It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa chiefs 'repeatedly ignored' safety warnings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Fears of a catastrophic shuttle accident were raised last summer with the White House by a former Nasa engineer who pleaded for a presidential order to halt all further shuttle flights until safety issues had been addressed.
In a letter to the White House, Don Nelson, who served with Nasa for 36 years until he retired in 1999, wrote to President George W. Bush warning that his 'intervention' was necessary to 'prevent another catastrophic space shuttle accident'.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.observer.co.uk...

[Edited on 2-2-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
When in 1944 Donetz order his useless and innefective "metal caskets" back out to sea because the newer version (one which if released in time would have won the war for germany by completely cutting off England and taking full control of the north atlantic, as the first sub that wouldn't need to surface) they went out there, and kept going out there, even though they knew their type gave them a 2 month life span.

The fact that Germany had such resolve is what gave us such hell, and America has that resolve too, if the Space shuttle blew up on average 50% of the time, we'd still have the courage and strength to go back out there again and again, to get the job done, until a safer craft was made.

It's only typical that the only people giving this crack-pot any voice is the wussy europeans, whom since ww2 haven't had half a spine, hence why they haven't done anything worth being recorded in history.

America has over shadowed Europe, and they're pissed, which is why europeans whine about everything we do, from Iraq to NASA.

NASA's problem is funding, their spirit is that of "Give them the tools they'll do anything" and congress isn't giving them the tools.

But you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and like the Nazi Submariners, they still go out to sea in their buckets of bolts, knowing that it's less than reasonable, but there's a job to be done and by damn it NASA isn't going to stop now.

But Congress (As spineless as every brit citizen) stopped long ago, before even apollo stopped...and Columbia is on Congress's head, not NASA management.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You have just compared America to Nazi Germany...
Right...

XAOS

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
xaos you should research out Germany's Uboat crews, very few were ever nazis and most made fun of hitler (except when Nazis were around, they'd wait for them to go to another part of the boat), they fought for Germany, I guess it's hard for thick heads such as yourself, to understand that people in other parts of the world fight for their countries too, and just not their leaders.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   

But Congress (As spineless as every brit citizen) stopped long ago,

can we have our troops and aircraft carrier back then please

and do I take it it that you don't believe in the 'special relationship' that exists between our countries?

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Naw, Phait, he just enjoys stepping on as many toes at once as he can.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
"As spineless as every brit citizen"

Stupid boy.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
java - yeah I know dude, I was being a tad sarcastic

I mean where else in the world would you get this:

scumbags

and he probably doesn't realise that little ol england is giving his ass a few more minutes to get to a bomb shelter thanks to fylingdales and menwith hill in case any 'rogue' states decide to send missiles a raining on that country.

heh, as they say in the UK 'charity begins at home' and we have been very charitable to our US buddies

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
why they haven't done anything worth being recorded in history.

What is worth being recorded in history??

64.000 black helicopters?
100+ underground bases and all the stuff they do there?
spending billions on secret programs sponsored by "the black budget" (your money
)??
Murdering your own president???
Murdering your own people!!!????
Murdering people from other countries?????
Trying to rule the world?????????
If this doesn't work destroy it and move to other planets?????????

America has over shadowed Europe, and they're pissed, which is why europeans whine about everything we do, from Iraq to NASA.

Indeed!! You're really getting the point here FM

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
yeah phait you can have them back
I always thought Iraq was america's business, and since the rest of the world is whinning so much they should just go the hell away

Besides, all of "reported" brittain is whinning and pooping about the war with Iraq, and so WUSSY
though most of you here probably aren't, because half of bravery is being informed

But still, the message is clear, whinny brits (not as bad as frenchies though if that's any consolation...no one is as bad as them
) is partly the reason for your lack of doing anything MIGHTY...you guys didn't go to the moon did you?

Yes I know it's biggoted, but we have to have fun once in while

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
just a bit of fun FM, but I wondered... seeing as us europeans are all whinny and therefore wussies over Iraq cos we don't wanna just dive in without actually respecting resolutions and courts of law an all.. well, does that mean that you're wussies when concerned with the wellbeing of future generations of the earth for pulling out of the Kyoto treaty when every other country bar one plus the US was prepared to sign up?

like i said, just a bit o fun.

top topics

join