It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke verses Jesus Christ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't quite understand David Icke, either he is in denial of Jesus Christ or he is jealous of him because even though he speaks in his name he denies he exists yet says he is similar to him. He can not have it both ways, lots of people have religious experiences but he claims his own is all his own doing and even when he undertands aspects of the Holy Spirit he denies it in his comments and views of the bible so again where is he going with all this and is Jesus Christ right when he says false prophets will come in his name?

In an interview on the Terry Wogan show that year, he announced that he was "the son of God,"[13] and that Britain would be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes. His statements were met with laughter and ridicule from the studio audience, derision in the press, and suggestions that he was mentally ill. Icke later said that he had been misinterpreted by the media. According to Icke, he used the term "the son of God" "… in the sense of being an aspect, as I understood it at the time, of the Infinite consciousness that is everything. As I have written before, we are like droplets of water in an ocean of infinite consciousness."[17]
Text

After reading this you wonder that it has some truth in this that many people believe along the same lines in Christianity and the gift of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ speaks of us being one body in Christ and extentions of him or God him self in the flesh. So with all these theories of awakennings he says he is the special one but denies everything what the Bible was made for.

He wrote a book called And the Truth Shall Set You Free (1995) and guess what Jesus from the Bible says the exactly the same thing, so again he seems like a disinformation agent of the Bible teachings but claims he is one of the same wavelength as the Christ so he really contradicts him self.

In Tales From The Time Loop and other works, Icke states that most organised religions, especially Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, are Illuminati creations designed to divide and conquer the human race through endless conflicts. In a similar vein, Icke believes racial and ethnic divisions are an illusion promoted by the reptilians, and that racism fuels the Illuminati agenda.
Text

A number of commentators have written that Icke's theories imply a form of antisemitism because of his references to a secret elite that rules the world, including prominent Jewish banking families, who he says planned the Holocaust and financed Adolf Hitler. He also makes reference to the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. In … And the Truth Shall Set You Free he wrote:

I strongly believe that a small Jewish clique which has contempt for the mass of Jewish people worked with non-Jews to create the First World War, the Russian Revolution, and the Second World War. This Jewish/non-Jewish Elite used the First World War to secure the Balfour Declaration and the principle of the Jewish State of Israel. They then dominated the Versailles Peace Conference and created the circumstances which made the Second World War inevitable. They financed Hitler to power in 1933 and made the funds available for his rearmament."[3]

Text

So again we see the pattern to his madness to being no different of Satan's
end time plans told through prophecy to unite the world against Israel and his promotion of this along with Iran's president and even Saddam Hussein is no different in that the world's forces painting the next genocide of hate against the very little Jewish populations that we have already. If the saying goes as doing the devils work then he is not far off.

Icke has strongly denied that his reptiles represent Jews, calling it "friggin' nonsense."[13] "I am not an anti-Semite!", he told The Guardian, "I have a great respect for the Jewish people."[5] He maintains that the reptilians are not human, and therefore not Jewish, but are "extra-dimensional entities" that enter and control human minds. "This is not a Jewish plot. This is not a plot on the world by Jewish people," he told Jon Ronson.[
Text

Maybe he is not but at the same time he is still painting the picture to wipe out God's plan for the Jews told in prophecy for the end times which is also the devils plan to stop their heritage taking place. The bible does speak of Jews being in synagogs of Satan because they deny the Messiah who arrived and rejected him but again there is similarities in his wordings but yet rejection of all religion. God seems to exist with him but not God told through the ages because that would be silly would it?

So is Icke right or an anti-Christ in his chosen views, he seems to absorb the spirit but he spits it back out on its religious routes and makes out its all his own discovery when in fact people have known a lot of what he says through history.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Jesu is a concoted mythology, provable: a composited character, an effigy, entirely contrived. The xtians are not your friends, they are humanities enemies...good luck with developing insight to that: few achieve the freedom of this Knowing and Wisdom.

David Icke is a master metaphysician, and speaks from great depth, Truth.

I am not guessing, I am revealing. That doesn't mean you have the knowledge to comprehend, for I perceived you going around in circles of unknowing confusion in your post, as most are doing these days. Imo.

Do yourself a favor: check out the current 'hot' topic thread on 'the Vatican:' the links given, if perused, will help clarify the confusion (though not entirely). As of this post, the links are still down.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would take what is written to be said by jesus anyday over icke. Icke steals alot of his stuff of others, period, like most.

Be careful of who you listen too, there are plenty of sheeps in wolves clothing.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have been down David Icke's choatic world without knowing he done so him self and seen the real light, I am more than convinced his claims are doing more harm than good. When he speaks of him self as some God its something to worry about you can see he is close to the truth but denies it, I agree there are conspiracies and other beings out there but does not mean its the way he sees them from his sci-fi prospective collective.

I can not make people believe if they don't want to on ATS but I do know there is another truth which keeps being covered up by layers of disinformation and new ageism is just another cover.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I didn't say believe everything David Icke says. And those who wish to believe in the xtain mythos, feel free: ignorance will be punished, for the Truth corrects invariably. Eventually (some will not attain this lifeperiod).

Check the thread I mentioned: it'll give some alternative views to Ickes statements that we are all Sparks of the Oriignal Spark of the WORD.

Adeus.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What he does say is very similar to what Christ of Bible says, my argument is that he is on the opposite side of the spectrum who is starting to accept what was written before but is in self denial of it. The compus can sway from time to time but the truth is some where in the middle and I feel he is on route but keeps wanting to swing till he is sure like many people on here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Icke represents the dark areas of the human psyche. He may characterize himself as a messenger, but he only brings negativity to his audiences. Anyone who's known somebody go through clinical depression or paranoiac episodes will recognize it in Icke. There's a profoundly disturbing 'aura' to his articles and presentations. His allusions to reptilians and bloodlines reflect an aspect of madness that's disturbing. His articles are almost always hostile and vindictive, representing nothing more than his own dark view of the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Did it ever occur to that David Icke is also here to learn, just as everyone else is. David Icke will be the first to tell you that he has learnt a lot on his travels and made plenty of mistakes, but I don't know how you can call the truth negative.

The truth might sometimes be uncomfortable, but it's not negative. A lot of what Icke has said has come true. Most people can now see that. Today, David Icke very rarely if at all talks about reptilians, his message is mainly about human beings turning their backs on fear and embracing their own truth and finding the God within and not the false God as preached by organised religion. We are the sum of our thoughts, what you think is what you are and it will be those thoughts that defines your reality. Sounds positive to me.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The truth shall set you free, that is what the Bible says also funnily enough.

The Children of Abraham
31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Text

4For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. 5But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles." 6I may not be a trained speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.
Text

The One or the one in Christ? Not that much different from what Icke is saying.

1Co 12:14 Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.

1Co 12:15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.
1Co 12:16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.

1Co 12:26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
1Co 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ and each one of you is a part of it.

Text

I don't understand how Icke can show intollerance in saying the Bible is fake and yet he keeps those very verses in which he believes as his own wisdom. People have been there before where he has been but again he seems in denial of it or led astray. I have not heard him say anything good about the Bible but only discredit it with all his research. He does not give credit when it is due even if the he subconciously agreeing with the Bible but does not admit it. He seems to take the reptilian side of the Bible as evidence when it talks about dragons and serpents but he does not give credit for Jesus' own words only when it suites him.

Like they say, the Devil believes in God too, what is the difference with your relationship with him that makes you different?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their opinions & beliefs, but I'm personally not a big believer in organised religion. It clearly states in the Gospel of Thomas not to entrust your spiritual development in the hands of others, be they priests, prophets or politicians, as you're simply leaving yourself wide open to be manipulated & exploited. Basic spiritual common sense if you ask me.

The Children of Abraham
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

This is not the same as "David Ickes - the truth shall set you free." It's the complete opposite. In the bible, Jesus is basically saying there is only his truth, where as David Icke is saying, entrust in your own truth, within yourself. If you read the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus says more or less the same thing. Talk about contradictions, probably the main reason it's banned from the bible, as the Vatican doesn't want you to know the truth, only servitude & enslavement.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No Other Gospel
6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!
Text

Here we see the freedom aspect of the Old Testement laws being discussed. People are right in saying you are free but only on Jesus terms but that is the covenant that is greater than the imprisonned Jewish customs as slaves to the law. So the faith in Christ is greater than all the laws put together in the past for a way into heaven. As they say, if you live by the sword you die by the sword and no wonder Muslims live in the one way street and are judged by the sword of their own doing, its on their flags too, the same with other poitical systems that is neither free. I don't think the Thomas book makes that much difference to it all unless there is no connection with the Holy Spirit as inspiration or innacurate to the rest of the books .

14When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Text

One last thing to confirm what I said before, I only just found this verse my self and never read it before. I think Icke is in the same boat with this verse and so are many people who have made some spiritual change withi them selves but do not know or have strayed away from its orgins.

2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort
Text

[edit on 23-3-2009 by The time lord]

26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Text

[edit on 23-3-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
From reading these parts of the Bible and seeing how Icke thinks in the same lines but denounces the very revelations he preaches seems to lack double standards to appreciate something close to his undertandings. Hope he says something good about the Bible in future and actually reads it for him self.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Everything you say is based on the assumption that the bible is the word of GOD and there is plenty of people who believe otherwise, not to mention the apparent lack of evidence.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Everyone you say is based on the assumption that the bible is the word of GOD and there is plenty of people who believe otherwise, not to mention the apparent lack of evidence.

There is more evidence than the media would like to make out about the Bible if people just see it as a story. Historically it's accurate in many places with the ancient empires and historical places unearthed.

All I that I am thinking about is if David Icke bashes the every knowlede that mirrors his undertandings and funnily enough the Bible does speak about such people then you wonder where he is leading. Why does he admit that maybe what he thinks is not too far off from the knowledge of previous prophets, is he claiming to be the first one to experience his revelations and everyone else was just written before him was made up? There is some psychopathic double standards in his beliefs and maybe he has gone too deep for his own good.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Anyone else like to add to this thread, would of thought it would have grabbed more interest.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I cannot claim to be a Christian and be totally honest.
But Icke is a nutjob.

SS, Naga struck me--as at first reading this thread--as Icke himself; but more probably an Icke sycophant...

Really dude (to the Icke acolyte)? Christian beliefs may not be the most accepting but at least its lunacy is shrouded in centuries of history, mystery, tradition and dogma. Icke is a modern-day Jesus poseur at best. The dude is craaaaaaaazy.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Threadfall]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The Bible is absurd, no doubt. But the concept of ET reptilian/humanoids/shapeshifters/pedophiles...that's totally, umm, way logical and supported by facts. Yeah, ok.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

I experienced spontaneous Cosmic Consciousness at the age of 17...I'm 58. No, no meditation or illegal usage. My wife & I are vegetarians, two decades now. Don't drink, don't use anything, but we both meditate (very recommended to all). I am hardly a David Icke sycophant. I consider your statements as ignorance of what you are 'perceiving,' which is a view from the outside...not within.

Many concur in their understanding that the jesu mythos are slavery-indoctrination, and he is a compsited creation, as I happen to know. I would point out this source information, but it would not be understood (I have posted it on ats many times, all ignored). Heads in the sand.

You are welcome to your opinion...btw, how old are you? Sounds like you're just starting out, and have not figured much out yet.

David Icke is right to denounce your blind biblical beliefs. You sound like a jesu parasite, to me. Never look in the mirror of Truth...it might bite you....and then you might learn something. Better yet, maybe a visit to sunday mass might make you feel more fortified, so you can insult others who are not blind like yourself, and spread your pathetic sycophantic jesu contagion.

The Earth & it's humanity faces these trials because of your kind of Ignorance. Perhaps you enjoy getting the 'sacrament,' and paying 10% for your 'salvation.' Beats working for it, right? Hypocrites beyond belief.

We are all Daughters-Sons of the Creator Spirit, S/He, and all will be Refolded to this condition of EverAll.

christianity began like all religions, a pagan cult, and took form as one of the four heads of the Beast, ruling Earth's peoples. You think it is steeped in ancient tradition? Yes, indeed, stolen from previous histories & cultures many times it's age. But you wouldn't know that, would you? not having studied, just kowtowing to such 'aged beliefs.' And remember, you accept that over the freedom teachings of Icke or other's of his kind. Some of us, like Kindred, are beyond all that. Dark in the cave? get a light. ROFL.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am wondering what would David Icke think of someone who is spiritually intune with God, maybe has this universal insight to everything and yet claims its because of the Holy Spirit which is related to the Bible belief system. Will he say these people are nuts? Okay what do people think of him in return-you can not have it both ways.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

You are manifesting stubborn resistence to understanding. I suggest you carefully ponder kindred's post, 2nd one above, regarding the Gospel of Thomas. It might help you see that both systems of belief are describing ancient Truth...one enslaves (jesu is the only way), the other frees (you are daughters-sons of the All).

I think you need some deep study and meditation on Principle. Try some metaphysics, or even physics, rather than this ignoring of principles that you don't see as related. One is for the young, like santa claus or the easter bunny, the other is for the Mature self, willing to do their own work. You are perceiving a dichotomy* which you refuse to release and have entrapped your comprehension of underlaying principle(s).

(*dichotomy - 1. Division into two usually contradictory parts or opinions: "the dichotomy of the one and the many" Louis Auchincloss.

Both sources are based on ancient Earth knowledge, The Mysteries, yet one is re-written to subvert, the other (Icke) to give his understanding (viewpoint) on the same thing, but without subversion of the higher Self. Luck to you (no derision).

[edit on 1-4-2009 by SS,Naga]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join