It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Careening Towards Disaster (and Taking the Country With It)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Obama Administration Careening Towards Disaster (and Taking the Country With It)

www.opednews.com

...the Obama administration is announcing plans to blow another $1 trillion in a massive taxpayer giveaway to investors who...

...the Goldman cabal burrowed deep inside the Washington apparatus is working not to rescue the US economy, but rather to ensure the survival and enrichment of the big banking establishment...

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Ron Paul Introduces Bill to Audit the FED
Ron Paul: Quit bankrupting this country & Monitor The Federal Reserve

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I like Dave Lindorff's style of writing/reporting. Here, he says institutions who made bad bets should be allowed to fail.

Harsh! But actually he kinda makes a little sense, in how an example would be made. Is this what YOU think should happen?

With advisors linked to Goldman Sachs, given $10 bil in Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP) and another $13 bil secretly laundered through AIG, this is GRAND LARCENY isn't it?

I don't know about you, folks, but I'm dizzy by all this, and thinking about Ron Paul's proposal for accountability, aren't you?

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
They've dug the hole and bought an expensive headstone.

Taking us down with them.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
To be fair though, much of what is happening was inherited from the outgoing administration, and the one before that, and the one before that.
Things just didn't start going belly-up as soon as Obama took office, they were already well under way log before anyone had even heard of Obama.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yes, but Obama isnt doing much to help the situation is he?

I know the guy inherited all this and respect him for TRYING to fix it, but he's going about it the wrong way.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Obama: Banker’s boy to the bone. Just like Bush, et al.

We are witnessing the looting of a collapsing American empire, and it's all according to plan.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

And exactly how do you think most of these companies made it out of the 1930's intact? Think about it. They did the same thing back then! They kept jacking up the market to take a profit till it straight fell apart and the bottom fell out.

What really makes this bad is that there is alot more people now and it isn't going to take years as everyone thinks.Not all people are as gullible as we would make them out to be.

new topics

top topics

join