It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Economic Crisis Dire, Risk of Unrest and War Warns International Monetary Fund!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Lets not be fooled by a short Wall Street rally...and all the bailout hype. It is distracting disinformation. The real news story is the world economy has contracted!! Now we are hearing the siren wail in all the nations!

* Economic crisis dire, risk of unrest and war - IMF!

* Recovery depends on cleaning up bank balance sheets!

The IMF will shortly update its economic forecasts to show the world economy contracting by between 0.5 and 1.0 percent this year -- the first reversal in more than 50 years of sustained growth!!

GENEVA, March 23 (Reuters) - The world is in a dire economic crisis, but no recovery is possible until the financial sector is cleaned up, the head of the International Monetary Fund said on Monday.

The crisis will push millions into poverty and unemployment, risking social unrest and even war, and urgent action is required, IMF Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn said. Rueters News

According to LEAP/E2020, there are only two options left for the G20 leaders who gather next April 2nd in London: either they rebuild a new international monetary system, creating the conditions for a new global system that involves all the main global players, and reducing the crisis to a maximum of 3 to 5 years; or they strive to prolong the current system, thrusting the world into a decade long tragic crisis starting at the end of 2009
Global European Anticipation Bulletin

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/091ad699dd81.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be1d83b15d40.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49ddd526f8b7.jpg[/atsimg]

U.N. plans for Basket Currency to replace U.S. Dollar as World Reserve www.abovetopsecret.com...'

U.S. Dollar Largest Decline in Quarter Century
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Fiith Phase of Economic Collapse
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

U.S. Plans for Strategic Dislocation
www.abovetopsecret.com...
[exit on 03-23-2009 by bts]

[edit on 23-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Now this is news!

I have been sitting here for the last week wondering what is REALLY going on in the world. I grant everyone that the AIG bonus mess is news and we have the right to be angry, but it really is small potatoes compared to the amount of the bail outs. This makes me wonder just what is going on that they are taking the focus off and this makes perfect sense. One minute the POTUS is too negative, the next he laughs too much, but NOTHING CHANGES or gets better! This morning they mentioned other bailouters that are having bonus issues too.

The larger question should be why is NO ONE accepting positions in the Treasury? What is it they know that we don't? Like maybe this is so bad there is no recovery coming and they don't want their names dragged through the mud! Not one nation is totally independent any more the entire worlds economy is intertwined and as we all know European nations are in trouble, US is in trouble, and China is not doing so hot either, Africa has resources so they could weather this but the "industrialized" nations are done already, we just don't know it yet. Perhaps because we are so busy paying attention to what they are saying instead of what they are not.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
Now this is news!

Yea it is not everyday we hear the ***war*** warning. That makes my stomach knot up...and the current U. S. administration is practically crippled as you mentioned, and they are trying their best to distract us with the ping pong circus about Despairing Zombie Banks filled with Haunting Crappy Paper caused by Troubled Toxicity.

"You can put in as much stimulus as you want. It will just melt in the sun as snow if at the same time you are not able to have a generally smaller financial sector than before but a healthy financial sector at work," he said.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This video has reporting I had not seen till today, I was shocked to see this honest reporting on Mainstream Media!!! Andrea Mitchell no less!

Video slow to start it acts like it stops but it goes on...a must see!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

...it is not everyday we hear the ***war*** warning. That makes my stomach knot up...

Must be music to the ears of anyone wanting to impose global fascism. Civil unrest would play right into their hands. World meltdown/depression is oh so convenient.

It sounds sick. Too evil to be true.

But incredulity would also be a powerful tool...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A well orchestrated mess, but to what end? I still think the money is being ploughed into some secret project and almost every government knows about it and is doing the same.

I Suppose we'll find out in the next few years what they are actually up to.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yes...to hear them talk about it so openly is distrubing...
Hard to say for sure whether they are planning our demise...
or just planning for demise!

Found this on the IMF website's front page...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/114fc368f844.gif[/atsimg]

www.imf.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OK so the IMF options are........

either form a NWO or try to save the current world order thru bending over the taxpayer some more...........gee sounds like LOSE-LOSE

lets see if the current bank bailout plan that is disingenuous to the core...can help sustain our banking system...while bending the taxpayer over...but perhaps sustain the world reserve currency and those who benefit from it's strength (MIlitary)... and gain traction at the G20 as a blue print to follow.........for the benefit of the greedy middle men puppets. dancing in US political circles.......or wether the NWO owners will tell the american cowboys to put down their lasso's.......and their rodeo's over........similiar to when Zigbinew Bryzenski (sp?) put the kibbosh down on the NEO con's wet dream of IRAN war when he publically said to watch out for a false flag to start a war vs. iran.......

i am ramblin but it is a interesting perspective

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ohh look!

More propaganda to have them pass the reserve currency so they can flood our market with billions of dollars worth of "international" money which will then be a substitute for all other currencies in the countries who accept, bringing about continental government.

Wonderful.

Don't be fooled by the ninja's on your lawn, they don't really exist!

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
No this is not news.
Its made up fear mongering by these people.
www.leap2020.eu...
Who sell subscriptions to there fear mongering magazine.
Websites like this are very common, people seeking to make a profit from the current economic problems, appealing to peoples fears.
They often make up complete garbage.
Its hosted from some budget website company its some fool making stuff up and trying to sell it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just a little correction here...move along, nothing to see here!!
The DJIA always corrects like this over a six month period...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8412e1f2f0df.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If you're planning to practice unrest or war, then you are playing right into their hands. These plutocrats WANT you to meet a violent and sudden end, by your own actions. Don't play their game. Outsmart and act against them. They can't win, if everyone else denies them their ability to rule.

O-315

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My intentions in posting this are twofold. First, we must listen to what is put into the mainstream media. We must listen to learn the truth of what is happening behind the scenes. That is usually the truth they are trying to hide.

When we see mainstream media repeating something over and over again, there is some truth in it. Deception is always at its best when truth mixed with a lie...which leads to Secondly...we must discern which way "they" want to manipulate the populice.

Ignoring reports like this would be like ignoring warnings about hurricane Katrina...or ignoring the timing of NORAD drills...
Unemployment charted 1999-2009
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9fe17f28753.gif[/atsimg]
data.bls.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great Video with Ron Paul saying...there are people in America that want out of the U.N., they want The U. S. Sovereignty back!

He talks with Beck saying that America is not just a business!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

George Soros, the billionaire investor sees Zombie banks draining the life out of the U.S. economy...contrary to the majority of U.S. economists...who see the U.S. economy halting contraction in the third quarter, and resuming growth in the fourth quarter...

The U.S. economy is in for a "lasting slowdown" and could face a Japan-style period of relatively low growth coupled with high inflation, billionaire investor George Soros said on Monday.

Soros, speaking to Reuters Financial Television, also warned that rescuing U.S. banks could turn them into "zombies" that draw the lifeblood of the economy, prolonging the economic slowdown.

"I don't expect the U.S. economy to recover in the third or fourth quarter so I think we are in for a pretty lasting slowdown," Soros said, adding that in 2010 there might be "something" in terms of U.S. growth.
CNBC

The recovery will look like "an inverted square root sign," Soros said. "You hit bottom and you automatically rebound some, but then you don't come out of it in a V-shape recovery or anything like that. You settle down—step down."

The healing of the banking system and housing markets is crucial to recovery. "The banking system, as a whole, is basically insolvent," Soros said.
Soros also said the U.S. dollar is under selling pressure and may eventually be replaced as a world reserve currency, possibly by the IMF's Special Drawing Rights, a synthetic currency basket comprised of dollars, euros, yen and sterling.

"I think the dollar is now under question and I think the system will need to be reformed, so that the United States will be subject to the same discipline as is imposed on other countries," said Soros, whose famous bet against the British pound earned his Quantum Fund $1 billion in 1992. "Being the main issuer of international currency, we have been exempt and we have abused that because we have effectively consumed 6.5 percent more than we have produced. That is now coming to an end."
CNBC

Frightening, this echos in harmony with the Global European Anticipation Bulletin's prediciton for the U.S. and World Economy...

More from the Global European Anticipation Bulletin...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Your next summit takes place in a few days in London; but are you aware that you have less than a semester to prevent the world from plunging into a crisis that will take at least a decade to resolve, accompanied by a whole series of tragedies and ferment? Therefore, this open letter by LEAP/E2020, who saw the arrival of a « global systemic crisis » as early as three years ago, intends to briefly explain why it happened and how to limit further damage.

If indeed you began to suspect the onset of a sizeable crisis less than a year ago, LEAP/E2020, in the second issue of their « Global Europe Anticipation Bulletin » (GEAB N°2), anticipated that the world was about to enter into the « trigger phase » of a crisis of historic proportions.

GEAB (LEAP 2020)

[edit on 7-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Cheese thefts, cheese riots? This is getting bad...

Now accepting cash, credit, and cheese!

Hey buddy, can you spare a wheel of Parmigiano-Reggiano?

Italy is in the throes of its fourth recession since 2002, with the country’s economy expected to contract 5.3% this year. And, for many producers, cheese seems to be the only way out.

Credito Emiliano, an Italian bank in the Emilia-Romagna region, has been accepting parmesan cheese as collateral since the early 1950s -- and is now considering treating prosciutto, olive oil and balsamic vinegar the same way, according to Steve Jenkins, one of America’s foremost cheese experts.
blogs.moneycentral.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

'Out of control'

Republicans said the latest deficit figures were a serious concern.

"The alarm bells on our nation's fiscal condition have now become a siren," said Senate Republican minority leader Mitch McConnell.

"If anyone has any doubts that this burden on future generations is unsustainable, they're gone - spending, borrowing and debt are out of control."

Analysts said the latest deficit figures increased the likelihood of US tax rises once it is confirmed that the country has exited recession.

The CBO said such a move would be required.

"Putting the nation on a sustainable fiscal course will require some combination of lower spending and higher revenues than the amounts now projected," it said.

BBC Source

I still don't think the average American is taking this seriously.
They're looking at the stock market and the positive comments and thinking everything is going to be fine, but they're not considering that this is a completely different economy, and one the majority of "normal" people have been pushed out of.

What the people on the street need to be looking at are unemployment figures, the price of food and services, and the stability of the welfare systems and government in their state.

It's not quite as bad in the UK, I am looking at the warning signs and paying attention to it.
But if I were in the US right now, I'd be living a frugal life. I'd already be prioritising everything down to each meal.

This isn't going to reverse itself any time soon. There is no magic solution to this. Your government cannot just make everything better, and they certainly cannot just continue to print new money indefinitely.
This went past the point of catastrophic failure before they even realised there was a problem.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yes, many people still are not paying attention, and if they are...
they may not be looking past the surface.

That is where this gets scary, with the Fed manipulated Market.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Whoa! Just hold on everyone!!! The disinfo is simply leading you to more disinfo. You see, you are playing right into it. They need to reinforce this "war" issue to desensitize you to the fact that THEY NEED a war.

Let me explain... Plan A was to funnell trillions of dollars into the banking system from the shadow banking system to prop up their fake economy and instill confidence in the system. It didn't work and it is being uncovered. A court ruled recently that the Fed must disclose where literally trillions of dollars went. When this news comes out then - BAM!- their game is over. Meanwhile they have done their very best to artificially inflate the stock market to make people believe that the system is on the mend - it isn't and most of us know it!

Plan B, assuming Plan A either fails completely or needs some help, is to throw the world into more wars. See, they still believe, incorrectly I should add, that war fixes economies. It worked back at time when the banking industry was straight forward and economics was predicated upon the quaint notion of supply and demand. Now that 2/3 of the financial industry's dealing are done behind closed doors, using "new" math, it doesn't work. Simply witness how Iraq and Afghanistan are bankrupting America.

The result is that they are clinging to their dynasty which is collapsing around them. They NEED the system to recover because they have spent decades, maybe even centuries, accruing all of this wealth at the expense of average working folks like us. If this system collapses, all of that money means NOTHING! Having billions of dollars is only meaningful if other people are willing to trade in that currency - and we are starting to see that perhaps people are no longer willing to play along. Their power would almost instantly vanish and everything they've worked for would turn to ashes!

So, don't propagate the war rumors. They will most certainly look for ways to start wars. But now is the time to be more vigilant than ever and refuse to be the pawns in their financial game. While many of you watch your charts and graphs, I just watch everyday people and how they are behaving. To me, it is much better indicator of where the economy is going - and the news is bad!

I'm no financial wizard, but I am very intelligent and observant. My advice would be to stock up on necessities as this will become the new currency. The old system is dying and I don't think we're likely to return to a time where we buy and consume at our leisure. Thanks for entertaining my post!

They have completely over-played their hand and now they are in a panic

top topics

join