It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu: A Virus of Our Own Hatching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I came home a little early for lunch and was searching the internet for some interesting stories. You can imagine my surprise when I read this paragraph,

Leading public health authorities now predict as inevitable a pandemic of influenza, triggered by bird flu and expected to lead to millions of deaths around the globe. The influenza virus has existed for millions of years as an innocuous intestinal virus of wild ducks. What turned a harmless waterborne duck virus into a killer? In an engaging multimedia presentation, Dr. Michael Greger traces the human role in the evolution of this virus.

Wow, that is an opening paragraph that will get a readers attention!

The entire report was posted at:

The Worldview blog
NYAS.ORG

Here is more from the story:

Dr. Michael Greger, author and Director of Public Health and Animal Agriculture, The Humane Society of the United States

Leading public health authorities now predict as inevitable a pandemic of influenza, triggered by bird flu and expected to lead to millions of deaths around the globe. The influenza virus has existed for millions of years as an innocuous intestinal virus of wild ducks. What turned a harmless waterborne duck virus into a killer? In an engaging multimedia presentation, Dr. Michael Greger traces the human role in the evolution of this virus.

In the face of the coming pandemic, Dr. Greger reveals what we can do to protect our families and what society can do to reduce the likelihood of such potential catastrophes in the future.

It appears that Dr. Michael Greger gave a presentation on:

Mar 18, 2009
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Science, Industry & Business Library, 188 Madison at 34th St.

Ok, the date for the presentation is past. I decided to do a little research about Dr. Michael Greger. I discovered that his book, Bird Flu: A Virus of Our Own Hatching is available for free online.

Here is the link: Book

I have posted more information and a related video at the Worldview blog.

If someone has the time, read the book and post your review here.

Have a great day

[edit on 23-3-2009 by tsrk30]

join