It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black triangle in Australia? (Google Earth)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Been looking around on Google Earth last night, and I actually came across something that struck me kind of odd. Now I am not sure if this has been shown before, but as you can see there is an odd black triangle on the western coast of Australia when viewed with Google Earth.

Here are the coordinates: 30°30'41"S, 115°22'56"E

I am sure skeptics will say that it's a telecommunications site or something of that nature, but I am just unsure of what it is. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry the image is so small, but if you have Google Earth, you can check for yourself.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Black Ops

Its very interesting, I wonder if someone can clean the picture up a bit.

Also, being from west australia, I know that this is located quite (almost spot on) close to the woodada gas field. Maybe that could be accounting for the unusual image?

www.exploroz.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If I am looking at this in the right place it is the Marble Bar seismic station......
this area has been on the news of late...check this website out:
www.iris.edu...

You can zoom in....

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by notsomadhatter

I think you are looking at the completely wrong place according to the coordinates. Marble Bar is a lot further north than where the Op is claiming the object is

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
okay thanks....did not zoom in enough and did indeed have the coordinates wrong!!
ooppps.......
Well.....the investigation proceeds!!
Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just download Google Earth and copy/paste 30°30'41"S, 115°22'56"E

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It doesn't seem like anything significant because everything in the primary database is checked off and that basically shows all cities, landmasses, trails, earthquake locations, etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ah,
Very interesting.
Whats most intruiging is the lights on it, and where they are positioned,
I've looked around and can't see any large settlements.
I check google street view too and can see a few wind turbines near it aswell.
I heard a lot of UFO sightings have a connection with wind turbines.
Good spot,
Star and Flag
Jacob

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's been discussed repeatedly on ATS. Here's one thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dec. 18, 2007 email from Australian resident:

“(Triangle is) in an area I was fairly familiar with. The astronomy group I am in goes near there for star gazing as there is no light pollution. I made a trip up to investigate the Google earth mystery on Saturday, December 15, 2007. I 'interpolated' its position onto a map and we drove up. It is a large antenna and appears to be a component of the huge wind farm immediately adjacent to it. The wind farm supplies 80 megawatts of power for Perth and is remote-controlled from Perth power company that operates the wind farm. I think the very high antenna transmits sensor and instrumentation data as well as receiving the control signals from the Perth control centre. It is a very tall antenna with 3 sets of guy wires in a triangle formation. The growth and bushes are most likely cleared out of the antenna area. (We couldn't get close enough to see the base because the roads were blocked with gates and it is rolling hills). The place is fenced and the gates are locked. There are no warning signs, no 'use of deadly force' signs, nor is there any 'keep out' signs. The locked gates are there to keep the vandals and curiosity seekers out.

digg.com...

[edit on 3/23/2009 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

join