It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to Continue Buying U.S. Debt, Official Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
China will continue buying U.S. government debt while paying close attention to possible fluctuations in the value of those assets, a vice governor of Beijing's central bank said Monday.

Investing in U.S. Treasury bills is "an important component part of China's foreign currency reserve investments," People's Bank of China Vice Governor Hu Xiaolian said at a news conference on Monday.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Dark Jester]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Looks like we're now owned by china. Get ready to start seeing a new flag.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, to me this is just "DUH!!!!" Of course China is going to continue investing in US Bonds. They own way too many to even think about allowing the US economy to tank further. No, China NEEDS - desperatly needs the US economy to recover for a few reasons: a.) If the US consumer begins shopping again, China's GDP grows, b.) China has far too many eggs in the US financials basket that it stands to lose catastrophically is the US economy falls much more, c.) continued decline in foreign markets will likely lead to instability endangering China either from within or through war with other countries.

Sure, China has been posturing alot lately on the issue - but the reality is that they are in for a penny, in a for a pound!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I too would say this is not really a big deal, but I could be wrong. My thinking is they China, would want America to recover because everything we use and buy and consume comes from China!

China and the US are wedded financially, I think both countries need each other financially.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Doesnt the USA owe billion and billions of dollars to China?

I may be incorrect but, does this article have something to do with China getting the money its owed back?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

No, no way do we owe them Billions of dollars.

Trillions - yes

What are they going to do, lock up Smokey the Bear?

Just tell them for 5 trillion, we will not give 100 Nukes to Tibet.

OP - S & F

[edit on 23-3-2009 by j2000]

top topics

join