It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is The Next AIG?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Who is The Next AIG?

www.nbcnewyork.com

If AIG’s bonus checks make you mad, keep your pitchfork handy. Here’s the secret behind the government’s bailouts: Any bank big enough to get billions in bailout cash is almost certainly giving out bonus checks too.

It’s just that they won’t tell you.

Huge annual bonuses — and the secrecy around them — are so ingrained in the culture of Wall Street that even a global economic meltdown can’t stop them. Most top execs, stock traders and the like earn the vast majority of their take-home pay in the form of a bonus — not base salary — and some employees receive far more than $1 million.

Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) is demanding to learn more about as much as $3 billion in bonuses at Morgan Stanley — which took in $10 billion in TARP money. New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo is in talks with the eight biggest TARP recipients among banks about their bonuses.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. Seems like other may have been giving out even bigger bonuses than AIG.

I really wonder if the whole truth will come out or will some of this be swept under the rug.

Legal corruption isn't no different than the outright corruption one sees in Mexico IMO.

www.nbcnewyork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't know who the next AIG will be but I will tell you who the next Madoff is.

It's the Federal Reserve. They have orchestrated the largest ponzi scheme in all of history. This ponzi scheme makes Madoff look like a second class crook.

They had the balls to go straight faced to our government and demand billions and billions of dollars to be pumped straight into banks and other institutions out of fear that those banks and institutions would fail.

When all is said and done, our government will be broke and we will be left holding the bag while the Federal Reserve and the fat cats on wall street laugh at us all for falling for this idiocy.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Despite crippling losses, multibillion-dollar bailouts and the passing of some of the most prominent names in the business, employees at financial companies in New York, the now-diminished world capital of capital, collected an estimated $18.4 billion in bonuses for the year.

www.nytimes.com...

and all I got was a little bit more on my paycheck for about 6 months. :shk:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Do you think you got a fair return on your investment? Weren't we all promissed a big payoff by pouring money into these failed businesses? What are we going to get instead?

A fat lot of nothing thats what. That is what we are going to get. Worse than nothing, we are going to end up owing trillions upon trillions of dollars to the Federal Reserve Bank.

Yay Federal Reserve Act!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

A fat lot of nothing thats what. That is what we are going to get. Worse than nothing, we are going to end up owing trillions upon trillions of dollars to the Federal Reserve Bank.

The only way we will see any payout is if those companies survive. Unfortunately many of them are walking zombies.

Get ready for those tax increases to help pay off those trillions.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OMG, Wallstreet tricked the Government and shafted the people!

If you even remotely believed that the "bailouts" where going to reboot the economy then your exactly the SUCKA the system thrives off of.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
When it comes to public light that Obama himself along with many members of his cabinet and the Congress have all received kickbacks from the Wall Street banks they're going to be feeling a lot like AIG does right now.

I say when, really meaning if ever, because this is kept well and truly under wraps in the MSM.

The whole reason the Banking institutions have been so successful at extorting money from the Government, while others like the Car Industry keep getting shot down (the ones who really need it) is because they have tremendous ties and influence to Congress and have the money to influence the fate of any bills proposed.

Congress is for all intents and purposes, an extension of Wall Street in politics.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Godfather, you may be on to something there. I keep poking around and I hope everybody else does has well. I also am convinced that there is some close ties in all of this.

Where are the investigative journalists when you need them?

If this was Monica all over again they would be on this like hound dogs.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
OMG, Wallstreet tricked the Government and shafted the people!

If you even remotely believed that the "bailouts" where going to reboot the economy then your exactly the SUCKA the system thrives off of.

The bailouts were to prevent a run on the banks.

All they did, in actuality, was allow the government to take ownership of the banks, then consolidate the banks into centralized conglomerates.

new topics

top topics

join