It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Vice President Biden at Gridiron, on Easter and the President (whispering): 'He thinks it’s about

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN KILLS AT GRIDIRON: “Axelrod really wanted me to do this on teleprompter -- but I told him I’m much better when I wing it. … I know these evenings run long, so I’m going to be brief. Talk about the audacity of hope. … President Obama does send his greetings, though. He can’t be here tonight -- because he’s busy getting ready for Easter. (Whisper) He thinks it’s about him. …

“I know that no president has missed his first Gridiron since Grover Cleveland. Of course, President Cleveland really did have better things to do on a Saturday night. When he was in the White House -- he was married to a 21 year old woman. … I understand these are dark days for the newspaper business, but I hate it when people say that newspapers are obsolete. That’s totally untrue. I know from firsthand experience. I recently got a puppy, and you can’t housebreak a puppy on the Internet.


www.politico.com...

wow seriously?




posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 



And Tim Geithner is always there when you need to borrow money. And no questions asked.


I'm glad its all a big joke to Biden. About the only thing I can imagine worse than having Obama as president would be this guy.



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I hate the things you do!

www.youtube.com...




posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 



And Tim Geithner is always there when you need to borrow money. And no questions asked.


I'm glad its all a big joke to Biden. About the only thing I can imagine worse than having Obama as president would be this guy.


I can't keep up with it all, they are all on something.



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm wondering why Obama picked this guy for VP.

I'm having a hard time figuring this out. Some people said it was so Obama would look smarter than he is compared to Biden, but I think it is having the opposite effect.

I mean this is our future and he is treating all of this like a big joke. I think it would be different if every time you turn on the news and there was good news instead of all the doom and gloom, but this isn't exactly the time to be making jokes about your Treasury Secretary when people are calling for his head.



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
I'm wondering why Obama picked this guy for VP.

I'm having a hard time figuring this out. Some people said it was so Obama would look smarter than he is compared to Biden, but I think it is having the opposite effect.

I mean this is our future and he is treating all of this like a big joke. I think it would be different if every time you turn on the news and there was good news instead of all the doom and gloom, but this isn't exactly the time to be making jokes about your Treasury Secretary when people are calling for his head.



He did it to get elected, as for the new leaders, it seems to me they really don't give a crap.



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Of course it's all a big joke to him.

You do realize that the Gridiron Dinner is an annual event for the very purpose of making fun of the established political entities - right?



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette
 


Well that makes since then. I didn't know that.

second line.



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Of course it's all a big joke to him.

You do realize that the Gridiron Dinner is an annual event for the very purpose of making fun of the established political entities - right?



Is that why Obama didn't go, no sense of humor?



"You know, I never realized just how much power Dick Cheney had until my first day on the job. I walked into my office, and you know how the outgoing president always leaves the incoming president a note in his desk? I opened my drawer and Dick Cheney had left me Barack Obama’s birth certificate."

Biden

You know what they say about things said in jest?



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Is that why Obama didn't go, no sense of humor?


You know what they say about things said in jest?


"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Attributed to Freud.



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Is that why Obama didn't go, no sense of humor?


You know what they say about things said in jest?


"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Attributed to Freud.


Stop that intrepid, I just had visions of Bill Clinton.





posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette
 


It is, but that doesn't mean you throw good judgement out the window entirely. I find the 'joke' about Geithner to be appalling, given the man's role in this current financial bailout disaster.



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   


Originally posted by Stormdancer777
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Attributed to Freud.


Stop that intrepid, I just had visions of Bill Clinton.




And sometimes it's not.


Edit: Fixed BB code.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by intrepid]



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid


Originally posted by Stormdancer777
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Attributed to Freud.


Stop that intrepid, I just had visions of Bill Clinton.




And sometimes it's not.


Edit: Fixed BB code.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by intrepid]


Sometimes, ew



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join