It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Difference Between an Amerikan and an American

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
AMERIKANS...

AMERIKANS are the ones who cant think for themselves. They believe that everything will be okay while they stick their head in the sand. They continue to support and follow inept leaders such as our current president and congress. They live uneducated and ignorant to the cold hard facts that stare them right in the face. AMERIKANS cannot see pass their lies and come to terms with the fact that we are in trouble if we continue to head down this path. They are bored with their own lives and would rather turn to social conformity than think for themselves.

MEANWHILE an AMERICAN is anyone who...

Is not bored with their life and can think for themselves

Sees past the lies being fed to them by both parties

Doesnt conform to society and the Obama sensation

Cringes when they hear Nancy Pelosi give another speech about how Obama is the best thing for this country

Cringes at the sight of Nancy Pelosi alone

Has enough common sense to see the stimulus bill wont work

Can read between the lines

Is worried about Lady Justice and Liberty being raped by wall street fat cats and corrupt bureaucrats

JUSTICE IS LOST... JUSTICE IS RAPED... JUSTICE IS GONE

[edit on 09/20/2008 by ki11ma11]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Didn't Green Day have an album and song called Amerikan idiot a few years ago? The song states pretty much what you said.

So how did you "coin" that term?

Edit to add- Rammstein also had a song called Amerika a year or so before Green Days album. It pretty much talked about those who don't see what is happening and only like wonder bras and coca cola.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by jd140]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Good point, I guess I used the wrong wordage when referring to coined... I should of just left it at the difference between an AMERICAN and an AMERIKAN...
By the way AMERIKA by Rammstein is an awesome song. Green Day is horrible.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ki11ma11
AMERIKANS are the ones who cant think for themselves. They believe that everything will be okay while they stick their head in the sand.

I hate to tell you this (it's a cliché, I know), but:

All generalizations are false, including this one

Here it is how I mathematically see it: Americans + Amerikans = Gringos

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ki11ma11

Rammstein is great, saw them in Munich when I was in Germany. The song sucks though compared to their other stuff. I only knew of the Green Day song and album because the wife likes them.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm another one that's confused as to how you've coined the term 'Amerika'. It's been in general usage long before your post. There was a television series in the late 1980s about the American worst possible nightmare scenario of the Russians invading America called, funnily enough: Amerika.

To be honest, I'm as willing to flip your definitions around and say that generally it's Americans - rather than Amerikans - who have have swallowed the propaganda and the conformity &c. that you're accusing 'Amerikans' of. The vast bulk of Americans who seem themselves as true Americans have tied themselves into 2 party politics and conform to accepted ideas as to what constitutes an American society &c.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You all bring up good interesting points, and I do agree Rammstein was best pre REISE REISE. Back to the thread however. I associate AMERIKANS with stupidity since it is a slang term used for AMERICAN... I associate AMERICAN with well informed, educated, think for themselves, hard working, and loyal citizens of AMERICA that won't sit back and let their country be manhandled. Basically because it is the educated and correct way to say American. See what Im tryin to get at? lol So in a way you could say I coined the reversal of the definitions of the two words.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Come on. You can't take two words and switch the definitions around. You thought you coined a phrase and you forgot that its been around for a while.

There isn't any harm in that, mistakes happen. Just let it be.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Come on. You can't take two words and switch the definitions around. You thought you coined a phrase and you forgot that its been around for a while. There isn't any harm in that, mistakes happen.

Yep, to err is human and all that.

Just let it be.

Yep, and it would be great if he could stop shoe-horning the same 'coining of a phrase' into as many threads as possible.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm just curious - is this thread going to be about music or "The Difference Between an Amerikan and an American"?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ki11ma11
MEANWHILE an AMERICAN is anyone who...

Is not bored with their life and can think for themselves

Yes, like those who get their information off fox news, WND, Limbaugh and all those other proganderist wingnut news outlets. These folks cant think objectevly, hate the "different" regardless and troll 24/7.

Sees past the lies being fed to them by both parties

So everybody who supports either party is not a true american? There are people who have legit reasons for supporting either party. Its their choice. We have a diverse nation, its time you respect fact and respect your fellow american. Acting all "different" and "rebellious" by not supporting either Dem or Republicans doesnt mean your any better of an american that those who know their stuff but support either party. Get off yourself.

Doesnt conform to society

So then what are you? A rebel without a cause? sheeze seriously how old are you? Who you trying impress here?

and the Obama sensation

I support Obama, so automatically Im not a true american? Who are you to tell me or others here whether we are or not true americans? I support the constitution as well, freedom of religion, choice and path of ones life. Im as true american as anybody else. You sir are not a true constitutionalist american. One that outcasts those of different belief, those who choose to carry out their freedom of choice. Why dont you cut out the act.

Cringes when they hear Nancy Pelosi give another speech about how Obama is the best thing for this country

Cringes at the sight of Nancy Pelosi alone

Typical... a fringer who pretends not to be for any party, by yet spends 99% of the thread bashing liberals and liberal beliefs. So me as liberal, choose to carry out my given right to freedom of belief, am not a true american? Where do you get off? Who are you to tell me Im not a true american? Who are you to make such generalizations of your fellow americans? Have you know respect?

This was truly a disgusting thread. How dare you call out your fellow americans like that. There are those Democrats/liberals and republican/conservatives who love this country and support the constitution. Where do you get off with this garbage?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I've been musing this over. One of things I don't like about this idea is that 'Amerika' ties in with this peculiar idea that foreign (which is alluded to with the spelling) which seems weirdly xenophobic for a country which, when suits, claims to be a nation of immigrants.

How about dumping this angle to describe 'phony Americans'? How about Sham-ericans instead?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
To be fair to the word "Amerika" it was a the name of a book in 1927 about a young European emigrant who goes to America to escape a scandal he was a part off back in his home country.

It is also an alternative political spelling for America if the person using it believes that America is becoming a fascist or Communist country. Which I guess is the nearest thing regarding the word when it comes to this thread

Lastly, Amerika it is the actual spelling for America in Romanised Japanese, Germany and countries that share close language links with Germany (North Germanic languages).

So since Amerika as to be as old as the word America (When you consider the actual spelling in some countries) is itself its going to be foolish to claim to know who coined the term for those of you discussing who coined it. As its going to have been used for hundreds if years.

new topics

top topics

join