It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Solar Storm Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Just read this link:

www.newscientist.com...

More serious information on the Solar Storm predicted for 2012,
What can we do to prevent it?
Apparently at its strongest, it would take humanity around 4-10 years to recover from it.
Wondering what everyone else's opinions on this are, and what to do.
Thanks
Jacob

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You, was, is beaten to it

Other Thread

Put your pennies in the duplicate thread box

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

i think you need to read the rules better if you want to start acting like a moderator.......

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

They're not PREDICTING anything. They're talking about what COULD happen if there was a massive solar storm. Thats when we're getting back to the solar maximum for this particular cycle.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

What rule are you referring to? I do know there is a rule about one line posts though...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Exactly its not a prediction at all, and the only mention of 2012 is the new science editorial piece, which im a bit dissapointed about as it seems they are now helping to perpetuate a myth.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

Don't get mean. The member was very nice when he/she said that yours was a duplicate thread. And there is no rule stating that one member can't post that information in another members thread. In fact, it's very helpful when they do so in such a nice manner.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Pretty scary stuff to add to all the other scary stuff out there! I get real bad vibes about 2012----I'm certain something real bad is going to happen and I have the "gift" or "curse" of prophesy which I inherited from my grandma.
If however it was a solar storm at least before the SHTF I get to see the aurora, which is appropriately on my list of things to see before you die.
Would it not be possible to shut down the worlds power grids before the solar storm hit? I saw this on a docu-drama once.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The way i look at life is hope for the worst and expect the norm. I am a glass half full person, and i am glad like alot on here.

So with 2012, i just think its a transtional thing.

new topics

top topics

join