It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is a mixture of Darwinism and spirituality.

What is believed by scientists:

1. 15 billion years ago the big bang happened.
2. 4.7 billion years ago the planet formed.
3. 3 billion years ago, unicellular life appeared.
4. 1 billion years ago, the first animals appeared.
5. In the last 1 billion years, fish walked onto land, dinosaurs evolved, a meteor hit, mammals evolved.
6. In the last 5 million years ago, humanity evolved, along with the capacity to love.

Let me put this a different way.

(1-----------2--3-456) A metaphorical time line.

. (Humans with language and emotion)
...:: (Animals)
...:::::::: (Unicellular and multicullular life)

An ascii representation of growing complexity of life, with humans shown accurately based on how long we have existed.

Computers do what the programmers want the computers to do. A computer only has utility if a computer is serving a sentients needs, as logic has no sensation.
Were reality to be a computer, that computer would respond to sentient input in theory, thereby a prayer to God may yet invoke the existance of a true God that is eternal and loves humans eternally, a true omnipotent, omnibenevolent being.
With regards to sentient input from human beings, humans have always prayed for a loving God, and kind angels, thereby, we may yet have invoked and helped God to exist and be omnipotent and omniscient and omnibenevolent towards the people of Earth forever, thereby humans may well have encouraged the evolution of God in the past.
Logically, a God that loves humans cannot have existed prior to human beings feeling love, however a God that encourages the survival of sentience may well be truly eternal, but the best sentient attitude for such a being is unconditional love towards human beings, me and my people.

Were we to encounter an angel created in mans image by reality, and that angel states "I was created by 'God'", the man may believe the man also was created by God, rather than evolved from physical matter, hence leading to the slight mistake re creation.
Logically we communicate best with those who relate well to us, ie what speaks our languages, the language of emotion and speach.

With regards to God talking to humans;

"At present, human scientists are attempting to communicate outside our species to primates and cetaceans, and in a limited way to a few other vertebrates. This is inordinately difficult, and yet it represents a gap of at most a few SQ points. The farthest we can reach our "communication" with vegetation is when we plant, water, or fertilize it, but it is evident that messages transmitted across an SQ gap of 10 points or more cannot be very meaningful. What, then, could an SQ +50 Superbeing possibly have to say to us?"

– Robert A. Freitas Jr

I believe in a way, metaphorically, God is a being, and yet creates the method to do so, in a way we understand, I"m uncertain of this belief, almost a "front-end" of God, in the same way as your OS is a front-end of the logic-gate section your computer runs on.

With regards to the human God...
Well, I truly hope an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent loves my people forever.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The problem with the logic behind your post is that it is trying to fit God into our natural world. What happens when you try and fit God into our natural world is that you begin with the incorrect assumption that God has an origin within it. (Whether it be in pure conceptual form or something else entirely). If one begins from this assumption one is ultimately destined to fail in his/her understanding of God.

God is not confined to this natural world, but is instead dwelling within the world of the supernatural. The term supernatural or supranatural (Latin: super, supra "above" + natura "nature") pertains to an order of existence beyond the scientifically visible universe (Source of definition: Wikipedia). Therefore God cannot be understood by any known scientific method.

This is the fundamental problem when discussing the Christian religion from a scientific viewpoint. I cannot, even though I believe God exists, prove his existence by any scientifically sound proofs. This fundamental issue has been tackled by many and I am unaware of any successful attempts, so far (Please inform me if I am mistaken).

How would one come to understand God? Unfortunately the answer is extremely subjective. There is no one way... unless you want to believe the Christians... and then you must go through Jesus... but of course this will not appeal to all.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pandorashope

Have you considered that the evolving Divinity might be the universe itself?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Thats a cool idea, may the divine be truly omnibenevolent towards my people.

join