It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chávez Denounces Obama as 'Ignorant'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Chaves has been at this for a while.
He called Bush "el diablo"... And said the podium still reeked of his evilness a day after he stood there.
And I think he said all of this at the UN General Assembly!

He also recommended everyone read Noam Chomsky's Hegemony or Survival. (I'd recommend it also. Slow reading but awesome info)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You talking about that thing on Chaves' head?!

And Geraldo could take a page from that book and cut that growth off his upper lip. I swear, that thing has a mind of its own.

(EXCUSE ME.... SIR!... Your moustache is out of line!)

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The full article about the subject
www.reuters.com...

Well.. if Obama said that Chavez export terrorism...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I bet Glenn Back is on the plane to Venezuela as we speak...

Exclusive interview with Chávez on Fox:

"Why do even I think Obama is ignoramus ?"

That would be just awesome

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Uhhh, I agree that Obama is a bit ignorant but Chavez shouldn't be talking here.

He's issued an arrest warrant for the opposition leader... he's just consolidating his power and he calls Bush and Obama ignorant.

I'm not saying neither of them are ignorant, hey, we're all ignorant to an extent, but Chavez should be the last one talking.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by dolphinfan

Sean Penn is one of the only actors that I don't mind seeing speak up on these issues.
He has genuine passion.

And he is usually spot-on in his analysis, at least from my perspective.

Sean Penn is a tool

...So is Chavez

...So is Obama

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
One could say it takes one to know one. Like so many liberators of their country, power and wealth has gone to his head. He's determined to become dictator but under the veil of democratic elections.

Maybe an idealistic in the beginning, but like his role model Castro, more concerned with his ego than the benefits of the citizenry.

So kissing the ass of the Iranians, and throwing his weight around has become his style. Any outrageous pronouncement gets him world coverage - and he knows it.

Right now he's probably going over lists his secret service has compiled of Venezuelans who are critical of him and could represent future threats to his regime. And thinking of ways to 'neutralize' them.

In 10 years or so Venezuela will need someone to save them from Chavez.

Mike

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

I guess Obama is finding out this week that its not quite as easy dealing with third world dictators as he thought. Its not as easy to tame the zealots in Iran and Venezuela as it is the zealots back home. Welcome to the real world, Barack.

Chavez is not a dictator. Search.
So what if he calls him ignorant ? I call Obama a puppet. I am not a leader of some country, does it matter ?

[edit on 23-3-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Mr. Pot, may I introduce Mr. Kettle?

Mr. Kettle, Mr. Pot.

I’ll leave you two alone now as I’m sure you have many tales of destroyed economies, enslaved peoples, and regional conflicts to share. Feel free to freshen your drinks at the UN bar.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Definitely not ignorant...but another question..Has he kept any of his promises to date, I don't think so.

The wool has been pulled over the eyes of the World, again!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I don't care what Chavez says about anyone or anything.

Never have never will. Same for Machmoud whathisname and Kim Jong-Il (that goes for all his look alikes too).

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Ah crap!! I agree with Chavez.

Obama is ignorant. Case in point .
He's a tool of the bildebergers.
He is totally clueless on protocol - DVDs to PM Brown?

He's late getting up and late to every meeting. Obviously he doeesn't care.
He's a racist.
He is nothing more than a community organizer promoted above his ability level.

Personal note - I can't stand his swagger.
He's an ignorant tool with a swagger. UGH.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's amazing to me how many people comment, see the word "ignorant" and just make assumptions. Chavez did say Obama is an ignorant man. What he did say was

President Hugo Chávez of Venezuela called President Obama “ignorant” on Sunday, saying he has a lot to learn about Latin America.
So can we please try to keep this in context? Being an ignorant person and ignorant of the specific issues are two different things.

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Do you really think so? I mean, Keep in mind I am no obamaniac and did not vote for him etc... But I havent really seen any signs that he has done anything like that or even tried anything like that. Then again I am certainly not on the ball when it comes to politics...

What of George Bush and the stuff he pulled and the seeming not to care about the constitution at all? Is he not partly responsible for what is happening to our country?

On that note, It does seem that since he does know alot about the constitution that could aid him Obama in finding loopholes and what not in order to get things going how he wants them too....
[edit on 22-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

Obama has continued Bush's policies. Warrentless wiretapping? Anyone notice how the subject has been swept under the rug? It was a Bush Policy that has been continued under Obama. Patriot Act? Continued. NAFTA? Continued. The war in Iraq and Afghanistan? Continued and the list continues to go on and on. Before anyone makes the claim that "we are pulling out of Iraq and a date has been set" keep in mind that leaving behind 50,000 troops is not pulling them out or sending our troops home as Obama claimed he would do while campaigning.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Being an ignorant person and ignorant of the specific issues are two different things.

The TV news is reporting that Chavez said Obama is an 'ignoramous'.
That's an ignorant person. And I agree. He's an ignorant bildeberger tool.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

He was calling Obama ignorant not the American average joe. But guess what he was right Obama is ignorant and bone idle.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In the good ole days Chavez would have had a CIA paid for bullet between his eyes by now.

Obama said on 60 Minutes the Gitmo prisoners need to be tried. What I don't think he gets is that they are prisoners of war, you don't try POWs. You hold them or release them.

He still complains about the Bush deficit when he's made it 4 times as worse.

He tries to negotiate with terrorist Iran, a purely futile act.

Chavez is correct.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Chavez's political bread and butter is blaming the US for all of Venezuela's problems, and the world's.

It sells well in Latin America for obvious historical reasons: the US has thrown it's weight around down there a lot, often with unpleasant results for the locals.

Chavez is a demagogue and he needs to rally people around a boogeyman: and we're it.

It really doesn't matter who the President is or what his policies are.

[edit on 3/22/09 by xmotex]

BINGO.

Chavez has like 3 or 4 tired old talking points that he repeats over and over, and one of them is "Blame the Americans / insult the President". The average Jose in the street, after hearing these rants, probably smiles and says "That Hugo, always sticking it to the American gringos. What a character!" It remains to be seen, however, how long this routine will last with the people......style without substance always wears thin after a while.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
People are still mad at America. It's no surprise to see that anger reflected on the current administration. I just wish the world would see that we are trying very, very hard to make amends for the things the past administration has done. Of course, this won't happen over night. The only thing people as individuals can hope to do to help the crisis is stay positive and not get caught up in negative thinking.

I've always thought that it is only a small group of people who are really trying to harm the world. Most people simply want to live their lives in peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Oh, I think he is a dictator, but I'm not criticizing Hugo here. I'm not sure he's wrong in this instance and besides, I can appreciate a good diplomatic insult, especially from someone like Chavez that I really don't take very seriously.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If Chavez would value his oil off the dollar we would love him the next day and say what great and kind man he is. We would also go back to being buddies with Iran if they would as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join