It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kroft to Obama: Are you punch drunk?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Jesus christ give the man 90 days before you start the pointless baseless attacks that really come across as some kind of unconscious racism more than kind of legit criticism. The anti-Obama sentiment in this country since he took office has been absolutely pathetic. There has been so few criticism based in any kind of reality and so much dramatic insulting non-sense being said by people who are obviously just not comfortable with Obama for one reason or another unrelated to politics. The conservative and racist sects in this country have just become silly children since Jan. 20th

[edit on 22-3-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

funny stuff coming from a liberal who gave george bush 0 days before you started attacking him

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

On the subject of "Obama didn't start this mess..." Are we waiting for Billy Joel to re-release "We didn't start the fire?"

Seriously folks, didn't Obama promise that he could be President from "Day One"? Or was that Hillary?

We are in a financial mess, one that Obama knew about 8 months ago. He campaigned as the guy who was going to change Washington and who was going to turn things around. If he wasn't up to the task then he should have bowed out of the race.

Now his supporters are saying, "Give him some time to grow into the job." Shamefull.

We need a leader and we need him now. Not someone who can't speak without a script, or who giggles like a silly school girl when things get tough. We need someone to take charge and give orders, not listen to focus group polls. I hate to say it, but Obama is not it.

I was hoping that he would be, now I have changed my mind. How is that for hope and change?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you know what caused the stock market to go so high? It wasn't Bush but the cheap credit that was in supply at the time. In order to prevent a stock market downturn after the dot com bust, Greenspan lowered the interest rate dramatically. Not a good idea. Many of the problems we see today can be traced back to that decision. And the dot com bust as far as I know had nothing to do with Clinton. A lot of these important decisions are carried out by the fed.

How do you prove causality? You can't. You can't say which event produced the downturn in the stock market, and to say "Obama" is ridiculous. Banks were dropping like flies the whole time before Obama was in office. **Credit problems** are what caused the stock market to go down.

If there was confidence in the market, they wouldn't need to have confidence in Obama. It's like a little kid that falls off his bike and looks to his dad to fix him up. If the market confidence is high, you don't have any dependency on a president. The market should be totally independent of what government is doing.

Diplomacy with Great Britain is the last thing we need to worry about right now. All you complaining about DVDs should go on the Martha Stewart show and tell everyone about "creative gift" ideas that are perfect for the holidays! Really people, set your priorities when you're critiquing Obama. Mass murderer I can see being put against someone, DVD giver? uhhhh, yeah don't think so. Quit being so vane.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Being too "serious" in my opinion is the cause of over half of our problems in this world. Seriously(
) think about it.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
[

Originally posted by kinda kurious
if Obama is so bad and was impeached, would you and your mob be content with Biden as Prez?

Me and my mob?
Newsflash ... being a 'mob' that is angry at the incompetence of the POTUS is much better then being a sheeple who goes along for the ride.........Being a freak'n moron and totally unable to do the job of POTUS isn't enough to get a person impeached. Too bad for us.

Why can't you answer a simple question? I'll speak slower for ya'.

Would......you......prefer.....Biden.....as.....Prez?
(Since you detest President Obama so much.)

I'll give ya a hint. YES........or.......NO.

Toodles......KK

[edit on 23-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

"Obama is the banking sector", what?! He is not the banking sector lol. Not sure how things work over in France but that's not the case over here.

"It's his job to fix it" Yes, a president should try to do all they can. But it's like someone who jumps off a 3 story building and goes to the doctor - "It's his job to fix it". You can only do so much to help when this crisis has been in the making for probably over a decade. 30 years of smoking, getting cancer, and going to the doctor saying "Fix me"...that's what this is equal to.
I know France likes to control things more so than over here, do keep that in mind when demanding "government" to fix everything in our country.

The guy has to have some time off to do things that are enjoyable, to say he can't watch TV is ridiculous. He does have other people working on these things besides him...

The pork was less than 1% of the total money, again, get your priorities straight.

What this country needed and did not get was someone who would take office and acknowledge that this problem was created over a period of time."

Umm....I think everyone acknowledges that. That's why the fallout from years of mismanagement can't be all placed on Obama. Really he shouldn't have done any sort of bailout of the banks, auto industry, economy ect. That isn't the role of government and Ron Paul agrees. These assets need to be liquidated and once things hit rock bottom, things can be correctly built back up. So I have to laugh at some how criticize the bailout and say "This is how the bailout should have gone, he sucks!" NO bailouts should have went out, that is fair.

Gordon brown was humiliated by Obama and is still getting the heat in the press.

He needs to grow some balls frankly if that's the case.

and have an objective view of what is happening right now.

I kinda do, and I also have the information down which helps.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I haven't seen anyone on this thread calling for his impeachment (maybe I missed it) - because those who can see what this charlatan truly is do NOT want Biden or Pelosi in charge. We are just calling a spade a spade and discussing our concerns over this man who was voted in.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I am so sorry. Perhaps you missed my original query and just popped in for a "Drive-by."

Here you are again: (Caution requires reading / comprehension skills.)

"OK, seeing how this is a conspiracy site and all, shall we hypothetically postulate that Obama is as bad as you all say he is and is impeached.

I believe that would leave Vice-President Biden as Commander in Chief. Would you all be happier then? Or are you proposing some kind of party-swapping regime change? "

It was a hypothetical.

Gosh how could I possibly think that you all were unhappy with his performance after the pages upon pages of spewing vitriol.

So you don't want him impeached, you just want him around as a punching bag to vent your selfish frustrations of your miserable life, all because of him? Oh I get it. Sorry.......my bad.

Toodles.............KK

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You keep saying that anyone who doesnt think Obama is the right person to handle this mess, or criticizes him is miserable.

You seem to focus a lot on "feeling good." What makes you think that politics either makes you feel miserable or good? Sometimes it is just intellectual opinion, which you may or may not share, and it isnt a "feeling" issue at all.

You seem to have a vested interest in demonstrating that you are "better" than those who criticize Obama, even if that "better" is limited to your feelings, which you try to prove by asserting that we must all be miserable.

Im not miserable. If you feel good, I think that is most excellent. Kudo's. I think feeling good is a wonderful thing. But politics isnt really about feelings. It is about issues, and strategy, and outcomes. And many of us dont involve our feelings when deciding those types of things.

Bush exploited the national feelings of fear, outrage, and grief and the emotional desire for revenge to lead us into a war. I shared all of those feelings. But I didnt agree with the war.

Obama gave powerful speeches that filled people with hope and idealism. I was moved by his campaign speeches too. They were great. But I dont vote with my heart, so I voted for the Constitution party.

The reason politics is such a mess is because we allow feelings to make decisions our heads should make. And politicians know this, and manipulate our emotions with images and soundbites and speeches. Emotions have their place, and they are wonderful things that serve us, but there are times when emotion works against coming to sound judgments. I would say politics is one place where that is true.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

....And frankly, I want to hear everyone's opinions, not just those you won't basely accuse of ignorance, without so much as any meaningful contribution to the conversation. That's kind of partisan zealotry belongs elsewhere.
[edit on 22-3-2009 by Maxmars]

Well MM...I agree the accusations of race being the motivation for these threads is getting tired, but, alas.. I can understand the struggle to understand the root of these kinds of critizisms...

..they are without substance and more tabloid than any sort of "meaningful contribution" to a any discussion...and if you want to exclude the "partisan zealotry" from the boards I would expect you would hear nothing but crickets chirping on threads such as these.

Today President Obama released his plan for sorting through the toxic derivatives and restarting the credit flow..easy pickings for partisan zealotry and petty politics.....but this thread? Well it ranks below petty politics in light of the daily news.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Kinda, I'll answer your question...NO, I would not like Biden as president, while he has made his chops in foreign relations, I don't think he has any idea what to do with this finanacial mess.

part 2...NO I would not like Pelosi as president, talk about someone who is pushing a big government agenda...personally I don't think she cares one bit about Obama's competency one way or another....she has a liberal agenda for bigger goverment and cares not what happens to Obama.

Me, I did not vote Obama nor McCain...was living overseas till late October of last year and did not get registered in time.

I will give Obama the benefit of the doubt, but I gotta be honest, his time to get a functioning team up and working as well as get a grasp of the problems we face is quickly running out.

As of this writing, he acts like a deer caught in the headlights.

edit for spelling
edit for spelling again...damn Texas schools

[edit on 23-3-2009 by deadbang]

[edit on 23-3-2009 by deadbang]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Having a negative opinion of The Big "O" is just that---an opinion. All presidents must endure the critisism in the first 100 days. Besides, the Big "O" hasn't really given Americans much to cheer about. He just keeps saying he inherited this mess.
How long is he going to get away with that??? The only thing I like about this stimulus package, is that it belongs to the Democrats all the way. If it suceeds, they can have the credit, if it fails, don't blame it on the Republicans.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thanks so much for you assessment of me after a half dozen posts.

You have pretty much figured me out. My cover is blown.
I can now cease my life-long quest for enlightenment and self enrichment.
Do you accept Pay Pal?

Just when I was working through my passive-aggressiveness and approaching manic depression on my life-long quest to be bipolar.

Ironically I feel that it is you who projects as if they are slightly above the meager fray. Perceptions are a funny thing.

I have a few holes in my socks and a little dirt under my fingernails, I like it that way.

I have learned that if you do certain things, it doesn't bother other people. It is only when you don't do the things THEY EXPECT you to do that it does.

Illusions Are, in fact, Grander. And all too often, Greater Than Reality.

Your moniker suits you. Good Day.......KK

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Ironically I feel that it is you who projects as if they are slightly above the meager fray. Perceptions are a funny thing.

Hmmm. And I didnt even have to use the "typing for slow people" technique for you to get that impression.

Why can't you answer a simple question? I'll speak slower for ya'.

Would......you......prefer.....Biden.....as.....Prez?
(Since you detest President Obama so much.)

I must be getting good in my old age.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Uncle. I give up you win. That was classic. I been outwitted.

( More fun than popping bubble-wrap. )

Sincerely......KK

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've been watching Obama try to settle in and do the job he applied for but seeing him in action is a bit like watching amateur hour on the so-called talent shows. The poor man just doesn't have a clue.

Yes, the mess was here when he was hired but he didn't "inherit" it; he ASKED for it. Spent oodles of dollars chasing the chance to take on the mess. Said he'd hit the ground running. Day one he could handle it. Maybe by the end of his term we can stop saying, "he's only been in 4 years, give the man a chance".

Frankly, his lack of qualifications and experience for the job of commander in chief is glaringly obvious to more and more people every day. Amateur hour, folks. We're watching amateur hour while the country spirals out of control.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Have to laugh at all the true Americans now laughing at Obama and saying he is incompetent for this position.

Your #ing americans! the american sitting next to you would be incompetent for that position, it was americans who got the country into this mess and you all bitch about an american who wants to take you out of it!

Where were all you when bush was spending $10000000000000 on war? and now today to keep the troops in Iraq, with food and the rest of it?

You know why the usa has not been hit by any men of terror from 9/11? because they are all at home #ting themselves, looking at the news and thinking to themselves = # that, we're staying out of that mess.

War after war after war, one of thee most war rage countries in this world, you have killed more innocnets than the Nazis and red army put together. you have sent your own troops into places like Nam and other rice eating countries, that you had no place in being. You sent your cia into train the men of terror that are now ripping apart your sons and daughters in the sand.

And now as the jobs are being lost, as the houses are being taken, as the people are saying that the country is falling apart, now you say with a voice, why, what, when?

The "little and often" was never played out and now it does not matter how loud you sream, or how many of you scream it. The fact is, that many people are siting back and watching these "fat cats" getting their big pays, big pays that are coming straight from the bailouts, straight from your own pocket, and people are saying, GOOD OLD AMERICA, sticking to the plan.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Seems like people forget about the Republicans and WHAT THEY DID....!!!!!

The Republicans who started a war based on lies of immaginary weapons mass destruction which caused according to souces 800'000 thousand dead civilians in Iraq and 1/4 of the population to become refugees...

Think about that for a minute.... 800'000 civilians dead?!!!!!

Because of the republican WMD lies. Also thousands of American troops dead and many more wounded.

President Obama was one of very few american politicans that had the guts to criticize the pointless war.

Also, republicans caused the financial meltdown and current economic global crisis with their inabilty to regulate wall street and general mismanagement of the economy. Obama criticized the lack of regulation way before he became candidate.

The financial crisis is NOT something you're going to fix over night. It takes time and the whiners should remember who is responsible for the crimes against humanity and the financial collapse... That's right, the former administration under GW Bush!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by dolphinfan
Get off your high horse. If it was not for the complaining American's you'd all be goose-stepping on that island of yours.

Battle of Britain - not an American in sight. After that, they were never coming here.

Uh, can you say "lend-lease program" that provided the warships it took to protect the convoys bringing supplies to the UK? That's what enabled England to win the Battle of Britain. Britain would never have survived on it's own. Two things saved it - U.S. military and financial support and the (really stupid) German decision to attack Russia instead of the U.K.

[edit on 3/23/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
Though I did not see the interview refered to, laughing can just be a way of expressing being tense. Give the guy a chance, wait for the 4 years to end to make up the final balance. Geeez.

Once and for all. The left never waited 4 years to see how the Bush presidency would turn out. They never even waited 4 months. They never even waited 4 days.

So, "Geeez" to you and everyone else that thinks obama should get a free pass just because ---- well, because of what????

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join