It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Pepsi Logo - Gravitational Field (PDF)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thought some of you may find this interesting. Document is worth reading so I thought Id post it....

anyway take a look and discuss if its worthy...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
no thoughts on this anyone.....??

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That's pretty amazing if it's true.
I had no idea the golden ratio could be found
in the standard hardcover format of a book.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I couldn't get the PDF to load completely, personally. Perhaps you'll also find more interest if you are a little more clear on what exactly this is about. Although gravitational field and Pepsi logo were enough to get me to look.

[edit on 23/3/09 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think it is just a clever idea of Pepsi to compare their logo with universal design.

Obviously these people have a lot of time playing around with their logo, or I am just plain stupid. I cannot see how these designs are actually based on the concepts they discuss here. I think they took their logo over the years and afterwards try to tie it in with the unviverse, human psychology, etc. in order to give their logo some flavor.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Ysterlong]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
I couldn't get the PDF to load completely, personally. Perhaps you'll also find more interest if you are a little more clear on what exactly this is about. Although gravitational field and Pepsi logo were enough to get me to look.

[edit on 23/3/09 by TravelerintheDark]

no problem - I should have been a little more descriptive but the document shows everything...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Dudes, move on, there's nothing to see here. I worked in advertising for nearly 15 years, and you would not believe what kind of outlandish rationales advertising folk come up with to convince the client of the necessity to do EXACTLY this ad campaign or EXACTLY this logo.

Bottom line is: advertising clients spend a LOT of money to have their logos, ads, commercials, etc. created -- and as the agency, you better come up with REALLY convincing reasons why you did what you did. It goes so far that sometimes you create a campaign from belly instinct and THEN find "rational" reasons why it had to be just the way you made it. Seriously.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sylvie is dead on. You can never walk into a meeting and just go "Hey, check out this logo isn't it cool?" You have to come up with a pile of esoteric b.s. to justify all the money that they just threw at you.

Basically, it's just to have a reply when someone says "Uh, I don't get it" then the creatives can stare at the suits incredulously and go on and on about the golden ratio and gravitational pull and what not until they think they are stupid if they say they don't get it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
Dudes, move on, there's nothing to see here. I worked in advertising for nearly 15 years, and you would not believe what kind of outlandish rationales advertising folk come up with to convince the client of the necessity to do EXACTLY this ad campaign or EXACTLY this logo.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion..

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeah, it's just some advertising spiel to come up with the newest modernized logo for Pepsi. I have to admit though that the document is pretty interesting. I like the way they came up with the new logo. And I think it looks good.

top topics

join