It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 government databases 'will break the law'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

10 government databases 'will break the law'

rinf.com

AT least 10 of the giant government databases built or planned by ministers unlawfully breach privacy, according to a report.

The computer registers — including the DNA database, the national identity register, the Contactpoint child protection database and the health service patients’ register – all breach human rights and data protection laws, the Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust will say in research released tomorrow.

It argues that they should be scrapped or fundamentally redesigned to take privacy objections into account.

The report, whose joint author, an academic expert on privacy at Cambridge University who is one of the most respected in Britain, warns that ministers are planning to spend a further £100 billion on information technology databases over the next five years while only 30% of big information technology projects succeed.

Claims by the government that the databases make the provision of public services such as health easier are dismissed as “illusory”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I see this as "invasion of privacy", and a significant way to control the population, and deprive them of their freedom.
Big brother doesn't want it's people free, it wants to dominate. When are people going to wake up? How many stories like this does it take?
The more i search, the more horrible it becomes. I talk often in my other posts about manipulation. But this is the ultimate manipulation of man vs man.
I dream of a world with no bounderies, and freedom of the mind. It might be wishfull thinking...
When are we going be free from these dominators?

Peace.

rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It would seem the the phrases government and 'will break the law',seemingly go hand in hand nowdays.

Cant say im shocked or surprised anymore,its almost becoming expected.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
It would seem the the phrases government and 'will break the law',seemingly go hand in hand nowdays.

Cant say im shocked or surprised anymore,its almost becoming expected.

Indeed, i agree 100%. Technology seems to be against us sometimes. We need it in certain areas like in hospitals, but to use technology against the people is an outrage. I'm trying my best to stay out of the "system". The less my name appears in databases, the better it is...

top topics

join