It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP predicts doomsday if Obama budget passed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Let's not forget his promises that he would bring our troops home, yet we are seeing in many states the largest deployments of National Guards to Iraq, to help with Operation Iraqi Freedom, and he is sending 30,000 Marines to Afghanistan.

This is not about left, and right. This is about policies and programs that are unconstitutional, and are meant to control us.

What is your own thought on the fact that people in his administration such as Rham Emmanuel, and even Hillary Clinton have stated that they cannot let go to waste a GOOD CRISIS....

Since when are crisis good?...

[edit on 23-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I said if they do work (and the economy turns around) you guys will never admit it.

Riiight, and so far is it working?

So you actually think that redistribution of wealth is going to work, and that even though the present administration has given powers to the Corporation, that everything will be fine...

When will you admit that these policies are not working, and are unconstitutional?....

Will you admit it when it is too late to make any changes? By then it will be "too late".

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh, and BTW, i am not Saying that Republicans are doing a good job, many Republicans are as corrupt as Democrats since they are voting in favor of unconstitutional laws.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I agree history is repeating itself I wish I had my 1929 volatility chart in front of me now. It’s matching up almost exactly like the Great Depression crash.

Ive said all along this is a temporary bear market rally. Some are such fools. The market had retested it’s lows more than any time in history.

The smart money got out in Oct. 2007 and they are still sitting on the sidelines. No one has that warm fuzzy feeling to jump in yet, except those who don’t know what the H### is going on.

They must be newbie’s hoping to make a quick buck. If only they knew.

This isn’t the short sellers either. They are smart enough to know better. I expect in April or mid Spring all hell will break loose, both on wall street and main street. If you know what I mean.

FDIC is broke, as the rest of the world. There will also be lots of new regulations with DOW and S&P, not just the bankers. Hedge funds managers are few and far between. Times are rapidly changing.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Rampant military spending brought down one super power in the 90's. The same could certainly be happening to the US. The US economy was a house of cards, built around chicanery, deregulation, reaganomics, and loopholes you could drive a humvee through.

The true cost of the Iraq war (CNN)

Including current White House requests, the price tag for U.S. military action in Iraq and Afghanistan and associated costs of the "war on terror" since 2001 is on track to exceed $750 billion, according to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.

That figure reflects only a small fraction of the economic cost of the war, according to analysts such as Columbia University economist Joseph Stiglitz. He says the ultimate price tag for Iraq — which administration officials initially pegged at $50 billion to $60 billion — is easily $3 trillion or above when factors such as the cost of health care for disabled veterans, surging oil prices and the economic impact on families who have lost breadwinners are considered.

We put ourselves in this spot, a war based on outright lies by Chaney and Bush left us stuck with a 10 Billion a month boondoggle and no end in sight, and the number one terrorist in the world is still out there laughing at the US. Didn't Bin Laden predict EXACTLY this - that the US would falter precisely as the soviets did when they invaded Afghanistan in an unsustainable war?

The true cost of the Iraq war (CNN)

Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., says his voters frequently bring up the issue of Iraq funding, and their message is clear: "Take care of our own first."
"This is one where the public is way ahead of Congress," says Emanuel. "They see libraries that are closing earlier, schools that aren't getting built, yet they're still getting the bill for projects halfway around the world."

At the very least the stimulus package is DOMESTIC spending, and not "nation building" overseas.

To me the last eight years of GOP leadership was enough to prove that they should never again hold any office, they are corrupt to the core. Ron Paul is the only saving grace they have and mainstream GOP pundits have marginalized him. He needs to leave that party and lead a revolution.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The massive spending is worrisome. It's almost as if "they" know something major is going to happen, so they're spending more than they have because they know they aren't going to have to pay it back. War with China perhaps? Maybe the NWO is coming a lot faster than we all realize and all this spending isn't going to matter after the takeover. All i know is that I usually don't worry but now i am.

TheAssociate

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JMasters

You're right. And something else to think about..

If a Democrat talks about the apocalypse they're labeled fear mongering doomsday quacks. If a Republican talks about the apocalypse its suddenly O.K. now as long as it achieves their anti-obama objectives.

All you hear on the radio these days is obama this, obama that.. How about shutting the hell up so we can find solutions to our common problems.

I mean holy hell! 8 weeks into an obama presidency and Republicans (of all people) are talking about the apocalypse? LOL!

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Again, why are we taking this seriously when it's from the same crowd who put us in this position in the first place?

We heard you the first time, however, saying it a second time isnt going to make the statement anymore valid.

Look up something called the Community Reinvestment Act. When it was ratified back in 95, that was when the housing bobble popped up on radar...Who was running the country back then? Which political party is responsible for the CRA? Carters administration back in the 70's. So educate yourself before you continue to make an ass out of yourself.

Blame does need to be placed on the republicans, as was said, they had 6 years to stop this, and there were cases where certain republicans tried to push for more oversight and regulations on fanny and freddie (John McCain was one of them, back in 2005, Bush Jr. was another, back in 01) The dems voted it down every time. Perhaps they knew it would eventually be an issue, and decided to play politics to get their guy elected, who knows why they were against it. But still, if the republicans wanted to, they could have passed it, so blame needs to be placed on them, yes, but not solely!

Now it's two months into this administration, and these guys are trying to put the blame on Obama

Obama isnt acting very presidential... Its as though he is still running for president, town hall meetings, appearances on late night comedy (where he makes a complete jackass out of himself), he isnt acting very serious or presidential in a time when we need a strong firm leader who can pull a rabbit out of his ass.

Neocon "toughguy" foreign policy doesn't work.

Im pretty sure neither does Obamas policy of appeasement. This guy closed down Gitmo before having a back up plan, he still doesnt have a back up plan for the detainees at gitmo!

You got Hugo down south who is calling Obama ignorant, Iran pretty much back handing obamas twitter video of appeasment...Obama is nothing more than a junior senator who should have never been elected. He does not have the credentials to run a country, what we are seeing is Obama is not, and never was fit to be commander and Chief... He clearly is way in over his head.

Because that belief system is more important to them than the country, its people, its economy, or anything else.

you are a *SNIP*... Taxing success isnt of the bush/repub doctrine, thats what your boy obama is wanting to do... Tax on carbon emissions will also effect EVERYONE. So much for 95% tax cut...Another campaign promise out of the many Obama has not been able to keep.

You are trying to save a sinking ship by defending the current admin...

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link. Insult Removed.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
im going to restate what every anti bush person said while he had his 8 years in office

" hey, i didnt vote for him"

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by grover

I said if they do work (and the economy turns around) you guys will never admit it.

Riiight, and so far is it working?

So you actually think that redistribution of wealth is going to work, and that even though the present administration has given powers to the Corporation, that everything will be fine...

When will you admit that these policies are not working, and are unconstitutional?....

Will you admit it when it is too late to make any changes? By then it will be "too late".

redistribution of wealth?
YA how did sending $1,000,000,000,000 to Saudi Arabia feel- sure redistributed it then all right!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
im going to restate what every anti bush person said while he had his 8 years in office

" hey, i didnt vote for him"

We know

YOU are a Real AMERICAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
thank you ma'am for your kind words.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wealth redistribution, ala Bush:

A lot of jobs and money flowed out of the US like it was a sieve.

(edit: by the way that's Dubai for the geographically challenged)

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
First, after Obama won, they came out saying they want America to fall. That's right, a black man in the White House, the GOP wants America to fail and disppear.

Second, they had no problem giving trillions to billionaires. Now that Obama wants to give money to the little guy? Spendings bad!

Third, trickle down economics DOES NOT WORK! Cutting taxes for the top 1% does nothing for the economy. Especially since most of them pay less in taxes then their secretaries. A mail room boy will pay more in taxes percentage wise then the billionaire who owns the company. Yeah, that makes sense.

Fourth, America voted them out of office for a reason. America turned on CEOs in the White House and Halliburton declaring wars on different nations to raise profits. Sorry about that GOP maybe you shouldn't have sold your souls to Exxon and Halliburton.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
thank you ma'am for your kind words.

welcome hun!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMasters
First, after Obama won, they came out saying they want America to fall. That's right, a black man in the White House, the GOP wants America to fail and disppear.

Second, they had no problem giving trillions to billionaires. Now that Obama wants to give money to the little guy? Spendings bad!

Third, trickle down economics DOES NOT WORK! Cutting taxes for the top 1% does nothing for the economy. Especially since most of them pay less in taxes then their secretaries. A mail room boy will pay more in taxes percentage wise then the billionaire who owns the company. Yeah, that makes sense.

Fourth, America voted them out of office for a reason. America turned on CEOs in the White House and Halliburton declaring wars on different nations to raise profits. Sorry about that GOP maybe you shouldn't have sold your souls to Exxon and Halliburton.

trickle down might not work, spending until your eyes bleed money is proven 100 % as failure.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You're right.
But don't forget the sickening Dubai Ports deal Bush was such a staunch supporter of too. This just makes me wanna put my head in a meat grinder. WOW!

en.wikipedia.org...

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You're right.
But don't forget the sickening Dubai Ports deal Bush was such a staunch supporter of too. This just makes me wanna put my head in a meat grinder. WOW!

en.wikipedia.org...

-ChriS

You know I think there is something really up with Dubai. The infamous Lord Rothschild in a rare newspaper interview 6 months ago said if he had one more son, he would send him to live in Dubai.

The World at Dubai is an incredible community of man made private islands shaped and laid out to look exactly like the earth from space, designed exclusively for the Uber Wealthy of the world.

They recently just came out with a genuine 24 kt gold leafed edged Master Card studded with a genuine diamond in the center with a 1000 dollar annual fee.

They have the most modern and sophisticated fleet of jet fighters in the entire Middle East even better than Israels.

Lets not forget the word United in front of Emirates.

Lets not forget Emir means king, or ruler. The United Kings.

Lets not forget they are buying stuff up like the most lucrative ports in the world.

I think the Zionists pushing for World War III in the Middle East, know that Israel is going to go up in an atom cloud like the rest of most of the cities there.

If there is going to be a one world government I don't think it is going to be ruled from Jerusalem like the Bible suggests.

I think it is going to be ruled from Dubai and the United Arab Emirates. That the world's richest, most influential, and leading Zionist, Lord Rothschild wishes he had one more son who could exploit it personally for his Family's benefit is either very telling or a very telling deception. That he himself was there granting the first pictures and interview in years says a lot too.

Completely on topic, I can't believe so many people with such a poor and limited grasp of economics, history, and how the markets and the global economy really function, would be spending more time saying the Republicans screwed this, and the Democrats screwed that, and that one had his chance to screw us and already did, so this one should have his fair chance to screw us but I don't think he is or will because he isn't that guy that already screwed us.

It's not even as scientific as flipping a coin!

I would actually be reading up on how all this stuff works, what's worked in the past, if anything, what possibly could work in the future, if anything, but base your conclusion on something a little more than, he's a democrat, or he's a republican, or it's only fair to give him a chance, even if it is stupid, without having any idea of the logistics involved and what's entailed to have a real good idea for yourself if it is stupid or not.

Ultimately we are all Americans, and no one can go back into the past and change anything already done, we can though focus on what's smart for the future for America, and I don't think smart or dumb ideas are the exclusive pervue of any one or either party.

If your only argument is based on party or race, you really are stuck on stupid at this point.

If you have time for that kind of nonsense, to argue, then you sure do have time to learn all about it so you can share what's a good idea or bad idea based on what makes an economy, a global economy, and a nation proftible.

What do you have to loose beyond having to say a democrat has a good idea, or a democrat has a bad idea by learning for yourself whether it's a good idea?

Unless neither side really cares beyond that their party just has to be right, even if it takes the nation down in flames.

No wonder both sides get away with ripping us off blind and lying to us.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

To get off topic for a second, I think Dubai is going end up just like Irem.

Dost thou not consider how thy Lord dealt with (the tribe of) A'ad,
Of the (city of) Iram, with lofty pillars, The like of which were not produced in (all) the land?

Qur'an, chapter 89 verses 6-8

Iram of the Pillars
en.wikipedia.org...

The difference here being the smiting will be done by fundamentalists harnessing the power of the Atom.

[edit on 24/3/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

trickle down might not work, spending until your eyes bleed money is proven 100 % as failure.

trickle down is a proven 100% failure also.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join