It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Palestinians Launch Rocket Barrage; Revenge for Rantisi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Since the assassination of Hamas leader Rantisi, Palestinians have launched a series of rocket attacks against settlements and towns in the Gaza Strip. 15 Qassam rockets hit Israeli targets, damaging five buildings and injuring one Israeli soldier. The beginning of "100 Unique Reprisals" has started.

Palestinians Launch Rocket Barrage Following Killing of Militant Leader
On Tuesday morning, two rockets hit the northern Gaza settlement of Nissanit, one landed in the Erez industrial zone in northern Gaza and three in the nearby Israeli communities of Sderot and Kibbutz Niram, the army said.
Militants also fired two missiles at the settlement of Neve Dekalim in the southern Gaza Strip, damaging a house, the army said.
Later Tuesday, Israeli tanks and a bulldozer cleared some land near Nissanit. Several dozen Palestinian youths threw stones and troops responded with machine-gun fire, Palestinian security sources said.
Motasem Nasser, 17, from the town of Beit Hanoun, was killed. The army said he was climbing on a vehicle when troops shot him.

Related ATSNN Articles:
TOP STORY: Hamas: "There will be 100 reprisals"
NEWS: Hamas Leader Abdel Aziz Rantisi Killed in Israeli Airstrike

[Edited on 4-20-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The conclusion to another successful Isreali idea then . . .

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well, maybe If Isreal plays nice with the Palestinians they will leave them alone and all get along? One big happy family..

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
it's only a matter time before one of those rockets hits a populated area...then what?

Israel brings in their gunships kill more Palestinians, Palestinians get mad....they send rockets and suicide bombers....then Israel assassinates Arafat... this can go on and on and on or it could all blow up and countries start taking sides...which has already happened (Jordan backed out of meeting with the U.S over this) The whole situation stinks and is ripe for a major disaster.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Israel brings in their gunships kill more Palestinians, Palestinians get mad....they send rockets and suicide bombers....then Israel assassinates Arafat...

I have to disagree. Israel is killing Hamas, not Palestinians. Arafat supports Hamas and allows them to do kill innocent people.

Once Israel "chops off the head" of this terrorist body, I believe there will be peace. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This will not create peace! It is not 'terrorists' who are willing to kill themselves to attack Isreal, it is the everyday people, the people who have seen the isreali tanks rolling past there houses and killing their family members. What Isreal is doing will not make peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
everyday at least one palestinian has been killed. today alone 2 palestinian boys were killed. Yes Israel is targeting leaders but if you can't see the whole picture and see that bullets are being used against rocks, then you have no clear idea of the situation in that area.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
but if you can't see the whole picture and see that bullets are being used against rocks, then you have no clear idea of the situation in that area.

Exactely.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
earthtone and worldwatcher -

I understand what you are saying. But what should Israel do to create peace? The Palestinians want them dead.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
This will not create peace! It is not 'terrorists' who are willing to kill themselves to attack Isreal, it is the everyday people, the people who have seen the isreali tanks rolling past there houses and killing their family members. What Isreal is doing will not make peace.

Oh yeah, talk about a die hard terrorist fan. In the face of random attempts to murder innocent people on behalf of the Palestinian people you blame it on Israel because they killed a terrorist who said he was going to kill more innocent people. You're laughable.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I was not blaming anyone, both sides are killing, both sides are in the wrong. Can you honestly say that what Isreal is doing is making things better? Are you that ignorant of what happens to the Palestinians everyday?

[Edited on 4/20/2004 by earthtone]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
speaking for myself, I do not have the answers to solve the world's current problems, however I do know that violence only breeds violence. It is pointless to discuss my ideas on the situation because it only results in heated arguments where reason is lost and accusations are thrown around. It really annoys me when Americans call their fellow Americans terrorist lovers, fans and supporters just because we are not trigger happy and value life of all peoples.

If you look carefully at the history of the middle east, you will see that it is the leaders of the people who have full control of the situation there. There have been times when Jews and Muslims, Israeli's and Palestinians all co-existed together. It was and still is the leaders of both sides who push and pull, changing the scales and balance of this delicate situation to incite their people on both sides.

John Smith you said "In the face of random attempts to murder innocent people on behalf of the Palestinian people you blame it on Israel because they killed a terrorist who said he was going to kill more innocent people."

And why did Rantisi said he was fight Israel? because of an earlier assassination of Yassin, why did Yassin say he was going fight Israel, perhaps because of the assassination attempt on other Hamas leaders? perhaps because of the illegal Israeli settlements? You have to understand this back and forth bickering has been going on for decades, there will and has always been a reason for each side to pick up arms.

However you must realize that the injustice shows when bullets are used against rocks, and helicoptors and tanks are used against cars and people on foot. Be assured if Palestine had the military capabilities that Israel has, there would have been a full out war a long time ago and right now we would probably be talking about the most deadly war in history. Israel's use of force only instigates the hatred and contempt that Palestinians have for them.. this cycle of violence will continue as long as Israel uses its big guns and weapons.

this is my opinion, i do not see the need to defend it to you or anyone else, I have expressed my thoughts on this subject on many occassions and will continue to do so in different threads regarding the topic..but i am done in this one.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Are you that ignorant of what happens to the Palestinians everyday?

I believe the Palestinians want all Jews dead, just because they are Jewish and it is the Jewish homeland. Yes, I understand this land was taken from the Palestinians in 1946.

However, the Palestinians need to just get on with their lives and live in peace.

IMO, Israel is simply defending their homeland just as the US would defend theirs. Do you see Israel sending in children suicide bombers? It's hard to defend the Palestinians in this matter.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hope I'm not getting off topic here. I'm curious, after 1946 who threw the first stone? Palestine or Israel? I've always wondered.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
if there was a place to test mass brain washing this would be the place, Honestly what the hell are they supposed to do agaisnt people throwing everything from the bricks of their house to napalm to rockets i mean damn this is getting worse then the american cities, an thats down right shame, why dont they just Level Gaza an turn it into a McDonalds or a Temp agency with a nice mini mall for low income wages an they can work 40 hours a week just to have 2 days off an on them 2 days off they can spend the money they worked for that 40hrs to justify the act of working all that time anyways,. then instead of fighting each other they can fight the MAN! yeah FIGHT THE MAN!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Do you have any knowledge or insight on the region or this issue..?

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
Israel is killing Hamas, not Palestinians. Arafat supports Hamas and allows them to do kill innocent people.

Once Israel "chops off the head" of this terrorist body, I believe there will be peace. Just my opinion.

I believe the Palestinians want all Jews dead, just because they are Jewish and it is the Jewish homeland. Yes, I understand this land was taken from the Palestinians in 1946.

However, the Palestinians need to just get on with their lives and live in peace.

IMO, Israel is simply defending their homeland just as the US would defend theirs. Do you see Israel sending in children suicide bombers? It's hard to defend the Palestinians in this matter.

Hope I'm not getting off topic here. I'm curious, after 1946 who threw the first stone? Palestine or Israel? I've always wondered.

I feel you don't...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoaks I feel you don't...

Enlighten me. What do you feel I should know?

ppp

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
"Oh yeah, talk about a die hard terrorist fan. In the face of random attempts to murder innocent people on behalf of the Palestinian people you blame it on Israel because they killed a terrorist who said he was going to kill more innocent people. You're laughable."

There are many americans here with that opinion, so lets put in terms the Americans will understand better! I will repalce the Palestinians with Americans and the Israelis with the Soviets, simulating a invasion of the USA by the Soviets. How do Americans feel about the scenarios when they are faced with it? Is it right or wrong?

>>Oh yeah, talk about a die hard terrorist fan. In the face of random attempts to murder innocent people on behalf of the American people you blame it on the Soviets because they killed a terrorist who said he was going to kill more innocent people. You're laughable.>I believe the Americans want all Soviets dead, just because they are Communist and it is the Soviet homeland. Yes, I understand this land was taken from the Americans in 1946.

However, the Americans need to just get on with their lives and live in peace.

IMO, the Soviets are simply defending their homeland just as the UK would defend theirs. Do you see the Soviets sending in children suicide bombers? It's hard to defend the Americans in this matter.>I have to disagree. Israel is killing the National Guard, not Americans. Americans supports the National Guard and allows them to do kill innocent people.

Once the Soviets "chops off the head" of this terrorist body, I believe there will be peace. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Regardless of your opinions on violence or your opinions on which religion is the right religion, the core problem here is the ideology of genocide of a race which doesn't agree with the more savage radical religion. Diplomacy cannot work when you have one side which will not yield to compromise.

That being said, we are left faced with this growing hoard whos only goal is the termination of everyone who refuses their religion.

The talking is long since over. The cruel reality of what faces this world at the hands of such ideology is at the forefront.

You all can post until your blue in the face trying to give these savages a humanitarian side but they have it not.

The shroud of secrecy has fallen. What they are and what they intend is all too evident. Its not only Israel that faces this but as it begins to spread, we all will see its closer than we ever thought.

The truce is off.

The diplomacy is off.

..and the gloves are off.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppp
I will repalce the Palestinians with Americans and the Israelis with the Soviets, simulating a invasion of the USA by the Soviets. How do Americans feel about the scenarios when they are faced with it? Is it right or wrong?

Okay, I liked your scenerio. I'm going to preface by saying I'm not an Old Testament or WWII scholar and I'm going by memory here. Food for thought:

What if the Soviets had lived in America before the Americans invaded in 1492? Also the Soviets were promised by a "higher power" that America was their promised land?

What if millions of Soviets were gassed/tortured/starved in camps and after the war were given America back as an act of goodwill.

I guess I'd feel that the Soviets were the rightful inhabitants of America and the Americans had no rightful ownership.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join