. this is extremely unlikely. it would be much more logical to assume that the two races are many rungs apart on the evolutionary ladder.

secondly, if the evil aliens are not in the good guys proximity that means that they have mastered interstellar flight already. why would they need to come take someone else's stuff? at worst they would force the good guys into submission until they built them new ships (for whatever reason) and then they'd probably leave and continue on with their alien death squad lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well surely if they came down from the sky right now, USA alone would start attacking, self-defense still exists I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271

Originally posted by DaMod

I'm sure there are planets far more beautiful, besides beauty is relative as are all perceptions.

With that being said, if you want to get a good idea of how often we are being visited, you just have to imagine this planet as a fish or other organism in the ocean. Some fish flock together, others only meet for a brief moment, some consume one another, others mate. The interactions grow as does the organism
Generally though, the rate of occurrence for these interactions depends entirely on the age of the ocean and the surrounding organism species.

Secondly, what the OP stated about a lesser evolved race 'getting lucky' is indeed very appropriate in many ways
...and you also have to take into consideration that life can originate in many different ways, ours isn't the only way as it is shown now with microorganisms surviving in extreme environments and prospering. With that being said, other organisms may have a much more dynamic biochemistry that allows them to travel into space with ease and process information at a rate much faster than our own. What if even the information they process is of an entirely different nature and goes beyond human perception?

I could go on and on with the possibilities, but one thing I do want to make clear is that ET interaction is apart of the ET's learning process. As is with humans interacting with one another and all of life in general. Some ET life may eradicate us, others may want to share technology, and others may want to enslave us for energy, some may just want to study our chemistry, and the rest are just passing by.

Never said we where a central focal point. All i said was the earth is pretty.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
dues i don't know quite how to respond to that. let's hope you're not right. something in the back of my mind is telling me that you are right though. we really are that stupid.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Well yeah, the reply wasn't entirely meant for what you said, only the beginning.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
well i didn't say it wasn't possible. but you have to realize how big and old the universe is. any race that had that lifestyle would've come and gone long ago.

That's assuming that all life follows the same path of evolution.

And don't forget about other Universes

Originally posted by Mozzy
besides, there is a huge difference imo between an advanced civilization and a civilization capable of sustainable interstellar travel. think about the probability of a scenario such as yours where evil aliens steal technology from the naive "good guys".

first of all you are looking at 2 advanced cultures within proximity range of each other. this is extremely unlikely. it would be much more logical to assume that the two races are many rungs apart on the evolutionary ladder.

secondly, if the evil aliens are not in the good guys proximity that means that they have mastered interstellar flight already. why would they need to come take someone else's stuff? at worst they would force the good guys into submission until they built them new ships (for whatever reason) and then they'd probably leave and continue on with their alien death squad lifestyle.

Well, from the viewpoint of Earth people an advanced civilization is one which is capable of sustainable interstellar travel. Why is it unlikely that two advance cultures (in their own way) are within proximity range of each other? Especially when space travel becomes a very fast and reliable mode of transportation? Remember that life is everywhere and everything.

For your second argument, the reason is that there isn't just one way, but many different ways that technology can develop. Interstellar travel isn't the end mark for all technological advancements. They may have some information that could help improve life or change drastically their sciences. They may want resources which can be found on the planets that the other race inhabits or to consume the race themselves used for a delicacy.

join