It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this world seem scripted to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
All I have to say is the time we're living in seems like we're completing another major chapter in a already scripted book.

To the founding of America, to the civil war, to the world wars, to the assassinations of Abe Lincoln, Kennedy MLK. To 9/11 that shocked the entire world and the unforgettable video of Bush in a classroom just standing there. Now the crisis in America that might end up as a war of the U.S. citizens fighting the military being ran by corrupt government.

I don't know about you, but it just seems that we're apart of a huge entertaining yet epic story. Either way, the chapters have probably already been written, and time is reading it to us.

Does anyone agree?

[edit on 23-3-2009 by doorbell412]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Aaahhh!!! We are a TV show to the gods, I hope the producers decide on a script change soon.

2nd or 3rd line

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Some would say that the events are scripted. You are judged in this life by how you react and the choices you make given the situations, life experiences, and events that revolve around you.

You are the main character in a book... your own. One person can make a difference. That difference can be good or bad but it continues to shape the script in small ways.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well some argue the world bankers have been planning control since the early 1700s, and their families have continued the tradition. Go even further back and some may link certain families to the secret societies which continue to have ties to modern events. Makes you wonder right? 20th century seemed like one hell of a chapter if you choose to bullet point events. You're not alone in your thinking friend!

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Sikmike620]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yes, it is scripted. There is a master timeline. This is a big part of all the various occult jibberish hinting here and there.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

Yep, look around you, everybody's acting the same nowadays, they even look alike! Oh yes the teens especially... They all look and act the same!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Indeed it appears that way, this i think though is due to people documenting it, would you feel the same way if you never taught history at all, whether it be through teachers, generational stories, books, t.v. ect. The only thing else you would have to left i think would be your personal memories and with know knowledge of the past previous to your existence, i'm not sure you would feel the same.

That said though, and with knowledge of our past, i can't help but share that feeling also. If the memories of every human being since day one were stored and then it would make one heck of an epic - too noisy to think about really, like white noise, arghhh maybe not such a good idea, or serious editing required

I also agee with an earlier poster that your life is your own story, it is, and you are able to manipulate that story to a degree, you certainly can choose how the lead character (you) acts and the image they create. but still, we are one part of a larger story, and one larger than that, and possibly even so and so on - erm you could even say like a Never Ending Story

[edit on 23-3-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Its like a global "The Trueman Show". I also think that we have been scripted, it all seems to be rolling off one after the other at an almost perfect rate, not crossing over and getting in the others way. I guess we are all part of the "Grand Design" of the NWO.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Some Christians, such as myself, would say that the world is scripted [for lack of a better term]. Although, not EVERY single event is planned out in advance, but rather, God has a plan for the world, and every event in that plan contribute to it's ultimate ending.

That being said, I do believe that the "powers that be" do, in a way way, script things that go on around the world. I often wonder what the news would be like if some of the events that get non-stop coverage wouldn't be covered so much. Here in Germany, on CNN International, when the Sri Lankan cricket team was ambushed, I though the end of it it would never come. The same with the Amsterdam plane crash--someone from another planet would think that the world was coming to an end. Don't even get me started on this economic crisis!

I personally believe that they cover it continually to make people feel gloomy and hopeless and then, all their plans [that really shouldn't] will work and it will be a push to unite the world under one government because whoever is that one that "succeeds" will be branded a messianic type figure. They unknowlingly are scripting the world for their benefit but it ultimately will end up coinciding with God's plan with them losing.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412

I don't know about you, but it just seems that we're apart of a huge entertaining yet epic story. Either way, the chapters have probably already been written, and time is reading it to us.

Does anyone agree?

I agree, it seems all to real to be surreal.

Where is my risidual check, darnit?!!!!!

edit for quote 'fixin

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412
All I have to say is the time we're living in seems like we're completing another major chapter in a already scripted book.

To the founding of America, to the civil war, to the world wars, to the assassinations of Abe Lincoln, Kennedy MLK. To 9/11 that shocked the entire world and the unforgettable video of Bush in a classroom just standing there. Now the crisis in America that might end up as a war of the U.S. citizens fighting the military being ran by corrupt government.

Does anyone agree?

[edit on 23-3-2009 by doorbell412]

Interesting. Maybe other beings are using us to put on a play of sorts. All of us are characters in the play of life on earth. like in southpark except it's a play and not a tv show.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,

The above is an extract from the play As You Like it by William Shakespeare

The entire monologue is very interesting.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I occasionally get that "Truman Show" feeling but then something random and odd happens to snap me out of it. At the end of the day, there's only 2 major scripts being played out: that of God and that of the NWO/PTB/Whatever. God's plan will succeed, as for the other...if the level of competency in the federal government is an indication of the level of competency in the NWO, things look grim for them.

TheAssociate

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Naturally the word is a scripted place. Contrary to popular belief it is the future which holds the greatest sway over the present - the past can be interpreted and reimagined through the dreams of those who think on a larger dimension of time. Look at your religious texts if you desire a greater understanding of the nature of this scripted reality - the vast majority speak of the end of humanity, though the end times were thousands of years in the future. We are capable of tapping into the divine infinity - seeing a small fragment of eternity and determining where the fractal will play out from there over the course of much time.

Yes, indeed, it is quite scripted - but what are the implications of this upon your own existence? Do you seek to alter the script and take part in its manifestation or simply stand on the sidelines as the inevitable blossoms? The choice is yours.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by illusionincarnate

I would suggest that life and history are completely scripted in that problems are created which we are expected to react to in a way anticipated by those who create the 'problems'. ie wars, economic collapse....

If we don't react in the way they expect then we have achieved freedom from their stupid game.

The trick is to understand that all popular culture is programming.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think we in the modern world suffer from a malady I have termed "narrative poisoning" elsewhere. We are surrounded by narratives, or stories. Everything we do is a story. We read constantly, we surf the net, we watch TV, we play videogames. All of these things are stories, in a sense, that they have a beginning, a middle, and an end, and they have a purpose and a meaning that you are supposed to "get" by experiencing the narrative.

Mankind has always been a great storyteller, but until quite recently we didn't experience anywhere near the amount of narrative events that we do today. Consider the typical person 200, 500, 1000, or 5,000 years ago. He was probably a farmer and he spent most of his days hoeing beans or something similar. Maybe he'd tell a story around the campfire at night or engage in a little local gossip, but most of his experience wasn't so meaningful. He was just hoeing his little bean-patch, trying to get by.

Now compare that to the average person today. They get up and surf the net, read stories, watch TV, play videogames. They go to work at a "career" that is supposed to unfold like a story, with "career development" and (hopefully) a "happy ending." Career counselors even coach people to think of their careers in terms of "what kind of story you want your career to tell." Everything, from the most minute level to the grand unforlding of your life, seems to vibrate with meaning. We are the heroes of the movies we are supposed to be making with our lives.

I think humanity needs stories and narratives, but things have gotten a bit out of hand over the last 100 years or so with the extreme proliferation of the mass media. People aren't comfortable with a meaningless, non-narrative experience anymore, and they tend to look obsessively for meaning in everything. Maybe its healthy to take a deep breath and remind ourselves that sometimes things just happen. Sometimes beanfields just get hoed and beans get grown and eaten, and that's all there is to it -- no great mystery, no heroic quest. In all things, keeping a balance is important. Too much narration is just as bad as too little.

[edit on 3/25/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Fascinating idea! I believe though that the word storytelling simply means a communication designed to portray some fundamental element of existence in the form of a parable. Like you said, life itself has no beginning, middle, or end - so the stories contain an innate disconnect from the truth of it all. The disconnect is getting greater and greater as the ages pass - due to the manipulative intent of the pinnacle of the hierarchy - itself a great hydra expanding at an exponential rate - to the point where mankind is saturated with a great sea of false realities - through osmosis each finds its proper mental receptical and begins integrating itself into their worldview, or making the reciever an extension of an alien dream.

So where does one find the light of truth in a swamp of ignorance? In my experience it does not exist isolated but can be found through slogging through the muck.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by illusionincarnate]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by illusionincarnate]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Very well said, Star for you!
this is definitely an angle I haven't given enough thought to.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I wouldn't say scripted so much.... but someone is definitely pulling the strings and certain things are "planned"

I think at times though they're "ad-libbing"

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players."

who wrote the script, and who's the director?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join