It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Could Spend 25 Years in Prison for Allegedly Torturing Cat, Setting It on Fire

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
This is...just absolutely ridiculous..they should obviously be punished for breaking and entering+ animal cruelty...but 25years?...really...what a way to clog up the system.

You are forgetting breaking and entering. There are no doubt other charges against them as well.

I would be surprised if the had charges of attempted burglury and vandalism Some one needs to throw the book at these clowns and I am glad they chose a rather large book!

Bottom line, 25 years was not just for animal cruelty. It says so right in the article.

n. 1) the criminal act of entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If there is intent to commit a crime, this is burglary. If there is no such intent, the breaking and entering alone is probably at least illegal trespass, which is a misdemeanor crime. 2) the criminal charge for the above.

25 years is very fair when you actually consider the other crimes that have been commited and these two are accused of.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My life experience has given me the impression that humans are generally evil, selfish and greedy, with a few genuinely good people here and there. Animals on the other hand are good due to the lack of intelligence that allows them to desire things. I am more of a dog person but a cat is still a living breathing creature with a nervous system that allows it to feel pain. And I know that my dog is more of my son/best friend than a pet. I would do anything to protect him. The cat did nothing to these people all it ever did was love its owner. These people are a menace to society and should be eliminated in the same way that they killed the cat. No sentence is too much for these people. They need to be lit on fire. I feel very strongly about this subject.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
people do get attached to their pets. cats are not my fave animals in the world but i have 2 (kitty and 2- and yes that is their names) they are both housecats but kitty loves to go outside and escape at any available opportunity.
sometimes my d###head roommate lets her escape
last time it happened she was gone for 5 days and i was distraught until she came back.
if she had been hit by a car i could accept that- but if i found out a bunch of punks caught her and set her on fire and laughed they would never see jail

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I went back and read the whole article, so I understand there were other charges against these kids, but still, 25 years is ridiculous...and why was the cat torturing portion so sensationalized? That's what drew most people in like a vortex. Why don't the people so passionate about animals calling for death and maiming or worse for these two misguided doofuses feel the same compassion for humans? I've known owners of vicious animals that have actually attacked and mauled small children who insist that "Oh, Fluffy is harmless, he just needs to be rehabilitated and retrained". Where is the sympathy for these two boys who may indeed need to be rehabilitated and retrained? Animals aren't going to work to make our society a better place, only we humans can do that. I risk my life to stay in shape becase dog owners around here think it's 'cool' to leave their unsocialized OE sheepdogs chained about 5 inches from the sidewalk to menace kids and passerbys jogging. Others think it's cool to let their large dogs roam leash free, and some do chase. So please don't forgive my view from the "other side", although I have a cat too. I'm not trying to derail this thread at all, but I am genuinely curious as to why die hard animal lovers have such little regard for human suffering, but the moment Sara MacLaughlan (sp) gets on that telemercial singing sad songs about blind and abandoned dogs, or a cat gets tortured, all the sympathy in the universe comes pouring out of you. These young men are suffering and they are in some form of emotional need, and they need some tough love and sympathy. They're not hardened serial rapists, they're two little delinquents that need an intervention, not the book thrown at them.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
reply to post by RE2505

I understand...it's You who don't understand. Put your perception where you're mouth is, and go watch some of the vids I suggested: many incidents of sheer 'brutal torture,' which were caught on vid and revealed.

It had nothing to do with the food supply: I worked in a biologicals dept. annexed to a 'kill' room (for animal parts): warnings were constantly given out: "No more torturing the animals: just the directed method of slaughter." It usually worked for a few weeks. Bad incidents, lots of people involved.

Don't fool yourself. Wake up.

Understand?

Why do you think I would go and seek video clips of animals being tortured? I understand that it goes on, I don't need to view it. You fill your boots. You were comparing the chinese method of preparing food to the meaningless torture of a defenceless animal for nothing. A comparison which is not warranted. Understand yet?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't like cats much so 25 years is kind of overkill.
10 years for cat torture seems fair enough.
I do love dogs though and the penalty for torturing them would have to be death. Sorry, Cat fans.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

Ignorance exemplified...interpolation of animal cruelty.

My wife and I are two decades vegans...

We saw a bumper sticker which you would have liked:

"I love animals...they're delicious."

The connotation to the chinese culinary post was this (for the dull):

The boys who commited the acts are more valuable than the animals, regardless what the pet owners' feel: rehabilitation would be a worthwhile effort, if programs existed, which they don't. Throw 'em in hell in a cell, 'cause people want to pet their pets, and ignore the ignored, who could propbably benefit from some help.

And stop twisting words & statements: I clearly advocated help for the boy, not just chinese cooking methods:

See, reading and comprehension go together. You can obviously read.

Of course...you don't Understand.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

Nighty night, keep your Butthole tight...

I hope that the prison Casanovas are waiting for their "fish" when they arrive.

I don't feel bad for them, better that they spend 25 years in jail than they roam the streets of NYC looking for a human to try it on.

The good side of this is that it may send a message to people who think this sort of thing is fun.

I feel it should be a standard sentence for someone who willfully tortures any living creature.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have had a few cats in my life and they are all so different in personality. They were like my "kids" so to say. What these kids did was CRUEL! They deserve everything they get. I am sure they got to the 25 year mark for many other things done that night too.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
reply to post by RE2505

Ignorance exemplified...interpolation of animal cruelty.

My wife and I are two decades vegans...

We saw a bumper sticker which you would have liked:

"I love animals...they're delicious."

The connotation to the chinese culinary post was this (for the dull):

The boys who commited the acts are more valuable than the animals, regardless what the pet owners' feel: rehabilitation would be a worthwhile effort, if programs existed, which they don't. Throw 'em in hell in a cell, 'cause people want to pet their pets, and ignore the ignored, who could propbably benefit from some help.

And stop twisting words & statements: I clearly advocated help for the boy, not just chinese cooking methods:

See, reading and comprehension go together. You can obviously read.

Of course...you don't Understand.

To be honest I don't really understand what you are arguing for or against any more. What I will say with reference to your help advocation is this: In my opinion any person in a society such as ours (one that values cats and dogs as pets) who tortures an animal by purposely burning it alive is beyond help. Like someone else posted, this is how all the best serial killers started out.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
25 years sounds logical to me. Although a life sentence with no parole would be even more logical.Remember most serial killers get their start torturing animals. The Ice Man...a seriously pathalogical and evil dude sarted his jollies by shoving squirming kittens into his apartment basements incinerator.

Burning other living creatures is psychotic...period. there is no rehabilitation for any person so far gone mentally that they would burn a living being. Doctors can't help with that. medicines don't. the only logical thing you can do is execute them, or to put them in quarentine from the rest of humanity by putting them in prison. Seriously humans that have malfunctioned to that level are trash of the human gene pool and have no viable function anywhere other than to suffer themselves or cause others to suffer. but they do absolutely nothing beneficial to anybody even themselves. they are unfortunately refuse of the human race, needing to be culled. but it's unethical to simply execute them so we put them in prison. but whats less painful in the end a quick death or imprisonment.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
25 Years too much!? I think they deserve similar fates. Garbage posing as human is still garbage. These type need to be eliminated from the planet.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What give's them the right to torture and snuff out the life of a poor defenceless cat? The cat had a right to live his life in peace and comfort. How dare these wicked thugs do this. I hope they rot in hell. 25 years is not enough for this poor cat. What the hell is wrong with people?
There is no excuse!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Seasick

Beautifully written and presented. I see you have a brain...and a heart.

Kudos.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
this is ridiculous, if it was a cow or rat no one would care,

humans own the planet, we should have the right to exploit the lesser species

all they should get charged for is destroying someone elses property and breaking and entering

any amount of years in prison for killing and torturing a cat is most probably the stupidest decision i have ever encountered.

well it really doesnt matter if they were stupid enough to get caught then they deserve to go to be punished.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by eNumbra

it was a cat

it was a cat

Hey cool because that's what the nazis said remember

It's a Jew

It's a Jew

There is no need to kill another animal out of some morbid fascination, how about we give them 6 months and wait for them to break into their next house and murder someone. Yeah!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seasick
I went back and read the whole article, so I understand there were other charges against these kids, but still, 25 years is ridiculous... They're not hardened serial rapists, they're two little delinquents that need an intervention, not the book thrown at them.

ok, 17 and 18, not kids. But, your right. 25 years is ridiculous.
So , let them go free. Just let me know where and when before you do, so I and a few of my very helpful friends can be part of there "intervention"

My intervention therapy wont cost the tax payers anything by the way.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Anubis3.14]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Every living creature has a right to live and be respected. That is its birthright.There is absolutely no reason why a human should be valued more than any other living creature. None whatsoever. You may like animals, or you may dislike them. That is totally besides the point. The fact that those human monsters enjoyed killing an innocent creature ( compare it to an infant or baby ) unable to defend itself is absolutely revolting and totally beyond belief.
It would be too easy to say: let them rot in jail for the next 25 years. To make such a statement would say more about my feelings for revenge than about those kids. This kind of sentiment finds its source in the underbelly of man, and is not helpful at all. I don't think 'eye for an eye tooth for a tooth' is the answer. Nor does a extremely lengthy sentence. Those kids probably end up more screwed up than they were before. I think it would be wiser to place them for an indefinite period in an institution which is specialized in helping people like that. By acting this way we can maybe develop new methods of treatment, and oneday prevent potential screwballs from committing heinous crimes in the first place.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
A quick flick through the posts and i'm quite surprised there's not many do gooders out there who think this punishment is too much. I expected a lot more. As that is how it seems to be these days with people who do wrong. Too many good do-ers get in the way.

I'm also glad to see this happened in the US. If it had of been Britain they'd have probably got a slap on the wrist. A year or 2 in prison. Then help when they get out.

Not really a cat person but could never hurt 1.
Rot in hell is all I can say.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Lee_K]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeanpierre
Every living creature has a right to live and be respected. That is its birthright.

and who decided this birthright, show me where in the universal laws of the universe it says this,

you cannot prove this because it doesnt exist, youre reasoning is based entirely on perspective and ideals not on truth or real logic.

There is absolutely no reason why a human should be valued more than any other living creature. None whatsoever.

well lets see

we were the smartest species and claimed dominance over the world so therefore we make the rules and we decide who is more valued.

that seems to be a reason.

The fact that those human monsters enjoyed killing an innocent creature ( compare it to an infant or baby) unable to defend itself is absolutely revolting and totally beyond belief.

the truth is you cant compare it to an infant or baby because it isnt one, its a different species

and cats are abl;e to defend themselves, they are just an inferior species therefore it is inevitable that they be wiped out or controlled

and oneday prevent potential screwballs from committing heinous crimes in the first place.

i just dont see how this is a heinous crime, ill admit that killing without some purpose for self defense or potential gain is for sadistic fools, but this can only be categorized as a bad incident at most.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join