It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Society Of Gays

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
[edit on 24-3-2009 by desertelite]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Having worked for many years at a company who's employees were primarily gay & lesbian - - I was the odd woman out being straight. It was really kind of funny. I got teased a lot.

They were as varied in personality - likes/dislikes - etc - - - as any group of people.

They were just plain old "normal".

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
Just the fact that the media and entertainment keep ramming down real men's throats that doing things women do are okay. It's not.

So to speak.

Originally posted by andy1033
I think in a position of power, you have to be compromised, to get that position, that’s how they control you. I think Obama is definitely compromised, he gets his day in the light, for what ever he done, or had to do.

I doubt if you are unwilling to do certain things you would ever be allowed to get to the top.

Bingo. Such compromise need not necessarily include sexuality, but there's no doubt it often times does. What better sword of Damocles to hold over someone’s head than a sexual peccadillo? What better method of control than such blackmail?

Originally posted by huckfinn
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

In one of the scenarios I developed regarding humans is that you can be in a apparently heterosexual relationship and it be gay or lesbian and vice versa.

I've come the realization that the world is a lot more mixed up than it appears.

I am not being sarcastic.

I find that to be a very salient observation huck. It's all a matter of degrees IMO. Few there be that have had no curiosity about the same sex, or the opposite. Most allow fear to rule over such tendencies rather than reason. Fear tends to get projected onto others. This is true for homo's and hetero's.

We need to live and let live without attempts at forcing acceptance. Much less conversion.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by ahnggk

Whats a real man?..as far as i know it comes down to genitalia..which gay men also have.Could you describe what a *real man* is and what a *fake man* is?

I was being figurative with that statement. More in the way how 'real men' think.

Men are generally non-conformists, rebellious, brave(not hiding in the first sign of trouble to avoid damaging their pretty faces), not pleasure-oriented, and not easily deceived(by money, etc).

And if there's really a conspiracy for control of humanity for evil purposes, then the real men can represent a resistance to their plans. What a better way to neutralize them beginning with how they think

Well not necessarily turning men into gays(where you begin to be sexually attracted to males).. But when men also start to think like women. That's when we also begin to lose diversity of thoughts, humanity as a whole suffers loss of radical ideas. It's quite obvious nowadays how media is bombarding our thoughts that's 'it's the feminine men who gets rich and gets the women'. Little did they know, it's also killing our ability to think critically

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Dood!
They dont call it
"Skull n Bones" fer nuthin!

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I know bill was a class act. yea right.

But i have always wondered about Hillery.

If it was not a marriage of convenience between two politicians.

Maybe between womanizer and a ????????

Satire works

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Men are generally non-conformists, rebellious, brave(not hiding in the first sign of trouble to avoid damaging their pretty faces), not pleasure-oriented, and not easily deceived(by money, etc).

You are kidding right? Men not easily deceived by money? Women? Power? That is pretty ridiculous statment. And actually men are usually more conformist the then rest when there is a reward involved. Men usually operate on the reward orientated side. Very much pleasure oriented my friend, the average male thinks about sex every 36 seconds is it? Wow, you tell me they are not pleasure oriented....

And if there's really a conspiracy for control of humanity for evil purposes, then the real men can represent a resistance to their plans. What a better way to neutralize them beginning with how they think

You are implying that only men would be the participants of such an evil plan, or that only men could stop the group of people attempting to take control?

What makes you think the top of the pyramid isn't filled with women? And man's thinking usually involves just getting a bigger stick then the one you are attempting to defeat.

Well not necessarily turning men into gays(where you begin to be sexually attracted to males).. But when men also start to think like women. That's when we also begin to lose diversity of thoughts, humanity as a whole suffers loss of radical ideas.

The diversity of thought has long been on the side of men my friend. Women have never ruled the world except for a very few notable examples in the "known" history of our species. We still have a lack of diversity in thought because we still operate on the idea that we are separate from one another, ganging up in bands to beat the others teams.

It's quite obvious nowadays how media is bombarding our thoughts that's 'it's the feminine men who gets rich and gets the women'. Little did they know, it's also killing our ability to think critically

So using a more logic side of thinking and an out of the box approach to solving problems, is hindering our ability to think critically? That's kind of an odd statement considering what we've learned of man's leadership throughout history.

Now I am a man, and in know what think that we are inferior to women, I think our culture still thinks quite the opposite. The men who are caught in their mindsets, giving no room for new ideals or evolved thought are preventing us from critical thinking and hindering our ability to act as human beings and treat each other correctly. I say this only because at the current moment our world is still very male dominated.

~Keeper

[edit on 3/25/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You are kidding right? Men not easily deceived by money? Women? Power? That is pretty ridiculous statment. And actually men are usually more conformist the then rest when there is a reward involved. Men usually operate on the reward orientated side. Very much pleasure oriented my friend, the average male thinks about sex every 36 seconds is it? Wow, you tell me they are not pleasure oriented....

I could say of these things because I've actually met such man who stood his ground and sacrificed big opportunities just to do the right thing. My late Grandpa. He made such a profound impact on his family. Even though they are very poor, not one of his sons and daughters committed any crime to this day, never prostituted themselves to anything, never divorced, not one gay in the whole family, some became missionaries overseas, a big help to the local community, everyone simply held an upright living. A man of few but big words.

You are implying that only men would be the participants of such an evil plan, or that only men could stop the group of people attempting to take control?...

Nope. There will always be an exception, I'm pretty sure of that

What makes you think the top of the pyramid isn't filled with women? And man's thinking usually involves just getting a bigger stick then the one you are attempting to defeat.

I don't disagree with you on this one

The diversity of thought has long been on the side of men my friend. Women have never ruled the world except for a very few notable examples in the "known" history of our species. We still have a lack of diversity in thought because we still operate on the idea that we are separate from one another, ganging up in bands to beat the others teams.

Yes I know, diversity has always been with men.. For the most part. It's good to note that most individuals who made a profound impact on the world in a positive way are men who are non-violent.

So using a more logic side of thinking and an out of the box approach to solving problems, is hindering our ability to think critically? That's kind of an odd statement considering what we've learned of man's leadership throughout history.

Power corrupts. Like I said, only a 'real man' or should I say it like this, 'only brave men who can stand their ground' could resist such temptations.

But in reality, 'real men' don't get elected to such high positions. Doing so requires a lot of conforming. Conforming to usually corrupted practices, no matter benign it's mentioned.

Now I am a man, and in know what think that we are inferior to women, I think our culture still thinks quite the opposite. The men who are caught in their mindsets, giving no room for new ideals or evolved thought are preventing us from critical thinking and hindering our ability to act as human beings and treat each other correctly. I say this only because at the current moment our world is still very male dominated.

Well this is the result that now that men are doing what women do or vice versa. I think men and women are equals in different ways. I know for sure, that men excel in the inventive side of things while women in the 'order' side of things. Doesn't mean one is better than the other as a whole.

I think this society is putting us in the wrong side of things... Towards places where our potential aren't harnessed to the full.

I hope I didn't make it sound like non 'real men' are automatically gay, no. I've explained it earlier what makes man a gay. He can be very feminine without being gay.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No I totally got you. I didn't really go into much detail either. Your points were totally valid though. I think your points were very resonant with my own findings.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You didn't read further on in the thread..

Thanks for the personal attack. I'll take mine with two lumps, please.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

Just the fact that the media and entertainment keep ramming down real men's throats that doing things women do are okay. It's not.

So to speak.

Originally posted by andy1033
I think in a position of power, you have to be compromised, to get that position, that’s how they control you. I think Obama is definitely compromised, he gets his day in the light, for what ever he done, or had to do.

I doubt if you are unwilling to do certain things you would ever be allowed to get to the top.

Bingo. Such compromise need not necessarily include sexuality, but there's no doubt it often times does. What better sword of Damocles to hold over someone’s head than a sexual peccadillo? What better method of control than such blackmail?

Actually there is a guy on YouTube who claims to have provided "professional" services to Barack Obama

Originally posted by huckfinn

In one of the scenarios I developed regarding humans is that you can be in a apparently heterosexual relationship and it be gay or lesbian and vice versa.

I've come the realization that the world is a lot more mixed up than it appears.

I am not being sarcastic.

I find that to be a very salient observation huck. It's all a matter of degrees IMO. Few there be that have had no curiosity about the same sex, or the opposite. Most allow fear to rule over such tendencies rather than reason. Fear tends to get projected onto others. This is true for homo's and hetero's.

We need to live and let live without attempts at forcing acceptance. Much less conversion.

I'm a guy and I've never had a homosexual fantasy. I've had plenty of fantasies with women, but that's probably besides the point.
Part of the gay agenda is to tell everybody that they are "naturally" bi-sexual.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by ahnggk

Whats a real man?..as far as i know it comes down to genitalia..which gay men also have.Could you describe what a *real man* is and what a *fake man* is?

I was being figurative with that statement. More in the way how 'real men' think.

Well not necessarily turning men into gays(where you begin to be sexually attracted to males).. But when men also start to think like women. That's when we also begin to lose diversity of thoughts, humanity as a whole suffers loss of radical ideas. It's quite obvious nowadays how media is bombarding our thoughts that's 'it's the feminine men who gets rich and gets the women'. Little did they know, it's also killing our ability to think critically

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ahnggk]

I just have to agree with this statement, despite me "allways" lecture in the name of acceptance for "Gender-crossers" and various orientations of so called mental and spiritual genders. In fact, I am happy that the reality of the existence and the varieties of various genders and orientations have been so "integrated" in Society as it has now.

However, something that is completely ridiculous is the simultaneous Media-portrayal of the "classic" Man as being something silly, clumpsy or even downright wrong. It is seen popping up repeatedly, and people are bombaded with this image again and again. God knows where it came from and how it started, but it wont last- unless people, and especially Males, LET it last.
Fortunately, this portrayal have already been heavily objected against by many.

People have to realize, that we ALL have to give each other acceptance in this World; Macho, feminine, androgyne, female, male, inbetween, what ever. This is the only way to mutual understanding and peace between all groups- and for all and everyone to live together in harmony.

Oh and this; It's quite obvious nowadays how media is bombarding our thoughts that's 'it's the feminine men who gets rich and gets the women'.
Answer: No, the feminine Men gets the REAL Men, just as they want.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm supposing this is a man - describing what a "Real" man is.

Can't wait to hear what he describes as a "Real" woman - - oh wait - yes I can.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Actually, No.
Sorry to have ruined your view of all "Real Men" conspiring together.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Nightchild]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Actually, No.

Hardly - - I'm a 62+ year old gramma - went through women's lib - burning bras - Hippie Free Love - couple of divorces - engagement to a Cajun Jazz saxophonist - grew up on the CA beaches near Hollywood - etc. - - and am currently married to a man 21 years younger.

I know my men.

Stereotypes are just that - stereotypes. And I'm sure there are many many men who are totally relieved they don't have to live up to that "Mountain Man" stereotype any more.

We are way past the age when men had to be the physical protector.

Give me intelligence and sensitivity - - every time.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I certainly have to agree that the whole "protector" man theory is outdated and no longer needed in today's world where equality is the ruling factor ( mostly) and women can do all of the things that men claim to be men things as good if not better.

I'd much rather the kind, sensitive type of person I have at home that some macho, egotistical man whom for fear of prejudice or fear of change still clings to those 20th century ideals.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Actually, No.

Hardly - - I'm a 62+ year old gramma - went through women's lib - burning bras - Hippie Free Love - couple of divorces - engagement to a Cajun Jazz saxophonist - grew up on the CA beaches near Hollywood - etc. - - and am currently married to a man 21 years younger.

I know my men.

Stereotypes are just that - stereotypes. And I'm sure there are many many men who are totally relieved they don't have to live up to that "Mountain Man" stereotype any more.

We are way past the age when men had to be the physical protector.

Give me intelligence and sensitivity - - every time.

Then by that reason, you also consider other "types" of genders as stereotypes aswell? And speaking of "stereotypes"; Esactly what IS a "Stereotype"? It is a word that is used and thrown around constantly, foremost by so called Genus-studiers and feminists, but without ever been combined with any explanation of exactly WHY a certain type of gender would be considered a Stereotype, And not any least; Why that type of gender-expression would not exist, which is allways the mainpoint the users of this word try to make.

So; Why would the "classic stereotypes" of genders NOT exist, and why are they looked upon by certain people as being something so horrible? Do these people feel threatened? Surely they must do so, as they wants to lock these "stereotypes" inside the closet and throw away the key.

That said, and regarding "Real Men", a "Real Man"- for me, can be either a so called Macho, aswell as a androgyne beauty with long flowing hair. It is the things done, together with the personality, that makes someone a "Man"- or, a "Woman". In addition, the most feminine chicks I know personally, have all been born boys, physically speaking.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So; Why would the "classic stereotypes" of genders NOT exist, and why are they looked upon by certain people as being something so horrible? Do these people feel threatened? Surely they must do so, as they wants to lock these "stereotypes" inside the closet and throw away the key.

I don't know how you cannot understand that stereotypes are very wrong and un-needed in today's society. It simply allows peole to lump in individuals into a broader group and generalize their behaviours in an attempt to figure out what they will do, think, say in any given situation.

We are individuals, and should be free of labels, whether it be macho or sensitive, we are simply put men, it is as you say the actions and behaviours that make men.

That said, and regarding "Real Men", a "Real Man"- for me, can be either a so called Macho, aswell as a androgyne beauty with long flowing hair. It is the things done, together with the personality, that makes someone a "Man"- or, a "Woman". In addition, the most feminine chicks I know personally, have all been born boys, physically speaking.

Then certainly you understand how such stereotypes are false and are simply an attempt to divide us and keep us fighting amongst ourselves.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Gender is DNA based and entirely pointless...

Especially when we get cross-gender people, people who have an extra couple Xs or Ys, like... I really just don't see gender I see characteristics. Having certain anatomy is a characteristic. Doesn't make you who you are, though.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I AM also - a supporter of biology. Physically brains are different between certain groups.

I support the birth make-up of your brain does have some effect on how you handle situations. Science is doing a lot of study now on "born criminals" by brain scans.

However - recent science believes the brain also develops by need. Your personal need activates specific areas of the brain pertaining to that need. There is reason for saying - keep your mind active.

If you are interested in math and focus on math - - that part of the brain will develop to accommodate.

So yes - I think inherent desire for man to protect and woman to nurture - - are there - - but weakening. As humans develop in other areas - - away from animal traits - - they will lose many of those instincts.

But - as science once thought male/female was black and white - - - they now support gender is a lot more gray.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join