It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockefeller: Internet is "Number One National Hazard"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Really, who cares what a 72 year old guy thinks about the InterNets? I'm surprised he is even aware of the InterNets.

I just wanted to say that my father (who is almost that age) is fully aware of the internet and spends a great amount of time on it. The idea that age is a factor of net awareness is just ignorant.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
News from UK!

UK 'has cyber attack capability'
news.bbc.co.uk...

I guess China really is the threat! Wait a minute... The news (this one and the ones I've previously posted) say both US and UK are assembling offensive hacker teams.
Maybe China is not a threat to national security but only to the NWO..

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
We've always been at war with East Asia!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wouldn't you know we now have a breach in security; gov't computers have been hacked by 'the koreans'. Next, they say, pc's will be hit.

abcnews.go.com...
snip:
Cyber attacks slowing U.S. and South Korean websites could enter a new phase on Friday by attacking personal computers and wiping out hard disks, a South Korean government agency and web security firm said.

North Korea was originally a prime suspect for launching the cyber attacks, but the isolated state was not named on a list of websites from five countries where the attacks may have originated, the Korea Communications Commission (KCC) said.

The attacks targeting dozens of government and business sites in South Korea and the United States did not cause major damage or security breaches, experts said, but the KCC warned a new phase at 1500 GMT on Friday could cause severe damage to PCs.
&
www.breitbart.com...

snip:
The US State Department said Thursday its website came under cyberattack for a fourth day running as it tried to prevent further attacks.
"I'm just going to speak about our website, the state.gov website. There's not a high volume of attacks. But we're still concerned about it. They are continuing," State Department spokesman Ian Kelly told reporters.

"We are taking measures to deal with this and any potential new attacks," Kelly added.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
An older thread, but still important.

I didn't read the whole thing, but it reminds me of that part of history not so long ago, when the masters of the old Southern plantations found out that some of their slaves were being taught to READ.

Sure, the slaves were mostly just reading a bit of the Bible, but most slave owners recognized a threat in slaves that could read, and it was not considered a small matter.

Today, the slaves have the internet. Massa is getting that bad old feeling again.

BUT, looking back, what ended up happening? The slaves did learn to read, and so there was a shift to making sure that what the slave was reading, even after they had been "set free", that the reading material would still cultivate a slave's mentality.

And so it has been with the internet, by and large. It has been subverted for the most part. Massa may indeed plan on taking our books away eventually, but before then, he may try handing out "Good Slave" books.

I'm not sure the metaphor is good for most out there, but I think the internet is playing a huge role in our further enslavement.

Look at FaceBook. People have willingly, almost unconsciously, turned their back on privacy, and it happened so fast, old-timers like me just saw a blur!

MSN...Too many are going to one place for their news now. At least in the old days, there might be some differences in newspapers, even if they were usually small differences.

Getting closer to home, how about ATS? Plenty of people wonder about how a conspiracy site can be used/abused. Plenty more are constantly suspicious of "Israeli infiltrators", government shills, etc.

SO, anyway, maybe the curtain will come down, but I'm guessing that if/when it does, such a thing may portend something rather severe ahead. At that point, I think Massa will be taking off the soft gloves, and his patience will finally be at an end.

We shall see!

JR

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
its only a matter of time, more and more corrupt elites are giving their two cents about how the internet is a threat..ya ya ya heard it all before. we have it now so enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Sorry to bump this thread but I feel that we have glossed over a few things here.

1) Has anyone noticed that no matter what you search for on Google you get bombarded with giant amounts of threads that have nothing to do with what you searched? Especially when you google a controversial topic not covered by the mass media. Could this not be an attempt to discredit it? We know that Google is playing a large part in what is going on in the east. We know that they are already in bed with the gov.

which brings me to the next point

2) How will we know when it happens? Surely they are not stupid enough to suggest completely shutting down the internet outright. They will do it covertly. How do we know that this isn't already happening? We know that our news is already filtered. Why wouldn't stuff on the net be? Why is it that anything controversial that you can find on the internet has severe lack in credibility?

Truth is we don't. And that, my friends, has me utterly terrified.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
He means its a threat the internet informs us of the truth* thats what he means, what an effin liar of lairs and greedy selfish subhuman he is. thats what he is afraid of US knowing what thier true intentions for us all are.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
Ah-

The poor manipulating criminals and are being
outed by the common folk. So sad. So unfair.

Must be rough realizing that you can't hide
your dirty dealings anymore.

Finally.

I'm still waiting to see any difference we have caused.

I don't think the internet is powerful enough to stop them, or even really effect them, without fools like me willing to die for their country. Though my willingness is waning daily as I meet more and more cretins in every facet of my life.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The internet is watched like TV by people the governments hire, I bet my lucky toonie that someone or many on here are such, ain't ya? and if they really were worried about terrorist threats on the WWW then they can block any IP range they want such as China,Iran,Isreal whatever they want, doesn't China do this themselves some sort of controlled WWW over there?

Yea I can see the ramification if they did do anything controlling with the WWW, me personally I would teach myself how to hack, and be just as sneaky as them but thats just me.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There is only ONE threat to any Security:

SECRETS

edit on 28-8-2011 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Todays society is reliant on the internet, good luck taking it away. I actually believe a new form of internet will emerge sooner or later, lets hope if so, it isnt created by the hands of the elite.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Star and Flag

The amount of crap going on today just makes me sick. Unfortunately it has been going on for decades but TPTB has been able to hide it.

Now they have to unleash the Dis-Info agents and trolls so it must be getting expensive

Not only that but the Dis-info agents keep getting outed with decent research.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

The amount of crap going on today just makes me sick. Unfortunately it has been going on for decades but TPTB has been able to hide it.

Now they have to unleash the Dis-Info agents and trolls so it must be getting expensive

Not only that but the Dis-info agents keep getting outed with decent research.

Cheaper.

The Internet enabled intelligence gathering never dreamt possible. Wireless cards and routers can be used as radar to see inside buildings...gather intel.

Each person can have a unique number assigned to their computer motherboard, harddrive, communications cards, software...and they track you no matter what hardware you use. Even current Linux distributions assign an ID to data storage devices....hmm why did they do that?

Computer storage devices exploded in size so they can accumulate unlimited information from many realms from EVERYBODY.

The best intelligence gathering device is Apple. Steve Jobs did a good job keeping quiet Apple's abilities. ...Are cookies stored off-your computer now? hmm...wow if true!

Even if the Federal Government completely ran out of money today....the Terraflops of information they have can be mined to find things to charge everyone on Earth with fines over some law and they could use it to enslave the Earth.

What Rockefeller fears....Presidents have already dealt with. Bush wrote National Security Letters to shut down "gripe" websites. I'm sure Obama has as well...even stepped things up.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rise-in-fbi-use-of-national-security-letters/2011/05/09/AFN6xLdG_story.html

They've got more power to shut up dissidents...and generate revenue at the same time...than ALL Governments that have ever existed in the history of mankind.

China isn't generating 1 nickel from hushing up its dissidents. They just go the break their legs or kill them route. They haven't been enlightened with the "make money while punishing" route. They fear revolt.

Rockefeller doesn't.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
Todays society is reliant on the internet, good luck taking it away. I actually believe a new form of internet will emerge sooner or later, lets hope if so, it isnt created by the hands of the elite.

Are you kidding? The internet was probably designed from the ground up to be the ultimate telescreen. It's only going to get worse. The next level will probably extrapolate what you're thinking by scrutinizing your facial expressions through your web cam, your breathing patterns through your microphone and your surfing habits through the links you click and your search terms. They don't need to invent anything new to do any of this. Only abuse what already exists. And most people have no defense because most people know about as much about how things work on the internet as they do about how their cars work. Actually, I don't know a lot about the web and computers and what I predict is probably already possible or being done in some manner. But you can bet that however bad it already is, it will get worse. Orwell knew it and based his novel on the limited technology of his time (and a small amount of imagination). If you can imagine it, there's someone with real power to make it happen who thought of it a long time before you did.

They don't want to take the internet away. They only want to get it's tentacles embedded deeper into your life.
edit on 28-8-2011 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Land of the free! LOL
American is land of the tyrants.
This IS the most important thing to freedom
we will ever fight for.
You must All stand up for freedom of the Internet.
with out free internet. all the others are silent protests.
I have no idea how to go about this.
but thats what the Internets is for.
We All Help Each Other.
so come up with ways to let the sheep know
that the are being lead to the slaughterhouse.
and ways to stop them.
all the countries that are gaining freedom!
they need to say a cry for the internet.
as the internet has help’t them gain freedom.
Now America needs to gain its freedom.
it will not be an easy fight. it will take many years.
Look at how long the black slaves too to get there freedom.
and now we see they are not free!
and neither are the rest of us!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Rockefeller: Internet is "Number One National Hazard"

Of course it is a number one hazard. But only to them, the Rich Elite Banking Cartel that runs the world, for now, anyway. but not for much longer. If any of you Bankers can read this, know this: Your days of power and wealth are numbered. People all over the World are waking up more and more every day that goes by. Enjoy it while you can.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's funny how the start of a global consciousness can be our 'greatest threat'

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread though

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thank you Pervius, you said what I was going to say and So far, I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the advertising you receive based on key words in the e-mail that is sent to you and vise versa.
Have a nice evening and good thread OP.
rbrtj

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rktspc

Maybe you should go back and explore all the information. I am thankful to who ever pulled this out of the old threads. It maybe old news but it is new news to me. I caught the part that internet 2 would be up and running 2012 which isn't far away. A lot of the new laws they have been passing are designed more for when it becomes the only internet up and running. It is another example of how the governments of the world are all co-operating in this together. I guess when the change over is complete I will be without not just the net but also the tv and way things are going the phone. I grew up in a time when it was available but limited I can do it again.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join