It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am I? What do I need to do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I've not been able to sleep tonight, so if I ramble, please forgive me.

Now, onto some thoughts and questions I have.

We all think we know who we are. Many of us are dead set in our beliefs, and many feel that life is a journey which doesn't end at death.

I'm a Catholic. I love my faith, but my views have grown wider then just Christian beliefs. Mainly reincarnation. I don't know if it exists or not, but I'll be telling you why I believe it does in a few paragraphs down.

I'm Norwegian, but I've been raised in the United States. (Consider myself more American then anything else.) And since a very early age, I've felt different. (No, not the *special* kind of different...)

Even to this day, I strive to set myself apart from others around me, I set goals that I know might be too high for myself to achieve, but I'd rather die trying then not try at all and live.

This goes to the very root, core of my existence. Deep down to the inner core of *who* I am. I wrote *who* like that because at times I don't even know who I am.

I'll tell you all a story about me still living in Norway. I was about four years old and my mother had taken me to the park so I could play. After climbing about on playground equipment, I went to sit down. On the bench I was sitting at, I found an old plunger. I then sat and pretended that it was a steering wheel to a car. From what I recall, almost instantly I was in or around 1910. I was sitting in a car puttering by some old cobblestone street with Victorian styled houses to my right. While driving, I saw a lovely lady walk by in a white dress and a white umbrella. She waved to me and smiled, almost like she knew me, I waved back and that was that.

Next thing I remember is looking at the plunger and feeling scared. All of a sudden the playground felt different and I ran to my mom and tried to explain what I experienced.

The part about this is all the detail, from every nook and cranny, from how the car looked inside etc. makes me go "hmm" to this day. At age four I didn't watch TV as we only had two channels and none of them sent any children shows. So my time was spent playing outdoors with my friends. So I personally doubt that it was something I got off from the TV.

Now on to my second "remembrance". I was probably six or seven and now living in California in the mid 80's. (The 80's, a great time to be a kid!)

This is when I can first remember this. I'm at an open field with some sort of monument made of brushed steel, two maybe three pillars are there with a shallow hole in the middle. There's a blackish car behind us, I'm with two other fellows who seem to want to hurt me.

I remember them leading me to the to the pillars, where one of them steps behind me and ends up hitting me hard. I fall into this hole, scared and worried. I see the pillars close over me and I'm laying there in the dirt in the cold.

That's all I remember.

But after this, I've been attracted to big wide open spaces. I've also a fondness of brushed steel ornaments. It reminds me so much of the "remembrance" that I feel completely at ease, bliss.

I have no clue when this was supposed to have happened.

Now for my last experience. I'm guessing this was around the 20's to the 40's. I remembering standing outside a dark wooden door knocking. I hear someone say "come in!" and I step inside. To my front, there's a wall, to my left a closet and to my right a pathway into a living room. The wallpaper is burgundy with a gold leafed design and right in front of you when you first step in is an old wall lamp. I take a right and walk into the living room. It's smoky, and a guy in a suit is sitting on a dark red/burgundy coloured sofa with his feet on a big mahogany table. He's sitting there smoking a cigar with another man standing to his right (my left) which is rather large (muscular) and feels like he's either there to protect the sitting man or run errands for him. I get motioned in to come closer, I look at them both and I feel panic set in.

That's all I remember. I remembered this when I was around six or so.

This begs the questions, are these just a figment of an over-active imagination of a child? Or are they things that I remember from past lives?

All I can really say is that it has had a big impact on who I am, leaves a big question on who I was and leaves me standing with another question, What do I need to do?

If this is indeed a remembrance of another life, maybe I'm remembering it to stop me from making the same mistake? Ending up in a situation which could very well end my life?

It's left me in a place I don't like. I feel like no matter where I go, I don't belong. I keep looking for some where that I'll never find. These feelings reach very deep inside of my soul.

Since I feel this is spiritual, I posted it here.

I look forward to some thoughts, opinions and helpful criticisms.

Peace,
FK

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I lived in the ground for about three months. It was very strange because at night, I would be lying there and I thought I could hear boulders rolling or shifting. I dug this really nice cave dwelling on a steep hillside above a river.
When I was a young kid, I used to go trout fishing right below that spot. I had not been there for a few years, since I was not fishing for a while, and when I went back I could not figure out where my fishing spots were. The thing is, it would change. It might seem bizarre but this was a choke point for a huge watershed, where this river went through the mountains. This was in Southern California and normally, it was a small creek. Every so many years, a heavy rain will come and the water level will rise a hundred feet. So when I returned, everything was different.
I eventually figured out where the places had been and I had this tremendous feeling of relief that I could go back to a nice memory.
So another period went by and I decided to live there, so I dug this place out, over three months with some help and had three people living in this unusual home. I moved away and years later I heard reports that after a flood, no one could find the place. I went back to California to visit and was determined to find it. Now, the original ground was hard decomposed granite, that make for great structure, but hard digging. I was more familiar with the place than anyone else, so I knew I could find the place. What I found was a spot with white beach sand. It was not natural but, in a way it was. The flood came up higher than I thought possible and carried up sand and filled the cave completely up.
So, in a way, the cave is still there but I can not go in it. Digging out the sand would restore it but why bother when it is going to eventually get covered up again. It might take fifty years to happen but the very idea that it will, makes the undertaking futile.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hello There

im a non denominational conservative Christian, so please forgive my answer if it upsets.

Perosnaly i think all PAst life experiesa re either

A) demonic and leading you away from God and truth
b) A message from the lOrd that you have to wake up to and realise and ask for clarification

before i was a Christian many would tell you that i had premonitions etc and that i could pick up knowledge about others etc. When i became a Christian I prayed for God to tell me if this WAS a gift from him or not from him at all. If it wasnt from him then to take it away. It was hard, I had used this "ability" from my teens and was part of me. It has gone

Somethings are from God and others are not. you need to ask him in prayer.

take Care

David

[edit on 23-3-2009 by drevill]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In the bible there are reincarnations of sorts.

John the Baptist is Elijah, but nobody recognizes him. When asked, John says he is not literally Elijah. But Jesus reveals that yes he is in spirit, but nobody recognized him.

What does this mean exactly? To me it means he is reincarnated. But of course, he is not in the same body/flesh/experience as before. He is the same spirit/soul, but he does not have the old memories, he is not the same flesh and so forth.

Matthew 11

13For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

14And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

15He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

As well as

Matthew 17

10And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?

11And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

12But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

13Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Plus, Jesus also says the flesh can die but the soul can not(only by the father). So it doesn't seem out of place that the flesh can be replaced at all.

And in the end, all lives are really just the father, so it is all 1 big "reincarnation" of sorts from the start.

But as far as remembering past lives, I don't know. It would appear that John himself did not remember at all since he said he was not.

As for what you need to do, it would be IMO to find the answer to the first question "Who am I". But not so much in terms of "past" lives, but in terms of the current. As even if you had a past life, obviously neither life was truly "you". What is the difference between the life, and that which experiences the life?

[edit on 23-3-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Thank you all for the helpful comments.

I will be doing some praying over this in hopes to get some answers. If it is "demonic" I want nothing to do with it.

But I did like badmedia's input. And one thing did ring true, "You need to find out who you are."

I am pretty lost in terms on who I am today and where I'm going. Since I moved back to Norway, I've hit a dead-end. Been in the same place for around eight years and it's painful to watch life pass by.

I need to know who I am in order to continue my life. But the problem is, I don't know if I'll find out exactly who I am without knowing who I was if indeed my "remembrances" are indeed past life experiences.

Either way, I need guidance. I'm worried I'll not have realized anything before it's too late.

Peace,
FK

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that you need to reverse your attitude about your "memories". Very young children can recall things from before we were born. I can remember when I was very young, sitting around discussing with my brothers and sisters what we remembered. At a certain point the brain goes through a change that blocks out those things. What I mean about your attitude is that I feel you had these experiences later in your life than would be normal. You may have needed to know what you learned through these experiences. The fact that you can clearly recall them, is rather extraordinary. You should be happy that you have this and not to think that you somehow missed out on something or that you need further such input.
Anyway, just a thought. I am a Steamlink subscriber to Coast to Coast AM radio program and they talk about paranormal stuff all the time so I have a certain insight, plus my own experiences. I have been strangely taken out of my body and gone to other places so I know it happens and that kind of goes with my first thing, which is be glad that you have passed through a lot of things that are not of this current time and you came back. I do not mean Norway, but to this planet. The sense of loss is about the strongest emotion we are capable of and it can get to the best of us. So turn it around to focus on what you have gained and still have.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Thank you all for the helpful comments.

I will be doing some praying over this in hopes to get some answers. If it is "demonic" I want nothing to do with it.

But I did like badmedia's input. And one thing did ring true, "You need to find out who you are."

I am pretty lost in terms on who I am today and where I'm going. Since I moved back to Norway, I've hit a dead-end. Been in the same place for around eight years and it's painful to watch life pass by.

I need to know who I am in order to continue my life. But the problem is, I don't know if I'll find out exactly who I am without knowing who I was if indeed my "remembrances" are indeed past life experiences.

Either way, I need guidance. I'm worried I'll not have realized anything before it's too late.

Peace,
FK

If you seek you will find. How does one seek? To seek, one must ask questions. Who do you ask questions too? The bible says trust no man, that the father is within as well as the kingdom of heaven. Thus, these are questions you need to ask and answer yourself(which will mean you have understanding).

What are you? Well what are you not? Can one be their possessions? Are you your car? Are you your house? Are you your job? What about your body? If it is "yours", then it is also a possession as well isn't it? Is it "your" individual consciousness/soul?

What does it mean to observe creation? What does it mean "to be"? What is real?

If our eyes collect light, turn that light into electrical waves which travel to the back of the brain, then converted again into what we "see", then to what are those images being presented too?

What did Jesus mean by this?

John 14:20 - At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Ask ask ask away. And do not worry about the demon thing, it's not going to happen as long as you are asking the questions in the right direction. This is laid out in Matthew 7.

7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Just gotta make sure you are asking and listening in the right direction is all, if you are asking the father and not other men, then you don't need to worry about getting a serpent rather than a fish. All men/women, myself included - even if I tell you the right answers, it's worthless unless you have your own understanding, and that is something only you can do for yourself. Doors can be shown, but you still have to knock and walk through it yourself.

Discussion is still good as it brings about understanding and question we may not have thought of, but in the end you can't really trust what anyone "knows", you have to know/understand it yourself. The father gives wisdom.

top topics

join