It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend or wife hates ats??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well i just wanna see if anyone else is in the same boat as i am with ATS.
My fiancee, of 1 year, totally hates this site, and thinks its a bunch of garbage, i beg to differ, but is there anyone that has a significant other that is annoyed that you are visiting and reading info on ATS??

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
i'm lucky for both me and my wife are members here, so i'm ok. But true respect is the most important thing in a relationship. On both sides...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My fiance (male lol) doesn't go on this site, but has never had a problem with me being on it.... unless i obsess and it cut's into my time with him. Also he enjoys when i tell about interesting and intellectual things that I've read on this site.

Maybe she doesn't like it because she is scared. I used to be really scared about conspiracies and stuff similar.

Hope it all works out.

Cherry

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
No, My girlfirend is into this type of stuff too. I have been trying to talk her into joining but unlike me, she has a life

Mabye one day.

IT could be that she doesnt like it because the subject matter scares her. I have plenty of family members who even consider this stuff evil...(makes for an interesting thanksgiving get together...

Perhaps she is like some of my family members where talking about ghosts, ufos, conspiracies etc truly frightens her.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
And that's how it starts. Today she doesn't want you visiting ATS, Tomorrow she'll be expecting you to take out the trash and put the toilet seat down.

Let me give you a bit of advice, Love is more important than any online forum. Finding the one you want to spend the rest of your life with is more magical than anything you will find here.

We can give you great conversation, she can give you children. Think about that.

If your life online is bringing you grief in the real world, You need to walk away from your life online.

Your real life is too important to just let it pass by.

Besides, we'll still be here in a few years when she's telling you to sign online and just leave her the hell alone.

Before you take that advice though I suppose I should tell you, I've been divorced for a very long time.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

My hubby hates ATS, he doesn't like for me to talk about it to him, I talk with a friend about articles from here and she enjoys hearing about them, the other night she mentioned that I always know about events long before the news tells of them! My hubby chimed in and said 'yeah it's all UFO's and stuff like that', I actually have never talked to him about UFO articles, so I am guessing he has checked out ATS and didn't give it a chance.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My girlfriend doesn't mind me coming on ATS, so long as everything that needs to be taken care of in the real world is seen to first. It's all about moderation. She does laugh at some of the wacko's I tell her about though. She always gives me this little pearl of wisdom... "Why do you bother".

IRM

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
My hubby always makes fun of me blogging on ATS till all hours in the morning, but he does believe in it. Most of it anyways--

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
My girlfriend doesn't hate ATS, but like me, she thinks conspiracy theories are rubbish. But unlike me, she feels sorry for conspiracy theorists. She tells me I shouldn't be on here all the time, making fun of them. I tell her my scepticism helps the them refine and reinforce their delusionary systems, so I'm actually doing charity here, helping them with their confidence and self-belief.

She doesn't buy it. She says I'm an intellectual slum-crawler.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Guess I'm lucky. My wife is a member. My son is a member. My oldest girl is thinking about becoming a member. I don't think I'm influencing them though.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I am very lucky. My wife loves ATS.

So does my girlfriend!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My daughter, who knows absolutely nothing about ATS other than the fact that I spend a lot of time here, calls the site "Gray Screen" because of the background color.

I wonder if she realizes how close to the truth she is. Gray screen, Grey Screen.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
More or less she just hates the fact I am on the computer and not currently stuck up her rear.

I guess all that changes for me soon as I am moving 9 hours away from here and we are now just "friends" also today I've probably used quotation marks in every post I've made today haha haha.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
My partner dislikes ATS because of how it can make me feel at times. A few months back there was a post that really affected me emotionally, It made me afraid. It made him angry that an online forum could bring out such a reaction in me.

He is open to the ideas here, enough so that we have our own "survival" plan, but he doesn't subscribe to most theories on here and in fact they are often the butts of his jokes.

He is my own resident sceptic and usually punches holes through most of the "conspiracies" that I do share with him. That's one reason he and are are so good togther, he keeps me from being an emotional fraidy cat and I keep him from being a cold blooded snake.

That being said if he told me to never come back to ATS today, I wouldn't. My relationship is more important then this forum.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
Well i just wanna see if anyone else is in the same boat as i am with ATS.
My fiancee, of 1 year, totally hates this site, and thinks its a bunch of garbage, i beg to differ, but is there anyone that has a significant other that is annoyed that you are visiting and reading info on ATS??

My fiance loves when I visit ATS and SPEND a lot of time here. I means that I am not out somewhere SPENDING his money, which is the alternative!

I know you were looking for answers to back you up here, but you might want to point out other unhealty activities you might be participating in!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
Girlfriend or wife hates ats??

... or boyfriend or husband. There are us girls here too ya' know.

And no, my husband doesn't hate this site. I showed it to him a few
years back and he signed up. He's Bad Dog. He doesn't post much
but he enjoys reading the threads.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Let me give you a bit of advice, Love is more important than any online forum.

Blasphemy!

Isn't this more general chit chat than BB&Q?

But anyway, my sister thinks this stuff is weird but always asks me about whats going on in the world. She has stoped watching the news and just asks me what is going on in the world nowadays.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The girl I'm currently dating doesn't know about ATS as far as I know. I've never spoken to her about alternative topics. But she does hate football (soccer)
. Then why date a guy who has a 2nd cousin playing for one of the best football teams in the world?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
wow I love WUPY'S comment hahah. My wife likes the topics posted here about viral vids, about stuff like the thread about the 15 yr old girl who got beat up by the sheriff deputy who was jailing her (ATS thread),and the Prop8 and civil rights threads (ATS thread and Another ATS thread), pretty much all the most easy of threads to understand and like many others here, she gets scared of the more natural (thus less controllable) cataclysms some see on the horizon (ATS thread and Another ATS thread) and is typically utterly bored with and can't much understand or I guess is bored with the dynamics of political and financial "conspiracy theories" like CAFR and AIG

BUT my saving grace is she is addicted to MyDeathSpace.com so I can't be persecuted for my internet interests too much...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Girlfriend or wife hates ats???

Why shold she? Just because the house has turned into a hovel, the yard is filled with trash, the roof in beginning to leak, the stucco has developed some serious cracks, we have no money, and I havent changed clothes in 3 weeks.

Actually I'm logging off now.....bye

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join