It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and Ascension: Constrasting prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There is a belief that in 2012 we will enter into a golden age, ascending into the 5th dimension, DNA being activated, all centres of the brain activated etc. It's overtly positive. I wonder, however, why is it positive? To me the course the world is going on seems anything but positive, and I see no reason how a positive future could be reached from this course.

If we look at other prophecies, particularly the Hindu time cycles(discussed by Michael Cremo in his book human devolution) the near and distant future looks very bleak. According to the Hindu time cycles we are in the age of Kali, which began 5000 years ago in 3120 BCE. The age of Kali has a duration of 432,000 years, meaning 427,000 years remain. The age of Kali is the worst epoch of all the four ages, and as we go further into it get worse and worse, to the point where any noble values in the world are crushed by sheer force. Thus according to this account of the future humans on Earth are heading for an incredibly dystopic future which will continue for tens of thousands of human generations. This kind of throws water all over all of these ascention theories.

I cannot really say which one is right, but if ones looks at current events one has more reason to believe the Hindu account, than the new-age one.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

The way I've understood this contrast and how our reality seems to be slouching along is that some people do ascend and others don't, by choice. If we look there are examples of this going on right now. I read an account by a soldier who served in Afganistan that there was a very old man living in the hills who was a buddhist, vary wise and sane amid the chaos...the soldier talked about what happened when he eventually got arrested, he said he was smiling even as they pulled the black hood over his face.

What is our choice going to be as a species?? The big epoch changing events that the prophecies allude to will have their impact, then people will choose to wake up or not. The ones who do might then take action toward making the world a better place, stop the harm they are doing, if the are doing any, and others might continue on as they are...

The old man in Afganistan I think is an example of someone who has already ascended and is leading the way for the rest of us. It's already happening. The soldier who knew him plans to study so he can help other vets with PTSD-now think on that. He seems to be choosing to move towards the light. Ascension is happening now. NOW!

I have heard talk that when the Earth is firmly into her cycle of change somehow people who insist on staying in 3rd dimension will have their own 3rd dimensional earth and the other earth will carry the ascended ones, which sounds pretty nutty, I can't understand that concept - how that is supposed to work, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

I say let's ascend now right where we are, the future will take care of itself. Ascending is mythologized to a silly degree I think, just when you learn something that gives you a broader perspective of the world-that is ascension right there. I don't think it means never having a problem or being translucent energy floating around being joyful all the time.

Good topic OP interesting discussion!!

new topics

join