It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think Reptilians don't exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
@AshleyD

Shape shifting reptilians … it may be hard to believe, but how much do we really know about reality?

I think I only quote a quote from the book "Holographic Universe" as a response to your posting:

Miracles happen, not in opposition to Nature,
but in opposition to what we know of Nature.
- St. Augstine

I know we aren't talking about miracles, but I am sure you catch my drift.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm convinced they're transdimensional beings and they influence and possess humans.

I like what you wrote very much. With out limited perception, everything becomes transdimensional.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Why am I not allowed to assume? Sure, I haven't read any of the guy's books, but do I need to? I get his idea...I've heard it around many places, and especially around here, any I haven't even been on ATS for very long.

The idea of reptilians ruling the world just sounds insane. Do I totally dismiss it? No. Am I skeptical? Of cousre. With all of Icke's books and lectures, it just seems the man has latched onto his own wild idea and is rolling with it to make some money. Don't discredit my intellectual capacity for not believing a man's theory.

I'll tell you what though. Some of the people here feel VERY strongly about this topic, so I'd like for you to recommend me a book of his to read regarding this reptilian conspiracy. I will be honest that I'm not being quite fair by automatically dismissing him, but you must admit, the idea is very eccentric.

And on a related note, I received a David Icke DVD from Netflix a while back. I tried to watch it, but the quality of the video and the audio was pretty bad, so I couldn't even watch it. That, however, doesn't take into account my feelings towards Icke. I'm just saying I wasn't able to learn more about him and his theory.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by arkturus]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Making assumptions is easy and most likely comes quite naturally to many people. Of course, you are entitled to your assumptions. No, you don't have to read any books from David Icke. I am positive that his videos are sufficient, but books go into greater detail. On the other hand, if you had great experiences yourself, the books would only tell you a lot what you already know. Having said that, no matter what books or people say, you should always think for yourself. Of course, it becomes more and more difficult due to the number of distractions that present obstacles in one's life, in other words: too many sources that attempt to influence your way of thinking don't facilitate it to think for oneself

Having said that too, I am positive that if you want to think for yourself, you can discard all what I have said about and just think for yourself. People laugh at you? Who cares? They think you are nuts? Who cares?
That's what David Icke does. He thinks for himself. And does he care what others think? No.

Just because something sounds completely insane doesn't make it impossible. In fact, one's own limited thinking and understanding is a product of all these neat variables that influence you on your daily basis. We usually don't see the most obvious, for example our nose. Do you pay much attention to your nose? No. But it's funny that you can see the tip of your nose and you still screen it out on a daily basis, huh? How much is there we don't see? Oh my goodness, so much. Why don't we usually hear our heart? Screened out.

I don't discredit your intellectual capacity for not believing his theory, but I consider statements like that his man is insane as ignorant. If you stand on a mountain top, no matter in what direction you look, never forget to turn and see what is behind and next to you.

You don't need to read any of his books or watch any of his videos.
Just ask yourself two questions: "Is it possible that I judge overhastily? Could I possbily be wrong?"

The audio and video was pretty bad. All right, if you are not currently living in China, you should have access to YouTube or DavidIcke.com, watch something, but seriously, you can also listen to it.

And once again, it is not about watching stuff and believing or disbelieving it, I think the most important issue raised is if one is willing to consider possibilities.

Greetings

[edit on 24-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

If they control the media, chemtrails, history, etc. they can convince almost ANYONE.

If you control the past, you control the future, and the minds of the people.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arkturus

If you think about it a little, what really is insane?

I think people working a 9-5 on a treadmill type of life, then dying poor is insane, but it's happening.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
What is "Insane" is humans believing that seeing is believing. Or perhaps, that with our absolutely tiny percpection of reality, that we have the ability to determine other people insane who are doing everything they can to help us see bigger pictures, to look outside our own minds, and to try and comprehend a Universe rich and teeming with life on all levels of creation. That's insane.

Thank goodness for people like David Icke who are trying to stretch themselves and our limits of what we tell ourselves is possible.

Thank goodness for people willing to overcome and conquer what most other people deem insane... if they didn't we would never grow.

Thank goodness for anyone willing to embrace anything and everything radically different from what everyone else claims to be reality.

What you can imagine is your reality, that's where most of our creative power comes from. Art and music are wonderful examples, why stop there?

I can only hope that in time people begin to start asking BIGGER questions, without fear of what other people think. Humanity needs a massive reality check. Our arrogance and ignorance is decimating our creativity, people are afraid to speak openly about anything different, AFRAID to challenge themselves and other, the system itself.

There are so many of you who are going to have your belief systems completely destroyed against your will and your own personal choice one day. Start thinking a. and stop being limited by proof, science, and your 5 very limited senses.

I would be willing to bet on my life, which itself is infinite, that there are intelligent species of everything you can and cannot imagine out there. Why do so many choose limitation?

When you look in the mirror do we see the past or look into the future?

We evolved from monkeys they say... that's the most insane thing I've ever been told or taught in my entire life, bar none. We're so convinced of that on such a large scale, that we play out that role! Perfect way to manipulate and control. But I digress.

Universe + Infinite consciencesness= all bets off the table. You be the judge. You be the one to limit yourselves, I won't and nor will many others. Celebrate our ability to overcome limitation and fear instead of embracing it.

Absolutely anything is possible. Anything.

Be In Peace.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Asmus]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Asmus]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have a very simple theory. Because man [Homo sapiens if you prefer, savage beasts/"F"ing idiots is what we really are, trying to give of the illusion of being human] devoloped in a very short space of time leaving plenty of room in the past for another creature to excist. Just because we have no fossil remains does not mean they do not excist.

As far as i know along with some other guys they live inside the earth, which makes sense if you had been around a couple of ELE's [extinction-level event] one might find it a far more safer prospect, and after all they are Lizards.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by kode]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWriter

Miracles happen, not in opposition to Nature,
but in opposition to what we know of Nature.
- St. Augstine

I know we aren't talking about miracles, but I am sure you catch my drift.

Greetings

excellent quote!

I'm with Ashley on this one, although skeptical, there does seem to be an awful lot of coincidences. To just shrug them off seems foolish to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Because there is no substantial data that supports this claim.

I've watched RIDICULOUS youtube videos of news casters, presidents, random people with their eyes acting retarded, and the explanation was PROVED.

1. Video Compression
2. Video Editing.

Listen, I believe in aliens 110%, because anyone who doesn't is a imbecile. There is to many scientists that have wrote equations to support this, there is to many reports of people seeing aliens. And there is a god awful amount of people as myself who have personally witnessed *CRAFT* NOT RANDOM SWAMP GAS OR CHINESE LANTERNS MOVE INTELLIGENTLY THROUGHOUT THE SKY.

Now, it may have been human or alien. But bottom line is some of the UFOs are just simply not from this planet.

Reptillian theories have no substantial data.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join