It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Action Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hello,

I recently discovered The Canadian Action Party and I would like to start a discussion here so I can gather opinions and information from all members.

canadianactionportal.net...

They caught my interest when I learned that it was started by former Defence Minister Paul Hellyer, who ATS members may know has had a lot of interesting things to say regarding UFOs and government secrets. They are also opposed to the NAU. We all know how relevant that issue is.

Personally, I have always been cynical about politics. A long time ago I somehow decided that the world is insane and there's nothing I can do but hide or swallow my dignity. Recently I have begun to see things much differently, and I was actually inspired by the CAP website. I am very much against the North American Union. Do small, grassroots political movements have any chance in this age?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They would have a chance, but only if people were aware of them and who they stood for. I, for one, did not see an 'Canadian Action Party' listed when voting in our riding. There is also a 'Work Less Party' but as if the PTB would allow that, yeah right.

It's always either the Liberal, Conservative, New Democratic Party (lol) Green Party, Parti Quebecois (for those in the East), and yes, the Marijuana party (no kidding).

We need a party that cares, answers to no one above the people, and is not a smokescreen, and I know the CAP is an different party... But it's not in the interests of the PTB to see the CAP succeed, nor to have it listed.

I mean... Come on, how come is the Marijunana party listed and not the CAP?

I smell skunk works in the shop here.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Thank you star in a jar. Great point about the Marijuana Party - I agree completely...suspicious and ridiculous.

Should this be in the Politics forum? I chose the NWO section. Confusing, eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

i voted for the mad CAPpers last election, why waste a vote on the 3 stooges?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The new leader of this party is real - like Dr Paul, I felt it important for Canadian ATS's to upload this part of an address he did on NAU

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 24-5-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I considered running for CAP in my riding during the last election but work and family schedules prevented it.

They are a good party with good ideals that are struggling due to the way the system is set up in regards to funding. The immediate past leader, Connie Fogal, is an amazing woman. I have had a few chats with her on the phone. I'm not as familiar with Dr. Moulden but from reading the information sent to me during the leadership race, I'd say he is a stand up guy.

The reason you didn't see them on a ballot in your riding is they didn't have a candidate running. If you lived on the West Coast, they ghad several Candidates running there. Also several in Ontario and Quebec with one or two in the other provinces as well.

At the Elections Canada website, you can find every candidate that ran in the last General Election.

www.elections.ca.../loc&lang=e&textonly=false

Although we have a bunch of different parties in the country, Canada is essentially a 2 party system. The Bloc had a chance during the 90's to be a legitimate third party but the fervour of separation wore off and now they just run candidates in Quebec.

If the party interests you. join it. Membership fees are minimal and every member helps with getting the party further recoginized.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Very interesting, I saw this party at the last federal election but they didn't have anyone in my riding so I haven't really read further. It looks very interesting but IMHO they don't have a chance until Canada change the representation system. The old British parliamentary system don't allow much place, power and visibility for small parties ... and that's not very good for democracy. I would be nice to have some kind of proportional representation to allow CAP, the greens and others.

Too many people are not interested in politics and vote for who they saw on TV. Since small parties don't have the money for marketing they don't get votes ... and no money ... and no votes...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think this is more relevant than ever and I would like some more information for those research experts out there.
I'm going to look on my own as well, but sometimes the people here can be extra resourceful and they find some real gems as far as information goes.

I just had a picture shared on my facebook page and it links back to www.canadianactionparty.ca... which reroutes to www.actionparty.ca...

Does anyone have any further information about this party?

I mean it looks good, but there are so many front groups set up .. just wondering what people can dig up about this.

top topics

join