It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Gregg says Obama budget will bankrupt US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON – The top Republican on the Senate Budget Committee says the Obama administration is on the right course to save the nation's financial system.

But Sen. Judd Gregg of New Hampshire also says President Barack Obama's massive budget proposal will bankrupt the country.

Gregg says he has no regrets in withdrawing his nomination to become commerce secretary. He pulled out after deciding he could not fully back the administration's economic policies.

The senator said Obama's spending plan in the midst of a prolonged recession would leave the next generation with a country too expensive to live in.

Gregg appeared Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

A very credible voice saying what some of us were fearing to be the case.

All you see in the news is more billions needed for ___________ failing industry. (You fill in the blank. There are plenty to choose from.)

Now we hear:

Obama budget projected at $9.3 trillion in next 10 years

www.iht.com...

What is it going to take to stop this runaway train, folks?

This country does need a saviour. Mr.Obama is not it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
This country does need a saviour. Mr.Obama is not it.

Who is John Galt? Seriously. It's like these guys are using the Atlas Shrugged playbook. And we all know what happens at the end of Atlas Shrugged .... total worldwide economic collapse due to idiot politicians and their 'emergency legislations' that are supposed to save the world economies.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

He's right. I can't lay all of the blame at Obama's feet, afterall, its been going on for 40 years, but the fact is, his budget will result in about the same amount of debt as has been racked up in the entire history of the country before he came into office. It should be obvious that this is not sustainable.

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if they may really be trying to drive it into the ground intentionally. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
I'm beginning to wonder if they may really be trying to drive it into the ground intentionally.

A LOT of people have been wondering that. Everyone I talk to about these things, in real life, wonder if he's doing it on purpose. Everything he is doing in this area is soooooo wrong!

Heck .. even his behavior with the Wednesday Night is White House Party Night situation stinks to high heaven of him burning money. 100$ per oz Kobe Beef. Champaign flowing. BIG name entertainment. White House staff overtime. Secret Service overtime. Food. Drinks. party party party - every Wednesday. It's not 'like' he's burning money .. he IS burning money. OUR tax payer money!!!!!

I also have come to believe that he's doing it on purpose.
His Bildeberger handlers probably told him to kill the economy.
He's a good little tool - doing what his handlers say.

[edit on 3/22/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Like McCain wouldnt have done the same. The only difference would have been years and years of war with no end in sight. Massive overspending on the military and nothing spent at home.

Don't think for one second that the Republicans would have done any better the only difference would be they would have cut taxes just for the wealthy.

Other than that the budget would look pretty much the same except more brave men and women would die overseas needlessly.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
ok what's suppose to happen after the economic collapse? Do they have a plan for america?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester
ok what's suppose to happen after the economic collapse? Do they have a plan for america?

Pick any of the following:

1. Balkanization: Secession of states into independent entities
2. Civil Unrest
3. Martial Law or State of Emergency
4. Civil War
5. Coup d'etat
6. Revolution
7. Insurgency
8. Dissolution of the Union into a commonwealth or confederation
9. Union with Mexico and Canada
10. Trans Atlantic Union with Europe
11. become a Dominion of the British Commonwealth
12. or some bizarre combination of the above

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What was Obama supposed to do? We are just supposed to trust the new administration because they are the good guys compared to what we just finished with but I honestly have no idea what the heck they are doing except spending a lot of money on what I perceive as fat cats wallets.

Here is what I think happened:
Somewhere along the line our governmental power structure was co-opted by those that put the needs of capitalistic profit above the Constitutional rights and needs of the common man. Now, believe it or not we are being given the reigns of leadership once again because we have out lived our usefulness as a money making machine. We demanded higher and higher wages which reduced company earnings (a little). We became masters of consuming on credit. We have shut down industries due to environmental degradation, among other things, and just as it is cheaper to get labor over there (in Asia first and Africa next) there are also more raw materials AND more places to use them. The population is growing faster over there and the fat cats will nickel and yen every single one of them.

The money has left the building.

it is a curse but it may also be a small blessing given time.

NOW -Where the heck is all this bailout/stimulus money going?????

new topics

top topics

join