It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Above Politics Show - DEBATES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As we announced in The Above Politics Show 58, Homer and I are working on a new element to the show

DEBATES

We are looking for ATS members who want to debate a topic on a show with Homer and I. You do not need to have someone to debate with as we will match members up based on their views, but if two members want to debate each other, great.

So what do you need to do?

u2u or email either Homer or me with our ATS member name (if emailing), the topic you would like to debate and which side of the topic you wish to defend.

Or post in this thread

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm up to do a debate show, guys. Not sure on what but guess I can discuss a point a death if needs be.

And how strange that this thread is so quiet. We must have thousands of members on ATS who debate and argue a point via posts all the time, seems very few of you, want to go head to head real time.

I think this is a great idea that Homer and Martin have worked on for us. After all, ATS is nothing with the contributions of its members and I want to heard the debates.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If I may suggest having the option of a debate that isnt judged may encourage some of the more shy or reluctant members to take place . Another possibility is to have a member or members debate an outside guest on the show .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Interesting, but a little thin on the details.
What topics would be debated.
Would any topic be out of bounds?
What rules for debate would be in place?
What are the times and dates are we talking about?

I honestly didn't even know about your show. There is obviously a lot to explore at ATS and apparently I hadn't scratched the surface. I will make an effort to check out your show archives.
Perhaps a front page splash would draw more interest?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There some subjects that spring to mind but we want members to suggest topics for debates and the debates will not be judged. We want to bring lively debate to the show.

So long as a topic and its discussions do not breach our T&Cs then we can debate it. We are looking at shows in the region of 35 to 45 minutes with a format of:

Opening arguement from each party - 2 minutes

Counter arguement from each party - 2 minutes

Open discussion led by Homer and Martin

Closing arguement

And Smack, welcome to the show and it you want list of past shows, check the ATSMIX show thread or www.theabovepoliticsshow.com...

www.theabovepoliticsshow.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We have two topics for the first series of debates on The Above Politics Show:

Should we have bailed the banks out or let them fail?

Universal health care in the US? - we already have an ATS member taking the con side

If you want to take a side on one of these, let me know by u2u or email

new topics

top topics

join