It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I noticed something this weekend...the world is still turning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
All of the doom and gloom has taken it's toll on me a bit. I told myself that i would try to stay away from the news channels and ATS for the weekend..which i mostly did.

I went to see a movie..."Knowing"...which is quite good....and i gotta say...it may make you feel just a little bit better on how the "real" world is going.

I also went out to the mall and again realized how much i hated going there...but also the fact that things seemed to be as normal as they always were. People are still out shopping and going about their lives.

Sometimes when going to work and seeing my work dwindle...and then coming home to see nothing but terrible news every day..it can make a sense of paranoia and give an ungodly amount of stress.

Luckily the world IS still turning...i'm still alive...my unborn baby seems to be in perfect health along with my wife....i have a roof over my head and still am able to put food on the table.

There are many people in the world who do not have those luxuries...luxuries many of us take for granted.

I can't take my mind off of the economy all the time...but i've set myself the goal of trying to stay away from it on the weekends...plus it's easier to do it on weekends as bad news seems to be more of a rarity.

Just sayin'

Try to enjoy things while you can...don't let the doom and gloom keep you from trying to enjoy life.

I have no idea what road our country and the world is headed on...but i do know that the world did not end this weekend....i'm still here...and so are all of you. Every Friday night I always think to myself.....We made it another week!

I know that making this thread may seem to be a bit hypocritical of me as most of the threads I start are terrible news...and for the most part contributing to everyone's stress.

I'm just a regular guy like everyone else...who worries...

Hang in there everyone!!

[edit on 22-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm glad you made this post and your feeling a bit better about things. I normally enjoy your posts and lately was starting to just avoid them because of how dramatic and negative they were becoming. I find myself doing this same thing at times and I'm lucky enough ( sounds like you are also) to have a wife that will put up with it but also with realizing it helps me snap out of it.

The world seems to be going to hell in a hand basket but as long as we are prepared and don't let it consume us we will do the best we can with the cards that get dealt. This planet is much older then us and is a good example that no matter what happens life goes on, its just different, maybe not for everyone but there will always be good in the world.

I'm very interested in how the "knowing" movie will be. I hear great things about it and your review is just another side of it that I hadn't heard but makes it seem all the more worth while.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Women always keep us crazy men in line don't they! Luckily she puts up with my BS...that's a rarity in itself!

What gets me on this whole situation is the fear of the unknown and I've been spending so much time trying to figure out (in my mind) what exactly is going to happen.

Some of the things that are happening in the world just seem idiotic and are quite maddening.

Also, sometimes when i read a piece of news or see something that angers me...it usually comes out in my posts with lots of these...!!!!!!!!!!!

As for movie "knowing"....go see it.

It has plot holes galore...the acting is spotty....but the story as a whole I thought was great. The special effects were top notch. At the end I realized that hey...maybe the world isn't all that bad....could definitely be worse!

I've never seen a movie with an ending like this one. It raises many questions...but also gave a small sense of relief..at least it did for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ive been reading here for many moons now, and have come across many of your posts. Like whoshotJR says about your recent posts were more negative, I too find this post positive.

I have been awakened for many years now, and was getting very angry with the world around me, and why people werent seeing what I was seeing with my new "eyes".

Recently I have been more spiritually awakened and that in the end, it is the now that matters most. That is the only thing, Love in the present. and being able to acknowledge it. And enjoy this 3 dimensional self before dying in some horrible crash, at old age, or in a couple years when nibiru comes and burns the earth but not before stealing all the gold. _javascript:icon('
')

Contrats on the new baby coming soon, for the only reason that we are here is for the babies. To make them, protect them, teach them, and prepare them for living in this world we are leaving them with.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
what about that movie eh.. (ops out slips the canadian)

I loved that movie. Awesome ending with the Tree of knowledge, or Life, take your pick.

To anyone reading this, go see the movie. Awesome.

Predictions, Explosions, Shadow People, Explosions, Aliens, More Explosions.

Fun times. They are preparing us........_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Good thread, David.

Maybe I should vow to stay away on the weekends also.
I can get pretty worked up here.

Problem with the whole situation is that if people don't want to pursue replacement of Government (I'm talking about enough people to actually made a damned bit of difference) then we are basically at the mercy of those in charge. At the end of the day we have to trust they are trying to do the best by us all. Sometimes I have serious doubts that they want to destroy everything. And sometimes I'm sure they do. As you said, paranoia sucks.

Anyhow, congrats on expecting! Awesome.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

That's the thing...if it wasn't for the baby...i probably wouldn't be worried about this so much...because it's not about me anymore. It's about making the world better for her as much as I can.

Couldn't have picked a crappier time to have a kid though! Hopefully all the money we've been saving up will still have some value when she's born.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I'm with ya. Sometimes i think that everything is happening on purpose..that they really trying to tank the economy...but then other times I don't. It's tough to handle that's for sure. It definitely tests our sanity.

I admit I couldn't stay away from ATS and the news completely...i still felt compelled to sneak a few peaks....couldn't help myself...but for the most part i stayed away...it did the mind good!

I know that i can't stop worrying and i'll be back on here tomorrow after work flipping out about something...but it's nice to get away.

Plus it's finally starting to get warm out and i have a reason to finally get outside instead of being barricaded inside from the cold.

Thanks btw...3 more months!!

Hopefully I don't look like a 90 year old man by then! Hair is turning gray and falling out!

Damn you economy and government!!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I've found that 2 or 20 beers is pretty good for this also.

Sure, when you hit number eight you are liable to say some pretty off the wall stuff in here, but once you get to 15 you couldn't care less!

Those last three months will go by very quickly. Be prepared.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Beer definitely helps sleep! I don't drink near as much as I used to..although i did drink some this weekend. You're right...it does help with stress. My wife doesn't approve of me drinking right now though...so i have to be choosy when i drink and make sure she's in a good mood...if not...WATCH OUT! Plus if I drank every time I read some bad news I'd be a raging alcoholic...haha

Also, luckily i'm not drinking when I post here...god knows what i'd be spewing out if i did that!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I enjoyed the good news my friend and I agree, Sometimes you just have to take a break. If the world falls apart tomorrow, that's something you can deal with tomorrow. Cross a bridge before you come to it and you have to cross it twice.

Congrats on the new baby. I remember having those same feelings each time my wife would sit me down and I'd ended up yelling, "YOUR WHAT!!! It seems like yesterday and now all three are grown and moved on with their lives. It was worth every minute though. You'll find out.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Good to see you gave yourself a breather David, I also noticed how negative you seemed to have gotten.

Just remember one thing my friend:

"When you're prepared nothing can scare you."

You're one step ahead of the rest David, and knowledge is power.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Oh, I've done it a couple of times only to wake up shocked at what I had posted.

I was really just making a joke though. I couldn't possibly drink 20 beers in one sitting. Hell four beers is plenty for me, and that doesn't happen too often.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I too was thinking that it is too scary a thought that our governments, religious insititutions, have been taken over by ... Evil, I guess. I thought that if it is that far infected that I, myself, cannot do anything about it, that i was just along for the ride. But I dont think that way anymore.

I have decided that they can try all their tricks on me, but they cannot have me. I myself decided where I go, what I watchm what I eat, who i bang, etc. I can do nothing about the random events that happen all around me, but I can experience them, learn from them, to better spot them the next time around.

Life is experience, and the more we read, watch, and witness can only better prepare us for the days ahead. What happens happens, so Enjoy you new child in the present, and prepare him/her with whatever experiences you have learned need to be taught to him/her. You can spin the world to yourself in a more positive way.

I laugh at the illuminati, the bilderbergs, the reptilians, whatever, they mean nothing to me now. Sure they are all powerful, but I create my own environment around me. I can view it anyway I choose to view it. Like if i get thrown into a camp, i will try everything to escape, if they throw me into a cell, in solitary, i will still have my mind. If i badmouth them too much, and they assinate me, well then I will have been liberated from this 3 dimensional realm and my soul will be free to try again or float in the cosmos or whatever souls do. point is, we exist for the present. Nothing else can matter, because it cannot be controlled. There are too many variables to control this world and universe. If everything could be controlled the New world Order would already be instigated, or if aliens are trying to take over, it would have happened before, but for some reason it is not, so that means that there are greater powers at work here, like the chaos theory, and gravity, and fate, and prediction, and all sorts of # we have no idea about yet.

Think Happy thoughts, and give the finger to whatever hatred tries to break down your door.

and dont worry about the government control, and general corporatism that prevades in this world. The people will not stand for it. It is all about timing. The time will come. Just enjoy the good in life in the meantime.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Oh, where is that doom and gloom David we all know and love?

Just to be the devils advocate, the world kept turning during all the past Wars, and during the rule of; Idi Amin, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao Tse-Tung, Saddam Hussein, Lenin, various massacres of large numbers of innocent, attacks against the constitution, attacks against our freedoms, plagues, famines, huge natural disasters, wrong guys getting elected, etc.

In case you need to get back in the mood.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Oh, where is that doom and gloom David we all know and love?

Lol

He'll be back tomorrow after work!

I do believe there is a way to stop the craziness...at least a way to stop the theft of American people...and that's to end the private banking industries top dog...the leader of them all...

The Federal Reserve.

It would be a GREAT start to getting things right in this country!

[edit on 23-3-2009 by David9176]

new topics

top topics

join