It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Bread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hello ATS'ers...A rather compelling little story for your entertainment, or bewilderment...

Well, I am a server at The Cheesecake Factory, and today was a typical Sunday....I was taking care of a party of about 20...they had drinks and bread on the table and were waiting for their entrees to come out. At the Cheesecake Factory, we serve a loaf of sourdough bread and a honey whole-wheat bread. While refilling some beverages, one of my guests said to me... "'Scuse me, can we get some more of that Obama bread?" A little confused, I said... "I'm sorry?" "Some more Obama bread. It's soo good." Me: "Do you mean the honey whole-wheat bread?" Guest: "Yea...the Obama bread"

What does this even mean? I've heard our honey whole wheat bread called pumpernickel, molasses, and even chocolate bread...but Obama bread? Where did this come from? Don't get me wrong, I voted for President Obama and support him fully in office, but is he really this big of a trend? It's not really his fault....but I just don't understand. Is everything that is black or brown now considered "Obama-insert noun?"

Thoughts? I'm still laughing, but I'm a little baffled.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

MMMM obama bread. How about some obamalade and fresh squeezed obama-berry juice to go with it.

How funny, never heard of it myself, then again i live in aus.

Cherry

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Haha at first I thought your restaurant was actually serving bread shaped like Obama's face of something lol. It wouldn't be so farfetched considering the other day at my work I noticed we are now selling Obama Chia Pets. One face is "determined", and the other I forget!

too

much.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ok.. I know this may be taken wrong by some people... but it is NOT meant to be racist in any form or fashion.

Could they be referring to the "color" of the bread?

That is the only similarity I can think of between the two.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

that was my point, and i am not trying to be racist either...but it is a brown bread. but why in the world is it necessary to relate anything "brown" to our president? I just don't get it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Oh dear i was going to write something, but it is just tooooo low brow. GO OBAMA!!

Cherry

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Hmm, I know you probably do not have the answer to this.... but did they seem to be in favor of Obama?

Did they sound sarcastic when actually saying "obama-bread"? The inflection and tone of the way this person said it could tell alot.

Beyond that.. it is a new one on me too.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Asking for Obama bread because it is brown is actually really stupid.

Can I ask my wife to pick up Obama cookies at the store because he is half white and half black (oreos).

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It was a very serious, positive inflection. When I asked if they meant they honey whole wheat bread, they replied with "yea, the obama bread." like it was the most normal thing in the world... or that I should have known what they were talking about. Lol.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I don't know.. perhaps they really think Obama is sweet! It kind sounds like a double edged comment actually. I don't blame you for being mystified.

What the.... ?

IRM

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Interesting. Like you what came to my mind was the color issue.

I wonder though of the possibilty of this persons friends playing a trick on them and telling them that is what cheesecake factory calls it...?

I dont know. I havent heard that before

Thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
Hello ATS'ers...A rather compelling little story for your entertainment, or bewilderment...

Well, I am a server at The Cheesecake Factory, and today was a typical Sunday....I was taking care of a party of about 20...they had drinks and bread on the table and were waiting for their entrees to come out. At the Cheesecake Factory, we serve a loaf of sourdough bread and a honey whole-wheat bread. While refilling some beverages, one of my guests said to me... "'Scuse me, can we get some more of that Obama bread?" A little confused, I said... "I'm sorry?" "Some more Obama bread. It's soo good." Me: "Do you mean the honey whole-wheat bread?" Guest: "Yea...the Obama bread"

What does this even mean? I've heard our honey whole wheat bread called pumpernickel, molasses, and even chocolate bread...but Obama bread? Where did this come from? Don't get me wrong, I voted for President Obama and support him fully in office, but is he really this big of a trend? It's not really his fault....but I just don't understand. Is everything that is black or brown now considered "Obama-insert noun?"

Most AMERIKANS are stupid and ignorant and believe whatever they hear. They live their lives shallowly and are often so bored with themselves that they focus on certain people like celebs. Obama is nothing but a rockstar and a celeb who would rather throw lavish cocktail parties than lead a country and fix this mess were in. So it doesnt surprise me one bit that a ignorant AMERIKAN wants their OBAMA bread... However there are AMERICANS such as me and many many others on this site that can see the past lies and BS. When Obama prints off another trillion dollars and finally bankrupts the country all well be eating is OBAMA bread.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ki11ma11

Your blanket association of "Americans" is uncalled for and untruthful, "kill-em-all".

It is this type of attitude that brings discussions down into trolling arguments and flamewars.

We deny ignorance here.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
AMERIKANS in my opinion are people who cant see the facts and follow whatever they are told. They cant wait to get home and watch E! to see what antics Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan are up to, or what awesome thing Obama said on Leno. AMERICANS are the ones who see that our current country is not headed in the right direction and see past the lies that Obama and every other politician throw out. AMERICANS are the ones who don't agree with lavish cocktail parties being thrown every week, their president receiving a hundred grand donation from AIG fat cat CEOs, and someone who'd rather enjoy some good laughs on Leno than lead a country and fix this spiraling out of control problem we are in. Ignorance is denied here, but have you yourself denied it? It gives me hope to see so many here who don't follow the social conformity of love Obama or you're not American! The people on this list is not American... It is the list of people who received money from the AIG scandal... The very people some of you on this thread voted for and support... I have the link here... LINK

Dodd, Chris (D-CT) $103,100

Obama, Barack (D-IL) $101,332

McCain, John (R-AZ) $59,499

Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) $35,965

Baucus, Max (D-MT) $24,750

Romney, Mitt (R) $20,850

Biden, Joseph R Jr (D-DE) $19,975

Larson, John B (D-CT) $19,750

Sununu, John E (R-NH) $18,500

Giuliani, Rudolph W (R) $13,200

Kanjorski, Paul E (D-PA) $12,000

Durbin, Dick (D-IL) $11,000

Perlmutter, Edwin G (D-CO) $10,500

[edit on 09/20/2008 by ki11ma11]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I think we can talk about color without having to put the "Whoah wait a mo' I aint racist ok!?" disclaimer in our posts..

I would say they where probably talking about the color of the bread. Or perhaps one of them at a rally got nice and close to Obama and licked him, and found he surprisingly tastes like Honey Wheat Bread.

I remember eating there once (I hated the food
) and I cannot imagine any other reference to Obama that can relate to the bread.

ki11ma11 You earn the "Most Ignorant Post(s) of the Week Award!!!" With the Award comes a significant rolling-of-the-eyes by everyone who reads your posts, followed by a falling of respect due to your over generalized and rather off topic remarks.
Yay for you!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

It was a very serious, positive inflection. When I asked if they meant they honey whole wheat bread, they replied with "yea, the obama bread." like it was the most normal thing in the world... or that I should have known what they were talking about. Lol.
you seemed to figure it out pretty quick

Medz, someone probably forgot to take them.

My guess would be that they were making a racist comment. White sourdough bread, brown wheat bread, and some people are just sickeningly racist individuals to say such a thing, and others are sick enough to laugh at such things.

I just want to know, how come you did not ask them what they meant? You know, act dumb and say "I don't know what you are talking about" until they asked for the bread in a respectful manner?

Peace

Edit for typo

[edit on 23-3-2009 by amazed]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Please keep it ON TOPIC. This is not an open invitation to do some "Obama Bashing" or even "hate speech" towards America/ns.

Civility and Decorum are Required

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

STOP, you are making me HUNGRRRY! Now I have to go make a sandwich
Lol.

I have always just called it Pumpernickel, and I do not know of any other name for the type of bread.

As for "Obama Bread", I have no idea if the guy meant it as a Slight, or if he is truly that "Punch Drunk" from Obamamania.

I swear though, lol, my sis is a Waitress, and I always hear the craziest stories from her about customer encounters.

new topics

top topics

join