It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Story I was told about secret base in Northern Arizona...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have known the person that told me this story for about 10 years and have no reason to think that it was a fabrication. It takes place near Payson, Arizona. He used to be a general contractor and would stay in a trailer in the woods near his jobsites, because they were usually out in the middle of nowhere and hard to get in and out of. For a few weeks straight at this particular location, he told me at night he could see lights going in and out of a little mountain in the distance. Lights that would enter the mountain but never come out, and lights that would appear from the base of the mountain and fly away. One night his curiosity got the best of him and he said he started driving his truck toward the mountain. He said a road appeared out of nowhere, he started following it, and after driving for about 5 minutes a white Jeep Grand Cherokee pulled out in front of him and 2 "gi-joe looking guys with M-16s" stepped out of the truck, told him he was going to turn around and not come back. Well my friend replied "no, I'm going to see what you guys have in that mountain." (he's not too bright).
After that statement one of the "gi-joes" put a clip in the m16 and cocked it, and told him again to turn around. He got the picture and that was that.

Has anyone heard of anything like this in the Payson area? I know the area is a hotbed for UFO sightings, maybe they're not extra-terrestrial but in fact terrestrial in nature? Makes you think...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So the "GI JOES" had rifles in hand but didnt have any mags in them UNTIL after your friend said he was gonna go see whats in the mountain? Any idea of where? There are lots of mountains there. Even a general direction would be nice. Have him tell you where and get an idea of it since he obviously had his own transportation while out there he should know which roads he took. Im willing to go out to where he was if you can get me better ideas of where to go. Im about 1 hours drive from payson.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

putting a magazine in the rifle and cocking it is a VERY effective situation diffusing technique.

I was told this story at work and have the next 2 days off. I can find out more info on Tuesday.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hes a friend of 10 years but you have to wait till you go back to work to talk to him? Or just an acquaintance? Sorry if Im nitpicking. I really am interested since LOCAL conspiracies rarely happen. AZ seems boring... or is that just a good cover story

Now i dont doubt his story at all. Im a believer first skeptic later
I just found it odd that a military presence would not already have mags in the gun but also have the rifle ready to go with a round in the chamber "cocked" and just have the selector switch the SAFE.

I tried to bring up a few items about payson and ufos and found a few but Ive lived close to it for my entire life and never heard to it referred as a hotbed of activity. Sedona, yes but only recently.

There was a story told about a base up around Winslow AZ but that poster has yet to provide any further details after I offered to go check it out. Im hoping this will turn out better! Ill get pics and a full report if we can find a spot.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by SHNIPE]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Its funny after you mentioning this, I went on google earth and that whole area is blurred. i went on other maps and the same. But if you go to area 51, you can see everythig. Coverup?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
maps.live.com doesnt blur anything. Most of googles are done by satellite and live maps uses aerial photography.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
heres the thread on the OTHER Northern AZ "bases"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If you had something you wanted to keep hidden then Arizona is definitely the place to put it.

It is also the perfect place for someone to go missing inconspicuously.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I used to live in Christopher Creek, which is at the base of the Mogollon Rim and about 18 miles East of Payson.
I have heard numerous rumors about this "base". One story in particular I feel is relevent and credible.
A man that I had known for several years (Dan) went hunting up on the rim with his 13 year old son. This guy had been in the military, had lived his whole life in the Payson area and in Christopher Creek for close to 20 years. He was a well respected General Contractor that was civicly active in the community.
He said that they were hunting in the area near Knoll Lake well off of any of the many dirt roads in the area, when they came upon a 12 ft fence with razor wire on top. He said that all he could see on the other side was just more forest. He said the area fenced off was a very large area. Curious, because he had never seen this before, and having hunted this area for decades, he and his son started to skirt the fence to see what the heck was going on.
They had been following the fence line for about 10 minutes when they were confronted by 4 men wearing military type uniforms. I say "type" because there was no identifying signs of what govt or service these guys were from.
The 4 men confiscated their weapons and told them that they were trespassing and that if they were seen there again they could be shot.
Because his son was with him, Dan complied with them just to get his son out of harm's way.
When he got back to town, he came into the bar I was tending and related the story to the few of us that were there at the time. He said he thought they might be some "VERY well funded Militia group". Later that same week, he and his 2 brothers went back up there to find out what the *#$! was going on and to get his weapons back.
Naturally, we were all anxious to hear about what happened, but when they got back, they werent talkin' and within 2 months Dan and his entire family had moved to Minnesota.
The location of this "base" according to Dan, is North of Knoll Lake approx 2 miles; South of Winslow, in the woods.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
NOW we're gettin somewhere!!!!! Thanks for your additions!

BTW all that area is Apache Sitgreaves Natl Forest so a militia couldnt own land inside it. would have to be adjacent unless some parcesl were sold off but looking at teh mapserver i dont see any other than natl forest land

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

Correct!
It is all Nat'l Forest Circus land
No private land anywhere nearby
4th line

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Did some digging and most of the UFO links with Payson have to do with the phx lights except one.

Link to Open Minds Forum

Mentions Turret Peak Summit which is about 15-20 miles due west of payson. No mention of military bases.

Ill keep looking

ELO: Is there any contact with your friend? I assume hes not willing to talk about it openly but maybe after so much time it might be ok? If he can help with roads im willing to drive out.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

It seems that noone has heard from him since he moved to MN. That was back in 2000, 2001.
The town of Christopher Creek has really died since then, as most of the revenue of the town came from people passing through. Back then, HWY 260 was a winding 2 lane road that went through the center of town. Now, the highway is a big 4 lane hwy that bypases the town entirely. As a result, alot of the people (myself included) have moved away to find work.
I know the area pretty well, and could give you some good places to start.
Interestingly, the 4 lane hwy narrows back down to 2 lanes right where you need to turn off to get to the Knoll Lake area...
Directions as follows:
From Payson, go East on 260 (midtown, McDonalds on corner) continue for about 25 miles. At the top of the rim is a left turn lane that goes to a popular recreation area, Woods Cyn Lake. Turn left. This road is FS 300, aka Rim Road. It will take you in a WNW direction. This rd is paved until you come to the Woods Cyn Lake cutoff. It turns to dirt. Go straight onto the dirt road.
In about 5 miles you'll come to 2 Ts/Ys in the road. Stay to the left both times. The second one is about 1 mile past the 1st. You still be on FS 300 Rim Road.
About 6-8 miles further you'll come to a road that runs on the East side of Knoll Lake. We called that road Limestone Rd, because there used to be a limestone quarry somewhere on it. Turn right on Limestone Rd. I'm not sure if its marked "Limestone Rd", but it is just East of Knoll Lake.
Now you are in the neighborhood.
As you travel in a NNW direction, you'll come to FS 56 that goes off to the right in a more northerly direction.
My understanding is the target area is somewhere between Limestone Road and FS 56, a few miles North of Knoll Lake.
The area is pretty vast and pretty remote. I would recommend a good spare tire, plenty of water, food basic survival stuff. A good topo map would be helpful. I would take a sidearm, at least. Cell phone service is non existant for miles up here, just so you know. Let someone know where your going and when you will be back.
There is a map of AZ avail by, I think DeLorme that has like, 70 pages of just AZ and it has all these backroads on it.
Happy hunting, be careful and let us know what you find! good Luck!
edit to add... BTW, This area has had numerous well documented bigfoot sighting also!

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

The nearest "Private" lands to this area that I know of are, Christopher Creek to the South, also Forest Lakes on Hwy 260. There is an area to the East called Chevelon Cyn Estates or something like that, which is West of Heber, off FR 504. I think its in the juniper/ sagebrush areas (not in the pines) toward Winslow. I remember when 40 acre parcels were being sold for $395 per acre there. Thats to the East. Towards the West, areas around Blue Ridge Reservoir are private. North, you get into the Winslow area.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Dude,maybe they`re trying to hide something from us like aliens and maybe just maybe they`re cooperating with aliens.This is very awkward

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
"no, I'm going to see what you guys have in that mountain."
Ha!I find that funny!
But yes seriously, if they were on duty, they would already have clips in the rifles.
So I think someone is telling you a tall tale.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
No, you can't possibly be able to make a judgement on the magazine loading as testimony to the credibility of this story. That's making a whole mess of assumptions here, where you only have a story.

First of all, just because they are dressed a certain way and have M-16's doesn't automatically mean they are some branch of military - it just implies it.
So the next question you ask is why would someone want to imply (or have) a military presence around a 12 foot barbed wire fence?
To keep something out? (ie people) or To keep something in?

If you are intent on digging around for information without confronting M-16 in your face why don't you try going for the council records on that property? Who owns it? Is it owned by the government or is it private? Paper trails are everywhere and there are certain avenues to accessing these things. Make enquires into the local council about that area specifically.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

The government SHOULDNT be in a private national park, but afterall it doesn't mean that they COULDNT. My guess- full on area 51-- afterall the government is nothing more than a paperwork of bull# and lies

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Hi xynephadyn...love your avatar!
This is not in a National park, it IS in a national forest
3rd line

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mugen1005

Yeah, the dude from Heber... whats his name from "Fire in the Sky" fame...Travis... yeah, he thought it was awkward too...

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Elostone]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join