It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Explosion Heard In Pakistani Capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Loud Explosion Heard In Pakistani Capital

kdka.com

News reports say the blast took place close to a market.

The source of the explosion late Monday was not immediately clear, but it was heard across much of the downtown area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just breaking. Thought I'd start the discussions. Another SiS Operation? Al-Quaida? India? I guss we'll find out soon. It's all becoming part-and parcel in the region.
Fox News made a blurb about it, I'm sure CNN and MSNBC will be on it very soon.
Keeping an eye on this one.

Cuhail

kdka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

TV footage from the scene of the blast late Monday showed a body under a blanket.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, thats never good.

Considering all thats gone on with India beginning to blame Islamabad for a role in "allowing" the Mumbai attacks.....it would be interesting to see who is behind this....if there is someone....

Just speculation at this point but I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Its on BBC news right now, local news says 1 dead not confirmed.
It occured near a police station.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It seems as though a suicide bomber bit the dust before carrying out his act. Hopefull nobody else was injured.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
People are really failing to grasp the concept of an "ALTERNATIVE Breaking News" section.

I heard a scream outside my window, should I post that up here too?

If the mainstream media are already covering it (Fox), then there's no need to post it here. The breaking news section will do just fine.

I mean this article isn't even sure what it's insinuating, it's just all-out speculation about "something" that happened.

[edit on 23/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
25 people killed, and it was a suicide bomber attacking a funeral convoy.

That is the latest from BBCnews on the telly.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Chill brotha. I'm sure it will be moved to the WoT or Mideast Isuues forums in time. Until then, please post on-topic.

Thank you.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Also it would appear that this has happened on Pakistans national day, so they had security fears right from the start. Wonder who will claim responsibility.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
And it seems the funeral was for the father of somebody who is a member of a political party in Pakistan. This seems like infighting.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why would this be SIS, CIA or RAW? Just because that makes it more interesting?

The UK, USA or India have nothing to gain from bombing a funeral procession. If the UK were going to bomb anything, it would be a terrorist training camp.
If the US were to bomb anything, it would be a strategic Islamist military leader.
If India were to bomb anything, it would be a terrorist training camp or any other ISI asset.

I'm chalking this one 95% down to the Taliban groups again, with a 5% chance of it being Baluch nationalists. Seems to fit their MO.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What with the Taliban seemingly being able to run riot where ever they want in Pakistan and according to sky new having control of large regions of the country just how long will the other countries wait before going in and making their nukes safe and removing the possibility of the Taliban getting hold of them?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

My bad. I typed SiS when I meant ISI. I don't think, myself, that this was a state-sponsored action and I tend to follow the Taliban reasoning as well. A lack of Western-based morality bases (Ideology) tends to blurt out something, eh?
(does that sound racist? I hope not, it wasn't intended to be.)

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Ah yes, it could be rogue elements of the ISI who want the Taliban to take over Pakistan's government in-toto. Especially considering they targeted a police station, that seems to fit in with the Taliban's wishes for Pakistan to be destabilized so that they can move in to provide "sharia law and order".

You've confused me a bit with your sentence about Western based ideology, I'm not sure what you mean.

new topics

top topics

join