It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in four government databases are illegal ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Call to scrap 'illegal databases'

Source - BBC

A quarter of all government databases are illegal and should be scrapped or redesigned, a report has claimed.

It says the UK's "database state" wastes billions from the public purse and often breaches human rights laws.

But the government says the report contains "no substantive evidence" on which to base its conclusions.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Interesting ...

A quarter of government databases are "illegal". That is quite a shocking claim to make.

It said 11 were "almost certainly" illegal under human rights or data protection laws.

Britain is the most surveyed society and I do think that these databases are a step too far towards a totalitarian state.

What do you think about these? Is it just a case of "if you have nothing to hide then you should not worry about it" ?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Personally, I think that there are all types of things going on right in front of our faces that we are so used to seeing that we do not think anything about them.

For example, I am sure that a lot of us are seeing this happen. Do any of you, in the places that you live see liitle businesses popping up that are willing to give you "cash" for all your gold and scrap jewelry??

Well I have seen it in not only my small community but also in other little towns that I have visited. I think that this is the PTB taking the gold right out from under our noses without any of us thinking anything about it at all. We do agree that one day gold will be one of the few things that will be worth anything, right??

Second of all, have any of you noticed where that majority of the stimulus package money that is awarded to each state is going. It's going to the "infrastructure".. Roads, bridges and the like. I wonder why this is. Maybe so the military type force that our cherished president is wanting to place in affect can travel transport without the worry of any problems with the infrastructure itself. At least it is some thing to think about, I think..

I have recently watched some older film documentaries, which in one, it was Eisenhower talking about how the interstate system was built specifically for the military to use for speedy travel. What would the military need the interstates for unless there was a national emergency??

That is just a few, and I am sure that a lot of you in here at ATS have figured some more of them out to. Just wanted to get every one's mind a clicking this morning.

join