It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing the movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
First I'd like to say that Knowing was a good movie. I was looking at this movie on imdb and noticed it wasnt placed under sci fi where I would of thought it would of been because the aliens and the predictions but it wasn't. Any thought why this is?

[edit on 22-3-2009 by EpicJ19]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Aliens and predictions are not part of sci-fi anymore. They are reality. I saw it as well, and me and my wife loved it.
They should make more of these, for they're a wake up call for many people.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EpicJ19

I think they placed it in action, as the trailers emphasized the action sequences. The movie was also released early to get a head start on the huge budgeted "2012". It is an action movie, not a science fiction film.

I'll wait until it hits cable.

The producers and film marketers decide what category to make the movie. It may also be considered science fiction because of the aliens, but they want to sell the action of the picture to teenage boys.

[edit on 3/23/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So KF, is this a kid movie with little story line, character development etc.

I don't want to waste my time/$$$ on just CGI flash and bash.

A little more in deapth review would be appreciated with out giving away to much.

Thanks

whaaa

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

NO, this movie was very good and worth every penny spent. Oh, and I'm not a 16 year old kid either. I'm 23, and yes that is still young, but I thought this movie had a very gripping story line.

I'll put it this way, I didn't fully catch the plot until the end. I was expecting Mr. Cage to be the cliche hero figure of the movie, and I was very much impressed with the turn out.

Go see it, you won't be dissapointed.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
saw it during the weekend and loved it. I thought this was the best movie in 2009 so far. I was surpised to see that aliens were responsible for the voices in the childrens heads. I really liked the ending can't say that I saw that kinda ending coming.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I was just explaining why it is called an action movie. I have not seen it although Roger Ebert gave the film four stars, and he is generally tough on movies.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just walked in the door from seeing "Knowing"
The only thing I know is that N. Cage is a pisspoor actor. His character was only believable for the first 15min of the film. The story was OK and held together for most of the film. Pretty predictable for any fan of the genre.

But the action sequences were worth the price of admission and the scrip was interesting, tight and well written. I'm not one for just CGI but this movie was pure genius by the computer, green screen geeks in post production.

And direction/production for such a huge project was good. This movie will make a lot of money. Isn't that what filmmaking is all about ultimately?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
**** Warning - this post may contain spoilers. ****

It was alright, not great. There were still some plot points that were left unexplained. Particularly, the relevance of the black stones. Also, why give the predictions 50 years in the past when there was no way to stop the disasters or save anyone?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EpicJ19

\
I have not seen the movie, but have figured it is one of those setups by Hollywood, to get people conditioned to something.

Doesn't the world end in it?

I am hearing how good of a movie it is, but I don't like disaster movies where the world ends.

There sure seems to be very intense movies out this year, regarding disasterous events.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I am hearing how good of a movie it is, but I don't like disaster movies where the world ends.

There sure seems to be very intense movies out this year, regarding disasterous events.

It's really not that good...

I've posted a lot of replies on the other thread www.abovetopsecret.com... so am not going to repeat myself.

But it's actually quite laughable.... yeah the message...blah blah...
What if you already know the message and are interested in these things anyway?

The acting is terrible and the storyline borders on (or more accurately is) ludicrous.... i mean... the last 30 mins are absolutely ridiculous and ruin the movie.

[edit on 27/3/09 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

cool thanks for letting me know.

It has gotten lots of attention.

I am not going to bother going and seeing it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

No worries.... but don't take my word for it... you may like it.
I didn't mean to put you off... One persons crap movie is another persons favourite ya know?

I think as a story and a concept it was good, it really should have worked.. but honestly, it's so bad it's almost good.
As i said, the acting is awful from cage and the kids and the story goes from ridiculous to just plain unbelievable...

But hey, different strokes and all that

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

doesn't the world end at the end of the movie?

I thought that was what it was all about.

Cage just figured out when it would end?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

**Spoilers**

**Spoilers**

Yes.... it does, and visually it's stunning to watch... but what happens with the kids and where they go is just cringe-worthy.

I actually nearly threw up in my mouth a little

I think a book of this would be awesome, but the movie is just over-hyped, poorly acted trash.

Visually stunning....but for those that need more from a movie than a few nice effects... don't bother..... on the flip side, as i said, you may like it so don't just take my word for it.

top topics

join