It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories why aliens might exist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am a skeptic. Now that, that's out of the way I had several theories about why aliens might be monitoring us or just curious.

My biggest theory was that we are some kind of social experiment. Like a farm of ants that can think, cheat, steal, and manipulate. They abduct maybe to see if the evolutionary change is substantial or not. They make quest appearances to remind us who is mightier? They might have planted us here millennia ago to see if earth can sustain life or such and now earth has become a breeding ground for other intelligent beings? There is evidence in Aztec culture of a humanoid like creature bestowing knowledge unto the primitive culture.

paradigmprobe.blogspot.com...

I just want to see what other theories are out there and if your sure of your theory and you can provide some evidence please post. I have seen a video of a missile shot from somewhere in our states that was shot at some UFO flying just above the earths atmosphere. The craft had dodged the missile just at the last second. I still remain a skeptic and the video could have been modified, but trust must be put somewhere, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The fact that "authority" of this planet tells us they don't exist should be enough to show you they do.

Common sense alone should show you that life exists throughout the Universe. Why would life only pop-up on one planet out of gazillions?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Excellent point, but my discussion is about the theories. There are government cover ups, I believe, but why? why would they hide such a great truth?

But I guess no one can actually have the real answer with such limited sources?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrlJester
Excellent point, but my discussion is about the theories. There are government cover ups, I believe, but why? why would they hide such a great truth?

My main theory for why it is covered up is because of the free-energy technology.

If we knew aliens really crashed here and that governments were surpressing free energy technology that could basically end the need for "money" as we know it we would obviously be very upset for still having to pay for electricity, gas, etc.

The elite want to keep their stranglehold on us by essentially making us slaves working every day to pay bills that most likely could be eliminated with alien technology. It's a huge manipulative system to keep us in our little bubble and think we're alone in the Universe.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
My theory is that it is a centuries old alien initiated false flag against the greys and reptiles, humans, and off site humanoids to the beginings and ends of vying for the market on Earth and it's commodoties, while killing off the competition at home and abroad using a low overhead workforce: US and them.

It needs some refinement-the theory.

Carians maybe. *Ducks* (joke).

Maybe the world's population was inflated for a future physical harvesting as part of a treaty between world's and species we do not even know about-so one species will refrain from consuming the other.

Maybe it is just our turn.
Maybe there was a time in our ancient history where we did this to some other species. And it is our penance.

We did get an awful lot of people all of a sudden.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CrlJester

If there is a cover-up, I think it's because we really don't have the upper hand and are playing the game on their (the ET's) terms. The military probably can't control airspace incursions or abductions, they probably don't understand the the whole picture and to suggest as much to the population would probably cause a lot of fear. Humans by nature as always fearful of the unknown and things we cannot control.

IRM

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
A reason is if there are no aliens then it`s a waste of galactic space and another reason is how about UFO sightings,Nazi actually having contact with UFO`s!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My personal pet theory is that the alien agenda is one of containment and monitoring. Going from a human perspective (the only one we have as a yardstick), it matches their reported actions and behaviors. My guess is that we learned to split the atom before our "time" to do so, as judged by other past civilizations, and this wake-up call went out into the Universe and made them set up shop to keep the pesky humans in their place until we could be "worthy" of being galactic citizens. That said, we've never been big fans of being told what to do, so this could be a constant negotiation point between us and them.....

There's nothing to base this on however, except gut instinct, and application of their behaviors in our context....so it's all conjecture.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Interesting take, Gazrok....

Except....and I'm not counting this out as a possibility....how are communications conducted between the star systems?

Speculation, that is really where we stand, currently. Attempting to piece together disparate reports, and wondering if some of them are intentionally inserted to deflect or confuse....

(reminds me of the 'Cold War'.....)

As to WHY aliens, or 'EBE's, or other intelligences in our, or other Galaxies might exist?? I refer you to the 'Drake Equation'. Most know of this....

However, while I come down firmly on the side of other intelligent species in our Galaxy, I also recognize the incredible time-scales involved. What that means is, the possiblity of EVERY technological civilization having a parallel development, or in other words, being 'equal' in their technology seems unlikely.

Simply observe our own planet!!!

Just to whet a few appetites....consider this: IF the large reptiles of Earth's history, tens of millions of years ago, had had a chance to evolve into sentient beings, then we hominids wouldn't be here typing about it on an online forum such as ATS.

UNLESS sentience sprang up unilaterally, at approximately the same time, throughout our Galaxy (and 'time' is so irrelevant....save for another discussion) then the argument becomes moot.

I hate to go on....but, just imagine (example) a continent rich in resources, being fought over by two or three different countries.

Some care about the 'aboriginines', some do not....THAT is how I am beginning to see this situation......

I EDIT first for a typo, but had another thought....

Given the vastness of Space, just within our own Galaxy, one must assume that the various EBE species that 'visit' are from fairly 'nearby'.

AND, or(??) they have been 'monitoring' us for a very, very long time....

Again, this is all speculative. But, fortunately, we have brains to speculate with.

AS LONG as we don't go all 'paranoid' and think crazy.......

[edit on 3/23/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
My guess is that we learned to split the atom before our "time" to do so, as judged by other past civilizations, and this wake-up call went out into the Universe and made them set up shop to keep the pesky humans in their place until we could be "worthy" of being galactic citizens.

Excellent theory! The theory on free energy makes a great point as well. I do believe the government wants to control what even they can't understand. Simply out of fear for losing their "power". If a human of earth was bestowed with the knowledge for free energy then shouldn't we have seen that by now? Maybe not, back to the "are we worthy of galactic enterprising?". With these reported abductions however, shouldn't there be a case where an individual has gained some sort of "mind expansion"?

We are really close to discovering free energy aren't we? I have theories into this. But I'm talking aliens and ET's right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrlJester

It could be that they are being compelled to withhold the information. There could be a dozen reasons why. Some of which can be found right here in this forum. Just look at how certain people react to the word UFO or Alien or ET. They go absolutely ballistic and do everything they can to shut the discussion down.

Fear..intimidation..world crumbles to a pile of dust mentality tends to fuel the need for authority to continue the coverup.

"You Can't Handle The Truth!"!!

Unfortunately..for some, that is the real truth...they can't handle it.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 23-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Burns, hope you're not referring to me, in your claims of 'shutting a discussion down'???

Because, this is very interesting to me....I stay open minded, but with a logical bent of mind....

Ok....it's not all about me....carry on!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Fear..intimidation..world crumbles to a pile of dust mentality tends to fuel the need for authority to continue the coverup.

Doesn't it all come down to control and power?

We can get more answers with questions.

I have a family member who claims to have been abducted. It was my father. He says that one night he was so tired from working he just passed out in his room and fell asleep. Well I remember that night very vividly. I was still a child and my mother was terrified, because there were UFO's being watched hover in a certain area near us. She was creeping me out, because I didn't know how to react about this. Well I went to bed and had a sort of "night terror" where my dream was too F'ing real! I was standing third person to my father who was looking at a giant bruise on his right shoulder. It was plum purple and he can't explain how he got it. Then I woke up to my parents freaking out about a huge bruise on my father and the coincidental UFO siting!

I have good short term memory, but I tend to forget things further back. I remember that night and just about every detail.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by RFBurns

Burns, hope you're not referring to me, in your claims of 'shutting a discussion down'???

Because, this is very interesting to me....I stay open minded, but with a logical bent of mind....

Ok....it's not all about me....carry on!

Umm..no. Your participation here is not of the typical "shunt and grunt" type posts. Your actually contributing, which any positive contribution be it from a believer or skeptic helps towards the goal of finding the truth.

It is the ones who spout "nonsense", "BS", "bogus", etc etc, with no contributing element to the issue, are the ones I refer to.

And there are plenty of em running around the board.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
"You Can't Handle The Truth!"!!
Unfortunately..for some, that is the real truth...they can't handle it.

Are you concerned that we can't handle the truth or are you one of those nay Sayers who doesn't actually have an answer, but like to put up a wall and say that we're not ready? I'm not implying anything. The fact is people are always ready for news! That's why we have 24/7 news stations and 24/7 web posts. People flock to these sort of things because they want some news in their boring lives.

I agree most people overreact to most indifference's in the schedule. This is fundamentals of chaos theory.

If aliens do exist don't you think with there far superior technology they could diffuse our current crisis's? Or are they the "Big Brother" of our galaxy and want us to figure this out on our own?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why does our pathetic life form exist, you telling me you think our species is supreme, lol.

My theory is there has to be something better than the utter scum, i am on this planet with, and i am sure plenty are like me.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Jester, I think you may be selling RFBurns short....

Timing is everything....whether it's on a Galactic scale, a Global scale, or an Internet Forum scale.....

As to 'handling' the truth....I am arrogant enough to think I'm ready.

Is the 'general' population? Well.....given what I've seen in the last few decades....they will be easily distracted by some sort of entertainment, even when 'truth' stares then in the face.

Having seen the baloney about Apollo, and how it was 'faked'....there will always be an element of society who, regardless of evidence under their noses, will refute it.

Perhaps it's part of the 'Human' condition?????

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm just stating that how do we know if we're ready when the truth seems to evade our "human" condition as you put it? But also how am I supposed to buy into the fact that the apollo landing might have been staged or might have not been.

There's a thread about a UFO watching our guys in the apollo. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's say the landing was fake and everything, why go through the trouble of releasing radio chatter about an unidentified flying object watch them?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Jester, I am familiar with that ATS thread!

My point is, there are many voices who have coime forward to proclaim that going to the Moon was, in a way, a test of the ET resolve. AND, it would seem, a test of our own technology at the same time...just my sense of the possiblilities....

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

If there is a cover-up, I think it's because we really don't have the upper hand and are playing the game on their (the ET's) terms. The military probably can't control airspace incursions or abductions, they probably don't understand the the whole picture and to suggest as much to the population would probably cause a lot of fear. Humans by nature as always fearful of the unknown and things we cannot control.

IRM
I think there's probably a fair bit of proof in that. And then we* rolled over to show our bellies like little puppy dogs, and sold our asses down the river. Well, at least it wouldn't supprise me if this were true. There are many theories, and all of them are plausable (well, most of them
)

*we, as in the goverments representation of the human race if they're the ones having contact with them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join