It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend or wife hates ats??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My poor missus is waiting for the truck to come pick us up, specially after i showed her the FEMA camps

"do they know where this computer is?", to which i replied, "they know where your mobile phone is too".

[edit on 24/3/09 by feoil]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowboy51

Originally posted by steve95988
Well it bugs me cause i attempt to try and explain this stuff to her and she thinks its all bs cause its not on "CNN" the true news source, and i have tried to tell her that putting stuff like this on CNN would not be in their benefit, that stuff like this the government wants to keep hush hush. well anyway, i apologize regarding gf/wife and not mentioning bf/husband

Hi steve, imagine if CNN and the likes did decide to air all of these news articles that are here on ats the whole world would be in constant shock because not all minds can handle such acute information, instead they just air stories of simple and easy to understand chaos and destruction, plane crashes, bush fires, mass murderers, shootings, terrorist acts. I thinks its crazy that 1 second the news reporters are telling you about a huge earthquake has just struck somewhere third world, thousands have died and millions are starving and suffering the after effects, and then a split second after that they say.... and now the weather... whats that all about?
Anyway just try and tone the info down to your GF as she may be a bit scared of it all, let her know that, The more you know the more you know you dont know!

Take care

This statement is very true, i believe that she is somewhat scared, and just doesnt want to know about any of it, since there really is nothing she can do about any of this, but i see it deifferent i believe in getting the TRUE info out to as many people as i can, good or bad, anywho, yea ill try and tone it down with her, ill start off sumwhere about time travel

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowboy51

Well it bugs me cause i attempt to try and explain this stuff to her and she thinks its all bs cause its not on "CNN" the true news source, and i have tried to tell her that putting stuff like this on CNN would not be in their benefit, that stuff like this the government wants to keep hush hush. well anyway, i apologize regarding gf/wife and not mentioning bf/husband

Hi steve, imagine if CNN and the likes did decide to air all of these news articles that are here on ats the whole world would be in constant shock because not all minds can handle such acute information, instead they just air stories of simple and easy to understand chaos and destruction, plane crashes, bush fires, mass murderers, shootings, terrorist acts. I thinks its crazy that 1 second the news reporters are telling you about a huge earthquake has just struck somewhere third world, thousands have died and millions are starving and suffering the after effects, and then a split second after that they say.... and now the weather... whats that all about?
Anyway just try and tone the info down to your GF as she may be a bit scared of it all, let her know that, The more you know the more you know you dont know!

Take care

This statement is very true, i believe that she is somewhat scared, and just doesnt want to know about any of it, since there really is nothing she can do about any of this, but i see it deifferent i believe in getting the TRUE info out to as many people as i can, good or bad, anywho, yea ill try and tone it down with her, ill start off sumwhere about time travel

Thanks for your reply steve, I DO TOO believe that we should all be told the truth but its hard *snip* work trying to get people to listen and believe us all
Great stuff, start her off with explaing time travel to her the next time your both in the car going somewhere if you know what I mean

Take care

Admin edit: Please review the Terms and Conditions of Use regarding "foul language" on ATS.

[edit on 3-24-2009 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

My wife said I must choose her or ATS!

My wife no longer lives with me

True story

[edit on 24-3-2009 by ANTHONY33]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Most "sane or normal" people would think this is a site for conspiracy and occult nuts. I've been a member of this site for a few years now, and when i mention the topics that are posted on this site people usually think I'm crazy. Normal people don't talk about aliens, ghosts, or conspiracy theories. They rather talk about Hannah Montana, and the last week episode of American idol. People who usually hate on this site, are the non-believers. And as I have learned from this site we all must understand how to "deny all ignorance".

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My wife complains a lot, so it wasn't unusual for her to make various off color references to my interest in ATS.

Things got a little more serious when she was able to find the short story I recently posted here ...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33

True story

Ditto. Husband said choose me or ATS.
I'm here..he's G O N E!!!!

[edit on 24-3-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My X-girlfriend would get on my case for spending too much time on ATS. Needless to say... Im still on ATS.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don't tell her... for fear of what she would think!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Originally posted by ANTHONY33

True story

Ditto. Husband said choose me or ATS.
I'm here..he's G O N E!!!!

[edit on 24-3-2009 by AccessDenied]

...good girl. Got your priorities straight!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
He doesn't care, so long as I maintain some reasonable objectivity.

But then again, he knows how indepth I can be about my research. Not just online.

When we discusss or argue about non-relationship issues, most of the time it turns out fine. Maybe we don't agree, but that is fine. More views for my brain to play with.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bingmat
I don't tell her... for fear of what she would think!!!

ya know for a few months i did not tell my girlfriend either, then one night i was talkin to her about yellowstone possibly erupting and creating chaos worldwide, cause i had been following the earthquakes back in december2008, i showed her the yellowstone thread on here, thats when she kinda flipped out, thinks its all bs, but i try and tell her, we have only been around this earth for a short while, there are sooooo many things that we do not know, or,, choose to not know

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My girlfriend does too. Well, I don't know if she hates it, but she probably finds the site a little shady and etc. I love this site! Opposites attract indeed!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
i am single a couple of years now, men seem to run a mile when i mention conspiracy theories/ufo's etc etc

its ATS or nothing

i wouldn't give it up for no man!

he would have to join as well!

Whatcha doin' saturday

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I couldn't resist making this lil video to go with my reply here.

my intro video

I don't know how to embed videos from the media thingy yet.

*edit to add* I have had 4 friends join ATS, my wife and my brother, ATS Rocks!!!!

[edit on 28-3-2009 by LDragonFire]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i dont think she hates this site, just the amount of time i spend on it. tomorrow we are going to watch the obama deception together. i dont think she will last 30 min

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I met my first cousin in Paris recently and she asked me how I spend my leisure time. Surfing the net, I said. What exactly? she asked. ATS. ATS? What's that? I told her about the forums - Alien and UFOs, and conspiracies in particular. She looked at me with pity like some guy who's just out on parole. Jeeez!! OK, I gotta get to the subway! CIAO.

Haven't heard from her after that.
It's been a couple of months! She must think I'm some kinda nut! Oh well, that's the price one has to pay I guess!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ooops! Double post! Now how and why in the name of Allah did this happen?
Seems to be some conspiracy here, what?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Ooops! Double post! Now how and why in the name of Allah did this happen?
Seems to be some conspiracy here, what?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by mikesingh]

Mike you joker you.
I honestly can't believe what I did this morning.
I have gotten so used to calling it ATS or BTS that I actually typed www. B T S instead of belowtopsecret in my browser...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My fiance just argues with anything I bring up about it, but he's very politically minded as well. Sometimes we just can't get along. :3

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join