It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chávez Denounces Obama as 'Ignorant'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Chávez Denounces Obama as 'Ignorant'

www.nytimes.com

“At least one could say, ‘poor ignorant person,’ ” Mr. Chávez said on his weekly television and radio program, adding that Mr. Obama “should read a little bit so that he learns about the reality.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 3/22/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
lol this is all we need more people calling us ignorant.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/22/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

the big O is learning fast that you can't win everyone with a big ole smile

He doesn't need this now to add to his list of problems

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

He also called him an ignoramous. I had to laugh as I had not heard that word in about 15 years. Now the real question is what is Sean Penn going to do? He loves both men and will now need to make a choice.....

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I guess Obama is finding out this week that its not quite as easy dealing with third world dictators as he thought. Its not as easy to tame the zealots in Iran and Venezuela as it is the zealots back home. Welcome to the real world, Barack.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think he just might be pointing out that Obama is puppet and doesn't even know it.

I actually like Chavez to tell you the truth, a little too...dictarial for my tastes but he calls them like he sees em'.

Poor Obama is right, he should do some reading, start with the constitution and not see it as just a suggestino as others do.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
hahahahahahaha
damn, how would you feel if you were the leader of the free world and got called ignorant by a 3rd rate? hahahaha.
Heis just calling it as it is, and I believe that he is right on this issue.
Maybe if he cut his hair different it will have a different effect on the people hes trying to win over.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Poor Obama is right, he should do some reading, start with the constitution and not see it as just a suggestino as others do.

~Keeper

President Obama was the senior lecturer at the University of Chicago Law school and he taught constitutional law classes. Although Obama has inaccuratley called him self a proffesor. There is a difference between proffesor and senior lecturer. but that is besides the point.

He knows the constitution ALOT better than you think and many people give him credit for.

More infor about his teaching constitutional law can be found on multiple websites. here is a google search result to save you some time

www.google.com...
Chavez just hates the US in general. He has said similar things about George Bush, and it is not surprise that he is saying things about some one who politically is the exact opposite of Bush (Obama)

EDIT: Just wanted to add, that before any of you go crazy and start slinging around names such as 'Obamaniac etc... I am not. I did not vote for him , I didnt vote for McCain either. In general Obama has not done anything to impress me yet... so for what thats worth

[edit on 22-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

In that case then he's pretty bold attempting to remove all of American's rights provided by the Constitution, you'd think he'd know better eh?

So much for change we can all believe in, more like change they can believe in.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

In that case then he's pretty bold attempting to remove all of American's rights provided by the Constitution, you'd think he'd know better eh?

So much for change we can all believe in, more like change they can believe in.

~Keeper

Do you really think so? I mean, Keep in mind I am no obamaniac and did not vote for him etc... But I havent really seen any signs that he has done anything like that or even tried anything like that. Then again I am certainly not on the ball when it comes to politics...

What of George Bush and the stuff he pulled and the seeming not to care about the constitution at all? Is he not partly responsible for what is happening to our country?

On that note, It does seem that since he does know alot about the constitution that could aid him Obama in finding loopholes and what not in order to get things going how he wants them too....

[edit on 22-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Chavez is a fascist scumbag. Maybe he should try reading something.

MBF

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't think that Chavez has a problem with the American people, just the government. Face it, lots of us have a problem with the government and we live here. I never thought I would agree with Chavez, but I don't think that Obama is in touch with reality either.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

I guess Obama is finding out this week that its not quite as easy dealing with third world dictators as he thought. Its not as easy to tame the zealots in Iran and Venezuela as it is the zealots back home. Welcome to the real world, Barack.

I'm sure you are not regarding Chavez as a dictator lol Please don't tell me you said that, and please don't tell me you are gonna come back and back your claims, that would mean the end of the world. Amazingly someone in previous post said that "ohh there we go again, someone else calling us ignorant"(the quote is not exact just added a little taste".

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Opps, parties over! So much for the World loving us. Must be a racist World.

Don't blaim me, I wrote in Domestic terrorist #1 Ron Paul on my ballot

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Nah, don't worry. I'm not going to justify my opinions to you.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Do you really think so? I mean, Keep in mind I am no obamaniac and did not vote for him etc... But I havent really seen any signs that he has done anything like that or even tried anything like that.

Yes i think so, he's trying right now with this mandatory service he's trying to get passed. The 13th amendment abolished slavery, and says that niether slavery nor involuntary servitude shall exist in the United States, or anyplace subject to their jurisdiction. The only time it is to be allowed is when it is as punishment for a crime that the person has been duly convicted of.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
so is this just another thing bush and obama have in common now?

The world think's there both ignorant lol

dang us Americans and our choice's for president.

Who pick's them for us anyways?
Yes we vote them in but the gop doc what ever says ok you can run.
So technically 2 democrat's can't be on the ballot for president ect ect..

Either way we go we are feed these jerkoff's as president's.

I never said i want my choice to be either obama or Hillary Clinton.
I had no dog in that race.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Chavez's political bread and butter is blaming the US for all of Venezuela's problems, and the world's.

It sells well in Latin America for obvious historical reasons: the US has thrown it's weight around down there a lot, often with unpleasant results for the locals.

Chavez is a demagogue and he needs to rally people around a boogeyman: and we're it.

It really doesn't matter who the President is or what his policies are.

[edit on 3/22/09 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
so is this just another thing bush and obama have in common now?

The world think's there both ignorant lol

Chavez = World ? O_o

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Sean Penn is one of the only actors that I don't mind seeing speak up on these issues.
He has genuine passion.

And he is usually spot-on in his analysis, at least from my perspective.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join