It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP predicts doomsday if Obama budget passed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

No it hasn't. SPending works! Giving more food stamps works! Giving poor people money works better then giving rich people money. Give a rich person in America money who do you help? France, Dubai, Germany, who ever as they go and buy more foreign cars and houses and trips in those nations. Give the same money to the poor in the shape of food stamps? THEY BUY FOOD FROM AMERICAN STORES IN AMERICA! We can definately spend our way out of this, if you give the right people the money. Rich people blow 50million on one house. Great, you helped... one illegal alien maid to clean the house and an illegal alien pool boy. Give 50million to the poor and what will they spend it on? Bills, food, new car, so forth on things in America.

And again, when the GOP controlled EVERY THING they spent TRILLIONS on the super mega wealthy and building up Iraq. Now that Obama wants to spend that same money on THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND AMERICA the GOP acts like its a sin to spend.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JMasters

Giving money to anyone who sends the money outside the country is a problem.

It doesn't matter if its cheap Chinese made crap at Walmart or expensive European luxury goods at Neiman Marcus.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Giving money to anyone who sends the money outside the country is a problem.

It doesn't matter if its cheap Chinese made crap at Walmart or expensive European luxury goods at Neiman Marcus.

while that money does help the countries the goods came from, it is also being spent in the US. It helps those retailers stay in business which means it is helping everyone from the people selling the merchandise to people in their corporate offices to outside vendors that have contracts with that company.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnyg5646

It would be much better if the goods purchased were manufactured here in the states. If capital keeps getting exported with a deficit, meaning not enough capital is coming in to balance out the losses, we have a problem.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I am not Republican but I think a good point is being made here. It almost seems that the current administration is hellbent on spending the nation into economic oblivion. I don't know if it is intentional or the administration is just that naive.

when spending for war, people back it up.

when spending for Americans, it's no longer acceptable.

You're brain washed.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

We outspent Seven years of war in one stimulus bill.

One bill that outspent the Marshall Plan and pretty much every war we ever fought.

I should add that much of the Stimulus money has found its way outside the country and no where close to the bank accounts or lives of average Americans.

[edit on 24/3/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

there's another thing that is funny.

I've heard "we've spent more money than ever before"

Correct me if im wrong, but don't we technically HAVE more money than ever before?

As time goes on, we have a larger population and higher taxes

more people + more money = more money

it's a petty argument to create when you say "we've spent more money on this than any other war"

So what?

Why wouldn't you want it that way?

We spend more money helping OURSELVES than helping kill a bunch of innocent people?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

We have less money, in fact one might say we have negative money.

We have massive overwhelming debt. More debt than dollars in circulation.

More people does not equal more capital.

What we are doing is like a crazyperson maxing out all of their credit cards and plowing through loans thinking its going to stablize their finances.

We shouldn't spend money on anything, war, welfare, anything unless we can afford to.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

We shouldn't spend money on anything, war, welfare, anything unless we can afford to.

that i'll agree with. Kudos for the good point.

However, and forgive my insinuations (it's my nature)

had our current and prior presidents not taken the initiative to bail out these moron companies - you'd be in here singing a different tune about how our economic collapse is obama's fault for not helping them out like a government should.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I wouldn't be singing that toon or tune
, maybe some of the other people here would.

I am not Republican or partisan.

Edit: singing toons?!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Great thred - starred and flagged!

It is intrinsic with THIS THREAD, however....
(FEMA briefing police on collapse/'demolitoin' of US banking system and 'federalizing' the police (not the band!))... I'm sure of it!!!

[edit on 24/3/2009 by bingmat]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When i said "redistribution of wealth", the following is what I meant.

www.youtube.com...

Watch the vieo completely, which is not too long, and see what the current administration has in mind for America's Middle Class.

If you want to watch the entire C-Span video where the above was discussed, it is here.

C-Spanar chives.org

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Keynesian economics works both ways.

When Republicans were in power, they saw fit to spend billions on billionaires and wars.

Now that the Democrats are in power, they see it fit to spend billions on spending projects/economic stimuli.

Now, the Republicans are saying that the Democrats are going to usher in a doomsday.

Pot/Kettle=black.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Murdering hundreds of thousands of brown people= Hundreds of billions of dollars

Rebuilding a nation you blew up based on lies you created= Hundreds of billions of dollars

Bail outs for the companies that run your party= Trillions

Giving tax breaks to the top 1% while increasing spending= Hundreds of Billions lost

Saying that spending even a single penny on America or the citizens of your nation will cause the end of the world= Priceless

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The problem with the GOP is it's still held in sway by the likes of Rove and Limbaugh. These low-life scumbags have brainwashed the GOP into thinking they have to fight Obama or the Democrats tooth and nail or they'll be seen as losers. We already know Limbaugh wants Obama to fail. Whenever they referred to themselves as fiscally conservative it was pure lip-service. Under Bush/Cheney the USA racked up massive deficits. The federal govt became bloated under a slew of new federal bureaucracies and agencies the least of which, the DHS, is a joke.

Until the next generation of true republicans can find their backbone and stand up to these traitors (I'm referring to Rove and Limbaugh here) and work with Obama to pass a responsible budget then we'll be torn to shreds in their egotistical hate-mongering.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The problem with the GOP is it's still held in sway by the likes of Rove and Limbaugh. These low-life scumbags have brainwashed the GOP into thinking they have to fight Obama or the Democrats tooth and nail or they'll be seen as losers. We already know Limbaugh wants Obama to fail. Whenever they referred to themselves as fiscally conservative it was pure lip-service. Under Bush/Cheney the USA racked up massive deficits. The federal govt became bloated under a slew of new federal bureaucracies and agencies the least of which, the DHS, is a joke.

Until the next generation of true republicans can find their backbone and stand up to these traitors (I'm referring to Rove and Limbaugh here) and work with Obama to pass a responsible budget then we'll be torn to shreds in their egotistical hate-mongering.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I wouldn't trust the GOP to predict tomorrow's weather, let alone the results of the policies of someone they've been consistently trying to undermine.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hello Voters , YOUR still not seeing the biggest picture , YOUR vote for Potus is just a placebo giving you the feeling you have some say . Since the inception of the Electoral college your vote is just a punch on a piece of paper. The powers that be have taken great care to make you think you have a say. Neither party has the citizen in mind , they are but pawns of the powers that be. The Fed and cfr and other initialized groups are the power. The peeps that sit in office are just puppets for their agenda . Why do you think that anyone who promotes change in the exisisting govt that actually puts an effort to make it happen tend to become either defamed , dead or accidentally crash their planes or cars . WAKE UP . sorry just ranting again . The evidence is there in history and all over the net if you just look. We need to quit being pawns and take back our rights .

[edit on 3/28/2009 by BlackKnight7365]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah, true enough, it doesn't seem to matter who gets "elected" the same forces continue their behind the scenes manipulation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join