It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chávez Denounces Obama as 'Ignorant'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by A52FWY
In the good ole days Chavez would have had a CIA paid for bullet between his eyes by now.

Obama said on 60 Minutes the Gitmo prisoners need to be tried. What I don't think he gets is that they are prisoners of war, you don't try POWs. You hold them or release them.

He still complains about the Bush deficit when he's made it 4 times as worse.

He tries to negotiate with terrorist Iran, a purely futile act.

Chavez is correct.

You don't torture POWs.

Chavez and Ghadaffi, best leaders ever

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Sean Penn is one of the only actors that I don't mind seeing speak up on these issues.
He has genuine passion.

And he is usually spot-on in his analysis, at least from my perspective.

Well he certainly had passion when he was beating Madonna.

He has visited Cuba, Venezuela, and Iran, and buddied up with anyone he can find who hates his birth nation. Only North Korea has yet to make his list (because they don't know who he is) and Afghanistan (because the Taliban would kill him).

In the post Katrina aftermath he turned up with a rented photographer to take snaps of him "rescuing" people.

I don't even think he has had a formal college education, but he thinks he's smart enough to be involved in world politics.

The situation with Obama and Chavez must be incredibly confusing for him, he's just another liberal who is lost now that he can't blame Bush for everything.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Now THAT'S funny!! The circus must be in town! We've got the clown calling the Ring Master ignorant! Lol!!

A bit surprising though, I thought these two were " Big Buds"! I mean are
we not on the verge of becoming the new Venezuela?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
OMG, Chavez called someone a name!

That is SO unlike him!

I mean I totally hang onto every word that comes out of his mouth as gospel!

I'm so upset he doesn't like our Presidents!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Oh yeah, because we know how evil the Cubans are, huh?

He is pissed off about what has been done to this Country. Guess what? So am I.

I don't mind listening to him speak on these matters because he has the cajones to say things that a lot of others wouldn't dare if they had his box to stand on.
That doesn't mean I agree with him on everything, just that I don't mind listening.
His lack of formal education doesn't matter much in my eyes. It doesn't take a political science post graduate to see that our Country behaves like a school yard bully.

And I certainly agree that the guy has anger management issues. He and John Macenroe would make excellent drinking buddies...
I think they'd duke it out often.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Seems like every time Chavez starts to see discontent from his own people, he lashes out against the US or some other country. If you read between the lines, the Venezuelans aren't as happy as Chavez wants you to believe.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

lol this is all we need more people calling us ignorant.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/22/2009 by semperfortis]

Maybe we are.....look what we let happen....look who we vote in locally and nationally and look what choices they make in the name of the people. Maybe we are.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What a jerk! Who cares what hugo "red shirt" chaveezzzz said?

This guy is the biggest moron on the face of the planet and now we gotta listen to him....

Well, I guess since we let him cal all of America dirt bags at the United Nations a couple of years ago - he's not a bad guy.

Some body should shoot this idiot.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Chavez just hates the US in general. He has said similar things about George Bush, and it is not surprise that he is saying things about some one who politically is the exact opposite of Bush (Obama)

No he isnt. Bush called anyone a terrorist who had a lot of oil, and would not let first world companies exploit it, and Obama is calling someone a terrorist who has a lot of oil and wont let first world companies exploit it.

Chavez does not "hate" America. He hates our intervention on behalf of corporations that seek to exploit the people and resources of Latin America. And if you arent aware of some of the things we are doing down there, and have been at least since President Carter, I highly recommend you read a little Noam Chomsky. He can fill you in on all the details in such a way that you can actually go and look up anything he says in the official record so that you are not left wondering whether or not what he is saying is true.

A corporation even got the government, (supported by the US of course, to ensure that it will not intervene on behalf of the people of that country) to privatize rainwater. Rain. You had to pay the corporation if you collected a bucket of RAIN water.

www.pbs.org...

The "official" position is that no, they werent charging for rain water, but thats not how the people on the street remember it.

www.50years.org...

But these protests have come at significant costs. In Bolivia, the government responded to protests against an agreement which went so far as to privatize rainwater in the province of Cochabamba with brute force and a martial lockdown. In the ensuing bedlam, a 17-year-old boy was killed when police catapulted a tear gas canister into his head. Bechtel, the company which had secured the contract for the privatization, finally chose to withdraw in the face of such strong opposition.

In case you arent clear on this, a "terrorist" is anyone who fights back at being exploited. Saying this, I am not arguing that there are not people labeled as "terrorists" who are in fact terrorists in the mind of most reasonable people. But you need to actually look at whom the label "terrorist" is being applied to very carefully, on your own, and see if you agree with the governments stand.

Because if we allow the label terrorist to be used without ever looking to see if it is being applied appropriately, there WILL come a day when it is applied to anyone who disagrees with anything the wealthy and powerful want. Including us.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Chavez is speaking to the powers behind Obama hell,behind every president since LBJ.I do agree that the president is ignorant of the fact that the office of the president of the US is indeed a front.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I actually like Chavez to tell you the truth, a little too...dictarial for my tastes but he calls them like he sees em'.

Same here Chavez is brill in my books tells it how it is, the Chuck Norris of politics go Hugo!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I agree. I had mentioned it earlier that Noam Chomsky does a brilliant job of outlining the events that have led to this current relationship with Venezuela.

contemporarylit.about.com...

If someone doesn't want to bother wading through Hegemony or Survival, the link above can give a very, very rough outline of the material covered. But really, it is an eye-opener to read.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The idea Chavez was suddenly going to become pro-American because of a Democrat in the White House is ignorant. After all, the CIA financed a coup d'etat against his government.

Locate and watch "War on Democracy." Then you'll understand the anger in Latin America.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
reply to post by TheAmused

Chavez is a fascist scumbag. Maybe he should try reading something.

Just because he called Obama ignorant? I think he is a GREAT man!

link   

www.nytimes.com

“At least one could say, ‘poor ignorant person,’ ” Mr. Chávez said on his weekly television and radio program, adding that Mr. Obama “should read a little bit so that he learns about the reality.”

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

If you ask me Hugo Chavez is the one who sounds ignorant. I have never heard him say anything about anyone that wasn't a personal attack on their character. He's ignorant if he thinks that is going to make him any friends. As for Obama or anyone else being ignorant for not knowing latino people????? By the way he is acting...who would want to know? If the is the president of his country and he is setting the example, it just seems a bit IGNORANT to set the bar for the very latino people you want people to get to know by being and old, bitter jerk. Only the truly ignorant would stand over the podium as much as he and sling mud in a most unprofessional, unpolitical manner. He reminds me of a mad bear or something and even kind of looks like one.

link   

www.nytimes.com

“At least one could say, ‘poor ignorant person,’ ” Mr. Chávez said on his weekly television and radio program, adding that Mr. Obama “should read a little bit so that he learns about the reality.”

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

If you ask me Hugo Chavez is the one who sounds ignorant. I have never heard him say anything about anyone that wasn't a personal attack on their character. He's ignorant if he thinks that is going to make him any friends. As for Obama or anyone else being ignorant for not knowing latino people????? By the way he is acting...who would want to know? If the is the president of his country and he is setting the example, it just seems a bit IGNORANT to set the bar for the very latino people you want people to get to know by being and old, bitter jerk. Only the truly ignorant would stand over the podium as much as he and sling mud in a most unprofessional, unpolitical manner. He reminds me of a mad bear or something and even kind of looks like one.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Obama wears a smirk like he DOES know what is going on but must play the GAME! Although, I certainly don't look at him as being exceptionally bright. He certainly gives off the impression of not having much life experience. He is a boy in a nasty world where he is way out of his league.

Now Sean Penn is another story. That is one person who has lived in celluloid land far too long and actually believes his fairy dust mentality. Assumes that because he is a star, he must actually know something, or feels he is qualified to deal with the big issues, and big guys?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

If Sean Penn sticks with Obama through this entire fiasco and doesn't end up jumping on Obama just like he did on George Bush, I'll create a thread detailing how I was wrong about him.
I think he is just too hopefull right now and hasn't quite realized that Dem or Repub they both represent the heads and tails of the same coin. That coin should aptly be called the "Road to Ruin"... or if you want the full version, "The False Left/Right Paradigm Used to Enslave the Simpletons"

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Sometimes I have to wonder if Russia were to tell Chavez that if he didn't shut his mouth, that they would no longer offer support. Would he zip his lips if he didn't have Russia backing him?

And what is the point to antagonizing another country in the UN? Isn't that intended to keep the peace?

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Mekanic]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join