It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name one thing Humans have made that has not killed.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

Thats also why i said "i beg to differ", not "na na na na na na... youre wrong'!
Id hate to think death made nursrey rhymes, but hey... worse things have happened, no?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
RUBBER BABY BUGGY BUMPERS, and the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Sta puft marshmallow man from Ghost busters?
I cant remember if he actually killed anyone in the movie, at least.
I know he did alotta damge, though!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

The difference between animals and humans is that animals don't kill unnecessarily. It is either for defense, mating, or food.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

No, I'm afraid we're not the only animal that kills for fun. Although we have taken it to the next level

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?
reply to post by altered_states

Ring a-ring o' roses,
A pocketful of posies.
a-tissue!, a-tissue!.
We all fall down. (Dead)

Sorry nursery rhymes kill too.

Yea ring a round the rosey IS about death....sooo yea

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

The difference between animals and humans is that animals don't kill unnecessarily. It is either for defense, mating, or food.

Were it not for the abundance of potential mates, relative safety and abundant food in large tracts of the world, those three would be skyrocket as cause for killing. Infact, they still are both in the Western and third worlds.

Gang members kill eachother, in apparently senseless acts, for all the reasons you listed. Or the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan. The reason given by the would be assassin? To attract a mate. Or, finally, the obvious list of ways a person can kill in their own defense.

This excludes animals in the potential 'victims', because I do disagree that animals don't just kill things for fun. Domestic animals, for example, have their necessities of life provided regardless of their actions, and exist in a state of comparative luxury to their wild counterparts. In spite of this, domestic animals will often kill other animals, even if there are no potential mates present and it dosen't pose a threat to them. Cats, in particular, will track something down, bring it home, and 'play' with it to death. They make no effort to consume the remains, will do this even if there are no mates present, and are obviously not acting in defense.

I'm curious as to how you will explain this phenomenon.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by TheDustman]

[edit on 24-3-2009 by TheDustman]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
1.O.J Simpson

2.Fart spray

3.Stink bombs

4.The Osmands

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Lots of animals kill for sport, especially those lovable little chimpanzees.

Animals also kill for territory, or simply out of instinct. Why does a cat tear a mouse to shreads when you hang it over the cat's head?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDustman
Gang members kill eachother, in apparently senseless acts, for all the reasons you listed.

Gang members kill each other for a number of reasons.

Gangs don't waste their resources on "random" acts of violence with no benefit, and they certainly aren't filled with uncontrollable axe murderers.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Dolphins rape, kill, murder, ect. Even play with the bodies of young dolphins they kill.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here's a simple answer to to conclude everyones tiresome thoughts...

EVERYTHING we have ever made is 100% safe if it is not in the hands of a living creature. We haven't created life, cloning is just duplicating thus not creating, so we haven't given anything free will.

I don't think I've ever seen an unloaded rifle just walk to the ammo counter, load itself, and fire at the sporting goods clerk?

So, in hindsight, nothing we've made has killed anyone or anything without some sort of interaction from a living creature.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
OJ Simpson.

That is all.

For those that say, "man didn't make him silly!"

Oh, I do believe your logic to be flawed.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The movie Ishtar It was so bad probably the worst movie of all times but I haven't heard of anybody dying from watching it!

Plot:
Two terrible lounge singers get booked to play a gig in a Moroccan hotel but somehow become pawns in an international power play between the CIA... more | full synopsis

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Shouldnt this thread be on BTS?

Pah....

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Cant be arsed checking if anyone else has come up with this but

Carbon Dioxide

Radio Waves projected to space

An american flag that sits on the moon

The list goes on suck it beeeeeaaacccchhh

Think your argument was created as a way to gain points and replys, anything can be argued to have killed in a hypothetical sense, you could argue my little pony`s have killed 1000 people in regards to poisioning, labour, crates of them falling on someones head, your argument is flawed sir, and I add my opinion with no negativity or as a personal attack upon your character

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
The movie Ishtar It was so bad probably the worst movie of all times but I haven't heard of anybody dying from watching it!

I beg to differ - I thought Ishtar was hilarious and nearly died laughing.

But the real truth is that we are never more than 1 Metre (3 Feet) away from potential death.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

top 10 list

10 foam bat ( there may be a slight chance you could give yourself a heart attack trying to kill something but i kinda doubt it)

9 wrist watch (may help you plan what time you want to kill but wont help much kinda gets in the way when your trying to wash up afterwards)

8 club soda ( dont try to say drowning you would be too busy burping)

7 Walt disney movies ( though it may feel like its killing you at times)

6 lint ( my dryer makes this stuff all the time and no one dies)

5 calculus (your head may feel like it will explode but it wont hmmm)

4 condoms ( people died from not wearing one)

3 silicone ( im pretty sure sand isnt alive and it has multiple applications including computer chips and breast implants see number 4 )

2 spork (not very use full but couldnt kill anything with it)

1 wedding ring ( now you may want to kill yourself later but thats not the rings fault its your bad choice )

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Sorry mate, missed your question.

Apollo 1 was about two years before Apollo 11, the one that landed, followed by five other landings.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Nothing...

Even the most harmless matter if accelerated to relativistic speeds will pack enough kinetic energy to kill!

Even doing nothing kills!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join